Author Topic: FA Cup 4th Round Draw  (Read 3328 times)

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

FA Cup 4th Round Draw
« on: January 08, 2023, 01:06:37 PM »
If (a hardly insubstantial if on yesterday's evidence) we do prevail against the Spireites, what do we want for R4?

Vile or Wolves at home for me. Failing that, either of the blighters away.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: FA Cup 4th Round Draw
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »
Would take a home draw, preferably against a side from a lower division. Unlike many, I would love a good cup run.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 01:18:53 PM »
Fleetwood, Wrexham or Grimsby away for me from the teams who are definitely through.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:19:40 PM »
Win the replay. Then an away day. 3pm kickoff. No train strikes and a reasonable distance. Beyond that I'm not too bothered so long as those on the pitch give a better account of themselves than they did for large tracts of yesterday's game. COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 01:24:19 PM »
Definitely not Villa or Wolves home or away, could be embarrassing.
A rubbish team at home and hopefully a run into the later rounds

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 04:14:22 PM »
If we win the replay then we have Bristol/Swansea away.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 04:14:53 PM »
If we win the replay then we have Bristol/Swansea away
Both winnable
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 04:21:40 PM »
Both winnable if we put a strong side out. The question is will we.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 04:22:04 PM »
Terrible draw. I imagine it will be Swansea we face.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 06:27:29 PM »
Villa have just lost at home to Stevenage  ;D

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 06:30:36 PM »
Boos ringing around Seal park
Hilarious
Suddenly a last minute equaliser at Chesterfield don’t feel so bad

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 06:40:40 PM »
A lot of premier league teams have gone out.

I still think we should rest our first teamers - but there is an opportunity to go far this year

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 06:52:50 PM »
First thoughts - another dull draw. They always are whe  you play a side in your division.

Then again, most ties are dull really, other than drawing Walsall or a prem side.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 08:26:00 PM »
A lot of premier league teams have gone out.

I still think we should rest our first teamers - but there is an opportunity to go far this year

Its similar to 2008 under mowbray we faced charlton and cov from champ and peterborough from league one and bristol rovers from league 2- all away.

A lot of bigger sides crashed out that year. You just have to best whats in front of you and continue to hope for kind draws and you could suddenly find yourself in a quarter or semi final.

Arsenal to play city in next round. West ham and spurs both with championship sides away. You never know.
O Albion we love you

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 09:15:04 PM »
Its similar to 2008 under mowbray we faced charlton and cov from champ and peterborough from league one and bristol rovers from league 2- all away.

A lot of bigger sides crashed out that year. You just have to best whats in front of you and continue to hope for kind draws and you could suddenly find yourself in a quarter or semi final.

Arsenal to play city in next round. West ham and spurs both with championship sides away. You never know.

In fact it's very similar. 7 PL teams out (already) and that's the most since the season you refer to.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023, 12:51:17 AM »
In fact it's very similar. 7 PL teams out (already) and that's the most since the season you refer to.

Leeds have a replay v cardiff
Dingles v scousers so that number will rise to 8 potentially 9 before 4th round kicks off.

Then in 4th you have brighton v dingles/scousers  and
Man city v arsenal. So without any up sets by conclusion of 4th its down to 10.

Leicester away at saddlers
Tottenham away at pne
Fulham hosting total football tonys sunderland even west ham going to derby. Some proper cup draws/potential banana skins. Its important we best Chesterfield and then try to get in the 5th round
O Albion we love you

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023, 07:57:34 AM »
I think we should take this seriously. I would rather us lose against Luton and Burnley and win our replay and the 4th round tie. Being in the hat for the 5th round means more money and also as others have bussed there's quite a few Prem teams out already.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 08:16:40 AM »
I think we should take this seriously. I would rather us lose against Luton and Burnley and win our replay and the 4th round tie. Being in the hat for the 5th round means more money and also as others have bussed there's quite a few Prem teams out already.

If we lose to Burnley and Luton that may well put a massive dent in our play off aspirations. Even if we won the FA Cup we would get £3.9M, compared to the £100M + for getting promoted.
 If we got to the semis (and lost) we would have amassed £1.4M  if we won the semi we would have £1.9M.

As I've said in an earlier post I love a Cup run but, from a financial point of view, winning the FA Cup is very small beer compared to getting promoted.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 08:39:48 AM »
Me personally would forget about the FA Cup and concentrate on getting promoted. It's  a distraction which we have little chance of winning and chances players getting injured.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023, 09:24:02 AM »
Me personally would forget about the FA Cup and concentrate on getting promoted. It's  a distraction which we have little chance of winning and chances players getting injured.

The League is definitely more important but I think back to the Mowbray season. Title winners and Cup Semi Final. Didn't do us any harm there and winning games breeds confidence.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2023, 12:54:36 PM »
The League is definitely more important but I think back to the Mowbray season. Title winners and Cup Semi Final. Didn't do us any harm there and winning games breeds confidence.

Of course it does. There is absolutely no reason a club cannot do well in both competitions.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2023, 08:51:25 PM »

With this 100%.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2023, 03:25:55 AM »
Seeing the final 4 of league cup. 3 of the sides i cannot recall winning a trophy in the last 25 years... further shows why you have to take the cup seriously. Even on promotion we should strive to be a cup team
O Albion we love you

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2023, 04:29:51 AM »
As well as being 5 times F.A Cup winners , we are 8th in the all-time list of semi-finalists (20 appearances).
This is our heritage, and yet many of our supporters are happy to abandon competing for it.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2023, 08:05:59 AM »

The flaw in this argument is that we weren't making up a massive points difference in 2007/08 to just get into play offs.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill