Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 144237 times)

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

Re: Jonathan Leko (on loan at Charlton)
« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2020, 07:09:39 PM »
22 weeks to hear the case!
Good to see the FA are treating the subject with their normal efficiency and alacrity.
And I wouldn't expect the PFA to be much better with Taylor at the helm (whilst earning £42,000 per week).

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2020, 09:59:37 PM »
Wow, kick it out and the PFA called out for doing naff all !

I have massive admiration for JL after this statement,  it cannot be easy to stand up to the apathy of those who claim to represent and support you, especially at such a young age

Well done JL this baggies fan applauds you, I really hope this statement gets the exposure and support it deserves !!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:22:53 PM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »
Wow, kick it out and the OR A called out for doing naff all !

I have massive admiration for JL after this statement,  it cannot be easy to stand up to the apathy of those who claim to represent and support you, especially at such a young age

Well done NO this baggies fan applauds you, I really hope this statement gets the exposure and support it deserves !!!
Very well said, JL. Good luck to you for a speedy recovery from your injury.Look forward to seeing you at the shrine next season.
Onwards and upwards.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
I have read the full report on the FA website, it is utterly damning of Casilla but for me the fact that Leeds use Tyler Roberts via a WhatsApp message to suggest to Leko that he misheard is a particularly low point of this sordid episode particularly in the light of the fact that at no point at the hearing did Casilla deny he had used the phrase reported. Overall I think the Casilla is very fortunate to escape with an 8 game ban.

As for the PFA, Kick it out etc... well it's par for the course sadly.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2020, 09:24:50 AM »
Wow, kick it out and the PFA called out for doing naff all !

Well done JL this baggies fan applauds you, I really hope this statement gets the exposure and support it deserves !!!
Absolutely this. Took real guts to stand up and he's been treated appallingly, have the Baggies issued any statement? If not, they should do and back him to the hilt.
22 weeks is totally ridiculous, Leeds should be docked points for all the games he played in in that timeframe.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2020, 09:50:29 AM »
This has barely made the news! Nothing on BBC Football homepage.
Makes my blood boil. We get all sanctimonious when it happens to one of our players in Foreign lands yet, when it's one of our own on home soil, it gets swept under the carpet.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2020, 10:48:08 AM »
This has barely made the news! Nothing on BBC Football homepage.
Makes my blood boil. We get all sanctimonious when it happens to one of our players in Foreign lands yet, when it's one of our own on home soil, it gets swept under the carpet.

"Young black man suffers racist abuse and responds by following due process, then challenges the judgement in an intelligent and articulate way" is not a headline the press are looking for.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:58:22 AM by Oldbury24 »

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2020, 11:12:21 AM »
Kick it out should be ashamed of themselves and more should be made about their lack of action. Complete joke. The one time their help is needed they are nowhere to be seen. How will anything ever change with this type of attitude

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #433 on: March 05, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Kick it out should be ashamed of themselves and more should be made about their lack of action. Complete joke. The one time their help is needed they are nowhere to be seen. How will anything ever change with this type of attitude
May be controversial but, I think, some of the time they are too busy trying to prove racism where it isn't (e.g. Moore's sacking) than dealing with it where it actually is, like in Leko's case.
The PFA have actually come out and said that they e-mailed the club, not sure if us or Charlton, but got no response so "presumed" their help was not required. Did they not think it pertinent to actually speak to the lad?
Really wish our club would come out in support of him as I'm sure the fans will when they get chance.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #434 on: March 05, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
May be controversial but, I think, some of the time they are too busy trying to prove racism where it isn't (e.g. Moore's sacking) than dealing with it where it actually is, like in Leko's case.
The PFA have actually come out and said that they e-mailed the club, not sure if us or Charlton, but got no response so "presumed" their help was not required. Did they not think it pertinent to actually speak to the lad?
Really wish our club would come out in support of him as I'm sure the fans will when they get chance.

