Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1335799 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #7750 on: January 04, 2023, 01:24:24 PM »
Having a cup of tea so here you go Dan.

"He's a very important player for us," Corberan said. "He was playing as a striker, when he is not a striker, so he was putting in the effort to play in a position which is not his position. He's more a winger, and it's true that, for me, the injury that he had hampered his growing and movement into the first XI. His injury affected the fact that he couldn't be involved with the team."

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7751 on: January 04, 2023, 01:30:58 PM »
Having a cup of tea so here you go Dan.

"He's a very important player for us," Corberan said. "He was playing as a striker, when he is not a striker, so he was putting in the effort to play in a position which is not his position. He's more a winger, and it's true that, for me, the injury that he had hampered his growing and movement into the first XI. His injury affected the fact that he couldn't be involved with the team."

Cheers Gaz'. Must admit I've never really seen him as a winger in the traditional sense either though. More of a wide forward or just off the striker. Completely understand his references to the injury and being asked to occupy a role not suited to him.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7752 on: January 04, 2023, 01:32:18 PM »
Cheers Gaz'. Must admit I've never really seen him as a winger in the traditional sense either though. More of a wide forward or just off the striker. Completely understand his references to the injury and being asked to occupy a role not suited to him.

No I don't see him as a winger either so it seems he's third choice striker and 3rd choice winger as things stand.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7753 on: January 04, 2023, 01:37:57 PM »
Fellow baggie Morgan Rogers has signed for Blackpool on loan for the rest of the season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7754 on: January 04, 2023, 02:39:17 PM »
Nixon reckons Burnley want Surridge

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7755 on: January 06, 2023, 12:05:20 PM »
Archer to Boro loan is a done deal.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7756 on: January 06, 2023, 06:09:43 PM »
Wagner appointed at Norwich. BOO, should have gone for Bruce.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7757 on: January 06, 2023, 06:52:56 PM »
Yes, alot of us would have liked to see Bruce get it for obvious reasons  ;) However, Wagner may not be that much better. His record at Schalke included 18 games without a win, including a 0-8 battering by Bayern. At Young Boys in Switzerland, who he allegedly gave the preference to over us,  he only lasted less than a year. Not sure of the circumstances for that.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7758 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:26 PM »
Yes, alot of us would have liked to see Bruce get it for obvious reasons  ;) However, Wagner may not be that much better. His record at Schalke included 18 games without a win, including a 0-8 battering by Bayern. At Young Boys in Switzerland, who he allegedly gave the peference to over us,  he only lasted less than a year. Not sure of the circumstances for that.

Fingers crossed he has a bad time there Alex

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7759 on: January 06, 2023, 07:16:14 PM »
Wagner appointed at Norwich. BOO, should have gone for Bruce.

I can just picture an impatient Delia at the press conference with Bruce making his way through his tenth Smith's homemade pie with gravy for a snack before his unveiling........

'COME ON BRUCEY, LET'S be 'avin you!'
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7760 on: January 06, 2023, 07:17:55 PM »
I can just picture an impatient Delia at the press conference with Bruce making his way through his tenth Smith's homemade pie with gravy for a snack before his unveiling........

'COME ON BRUCEY, LET'S be 'avin you!'

I would love to see that but it's not happening now :(

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7761 on: January 08, 2023, 07:56:38 PM »
Leicester City
@LCFC
George Hirst has been recalled from Blackburn, and will spend the second half of 2022/23 on loan at Ipswich, subject to Football League clearance

Wasn't this guy rated?

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7762 on: January 14, 2023, 01:50:26 PM »
Still over 30 minutes to go but Blackburn 2-0 down at Rotherham.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7763 on: January 14, 2023, 01:57:56 PM »
Morgan Whitaker, 22,  of Swansea is now being linked with us. He has just been recalled by the Welsh Club after being out on loan with Plymouth where he scored nine goals. He has been left out of Swansea’s squad today.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:11:44 PM by royhan »

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7764 on: January 14, 2023, 02:11:26 PM »
Rotherham 3 Blackburn 0 I don't think Blackburn will last the pace.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7765 on: January 14, 2023, 02:12:11 PM »
Rotherham 3 Blackburn 0 I don't think Blackburn will last the pace.

Diaz wasn't in the squad

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7766 on: January 14, 2023, 02:13:29 PM »
Take away Diaz and Blackburn don't have enough for promotion for me.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7767 on: January 14, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »
Diaz wasn't in the squad
Wife giving birth apparently
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7768 on: January 14, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »
Noriwch went 3 up against PNE within 30 mins. Why did they sack Smith???

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7769 on: January 14, 2023, 04:01:21 PM »
Noriwch went 3 up against PNE within 30 mins. Why did they sack Smith???

The issue with Blackburn is that they can't find a way to draw, it's either win or lose. They've lost by the odd goal in a number of games, a more even side would have turned some of those defeats into draws.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7770 on: January 14, 2023, 04:04:21 PM »
The issue with Blackburn is that they can't find a way to draw, it's either win or lose. They've lost by the odd goal in a number of games, a more even side would have turned some of those defeats into draws.

I agree Hull but i'm talking about Norwich there   :P

I think Blackburn rely too much on Diaz, if he's not on it, they lose. Would be crazy if went a whole season without drawing. Has that ever happened anywhere?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7771 on: January 15, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »

I agree Hull but i'm talking about Norwich there   :P

I think Blackburn rely too much on Diaz, if he's not on it, they lose. Would be crazy if went a whole season without drawing. Has that ever happened anywhere?

I don't know about that, but we haven't drawn in the league as well under cc, and given our predicament when he came draws would have been useless to us, as they showed to be under Bruce unmighty.

Regarding Diaz, Blackburn are going to have very serious dilemma in the couple of weeks. Do they "chicken" out and cash in on him (desperados like West Ham and Everton will probably pay at least £20m for him) or do they stick with him and lose him for nowt.

Losing that much isn't chicken feed.

If it was my decision I would sell because that Blackburn defence and defeats record is going to make them miss the po again just like they lost steam last season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7772 on: January 15, 2023, 04:23:27 PM »
I don't know about that, but we haven't drawn in the league as well under cc, and given our predicament when he came draws would have been useless to us, as they showed to be under Bruce unmighty.

Regarding Diaz, Blackburn are going to have very serious dilemma in the couple of weeks. Do they "chicken" out and cash in on him (desperados like West Ham and Everton will probably pay at least £20m for him) or do they stick with him and lose him for nowt.

Losing that much isn't chicken feed.

If it was my decision I would sell because that Blackburn defence and defeats record is going to make them miss the po again just like they lost steam last season.

Blackburn are asking 15m which is daft and so far every PL suitor has said no to 15m. Could change by end of window of course.

As you say do Blackburn keep him and hope he stays fit all season which gives them a chance at play offs but will lose him on a free is not OR sell him now and accept champo mediocrity?