An email to the club!! Not exactly reaching out to offer support to the player is it?  Shoddy.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #435 on: March 05, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »
Wow, the report is damming.  In the light of the evidence, and the pitiful excuses offered (I did not know the N word for example).  Why the limited ban?  Should be a lot higher than this in my view.  Leko comes out of this well as a measured and thoughtful individual.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #436 on: March 05, 2020, 01:00:49 PM »
A 1 year ban plus some community work at the very least. Fans can get banned for life remember.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
A 1 year ban plus some community work at the very least. Fans can get banned for life remember.
Sawyers got 3 games for tickling someone! Something very wrong with this whole saga.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #438 on: March 05, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »
I have read the full report on the FA website, it is utterly damning of Casilla but for me the fact that Leeds use Tyler Roberts via a WhatsApp message to suggest to Leko that he misheard is a particularly low point of this sordid episode particularly in the light of the fact that at no point at the hearing did Casilla deny he had used the phrase reported. Overall I think the Casilla is very fortunate to escape with an 8 game ban.

As for the PFA, Kick it out etc... well it's par for the course sadly.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/03/kiko-casilla-written-reasons-030320
The hearing PDF file is at the end of the linked website page.

Casilla repeatedly denies use of the phrase, contrary to Standaman's comment.
He claimed to not know what he was supposed to have said, even when it was clear that all the Leeds players had discussed the exact wording of the insult on the coach immediately after the game.
To his shame he used the 'I don't speak English' defence, amongst other lies.
Leko was commended by the Independent Regulatory Commission for bringing the complaint and his conduct throughout, which given the use of QC's to cross examine him must have been tough for a young player.
It is a good job that he had a strong, credible witness to the slur in M Bonne to corroborate his claim.

Having read all of the evidence, and the pressure he must have been under, Leko has gone up in my estimation.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #439 on: March 05, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
I’m astonished this isn’t getting covered more. Talksports Jim white had a good piece on It today where the kick it out guy was embarrassed.

Leeds should be getting seriously sanctioned for trying to cover it up.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #440 on: March 05, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »
Am i right in saying Casilla is claiming he didn't know the N word was not racist.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »
Am i right in saying Casilla is claiming he didn't know the N word was not racist.
More than that, he said he had not come across the word ever, did not know what it meant (and that he had no idea of the racist connotation), and never said it.
The commission clearly stated that they did not believe him.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2020, 06:45:31 PM »
A member of the Leeds team that day stood up to support Leko. Quite damning in my view.

Casilla, like a fan would have, should have been banned for life.

But they’re not bothered about stamping out racism..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #443 on: March 05, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa sends message to Jonathan Leko after Kiko Casilla ban

“ Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa believes Jonathan Leko "deserves the support of everybody" following the FA's decision to charge Kiko Casilla with racial abuse.

The incident occurred when Charlton beat the Whites 1-0 at the Valley back in September - Leko was on loan at the Addicks from parent club West Brom at the time.”

Fair play to him

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #444 on: March 06, 2020, 10:42:57 AM »
Have Leeds released a statement. If the guy played for us I'd want him sacked. I don't care how good a player he is, football needs to start practising what it preaches!!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #445 on: March 06, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa sends message to Jonathan Leko after Kiko Casilla ban

“ Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa believes Jonathan Leko "deserves the support of everybody" following the FA's decision to charge Kiko Casilla with racial abuse.

The incident occurred when Charlton beat the Whites 1-0 at the Valley back in September - Leko was on loan at the Addicks from parent club West Brom at the time.”

Fair play to him
If he felt that strongly he could have suspended Casilla pending investigation. Or, now he has been found guilty, sack him completely.
Leko needed support during the ordeal not once it's all done and dusted. Token gesture

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
If he felt that strongly he could have suspended Casilla pending investigation. Or, now he has been found guilty, sack him completely.
Leko needed support during the ordeal not once it's all done and dusted. Token gesture
Mail reporting today that there has been no apology from Casilla or Leeds United. Lowlife player, would expect no more, but for the club not to distance themselves from him, disgraceful.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #447 on: April 15, 2020, 10:20:01 AM »
Mail reporting today that there has been no apology from Casilla or Leeds United. Lowlife player, would expect no more, but for the club not to distance themselves from him, disgraceful.

You are quite right. The only reason for not doing so would be that they were still reserving their right to appeal. Does anyone know where we are with that? 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2020, 11:02:04 AM »
This incident seems like ages ago surely their time for appeal is over?
Leeds have been a poorly run club since Revie, they cheated and were the dirtiest team I can remember that I've ever seen.
Their supporters are very hostile not sporting just nasty.
Let's hope they don't go up.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #449 on: April 15, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »
Not controversial...exactly how they operate .

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..