Author Topic: Tyrone Mears  (Read 60960 times)

kendo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tyrone Mears signs official
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »
 You could not make it up, could ya. This club is getting to be laughing stock of the league. It,s always the same every transfer window, big interesting names always mentioned ,then we get the rubbish. What on earth is going on at this once great club. whats worrying aswell is, as DM got anymore mates he wants to bring in. I am almost ready to jack it all in.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
Money is going back to China to pay the idiot of an owner who would you believe it has no idea how to run a football club. Smacks of relegation in 80's and how long did it take to get over that. Seems every player was for sale but valuations were to high, think valuations will come down in next window and we will move on high earners.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »
I really don’t know what to say about this so I’ll say nothing

Frankly I’m embarrassed
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
Try and get your head around this...

Full list of West Bromwich Albion first team right backs:

- Tyrone Mears

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »
Dear god...
The only positive I guess is it's only a 6 month deal...
Phillips can't play every game he will burn out and if he got injured then we would be in a spot of bother
O Albion we love you

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
Try and get your head around this...

Full list of West Bromwich Albion first team right backs:

- Tyrone Mears
is Kieran Richardson sti free agent because I'd snap him up before this donkey Paul Stockport Williams all is forgiven you may not be the worst signing for the Albion

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »
Dear god...
The only positive I guess is it's only a 6 month deal...
Phillips can't play every game he will burn out and if he got injured then we would be in a spot of bother

That may be a good point, Phillips is prone to injuries / looking knackered, maybe this is a way of "resting" him, would have thought we have other options available for that though.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »
That may be a good point, Phillips is prone to injuries / looking knackered, maybe this is a way of "resting" him, would have thought we have other options available for that though.

This sadly I think all comes down to us being happy with right back options than nyom found a deal and we couldn't replace him. Yes the loan window open but we can't loan every man and his dog.

He may play tonight but I would rather Albion have given Edwards 90 mins playing rwb
O Albion we love you

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
This sadly I think all comes down to us being happy with right back options than nyom found a deal and we couldn't replace him. Yes the loan window open but we can't loan every man and his dog.

He may play tonight but I would rather Albion have given Edwards 90 mins playing rwb
says it all about this club under Jenkins tenure that we couldn't agree personal terms with Yeovil right back.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:09:34 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
says it all about this club under Jenkins tenure that we couldn't agree personal terms with Yeovil right back.

This article below would suggest something different and its strange no one else has been in for him, there must be a good reason why not, wages, fitness or not good enough

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfer-tom-james-14980857
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
This article below would suggest something different and its strange no one else has been in for him, there must be a good reason why not, wages, fitness or not good enough

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfer-tom-james-14980857
there are two opinions on why he didn't sign Albion's that he failed medical and Yeovils that he and club failed to agree terms. So it's down to who you  believe and I've been too long an Albion fan to have trust in our board.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
there are two opinions on why he didn't sign Albion's that he failed medical and Yeovils that he and club failed to agree terms. So it's down to who you  believe and I've been too long an Albion fan to have trust in our board.

Not as long as me I'd wager, but yes of course do please give everybody else the benefit of the doubt and deny it to your own
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »
Oh dear. 35 years old, hopefully signed just for cover. Good luck mate.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »
Not as long as me I'd wager, but yes of course do please give everybody else the benefit of the doubt and deny it to your own
my own are the fans who work hard to get to games when he or she can afford it not over paid board members who constantly lie from what I can see.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »
Initial reaction - pathetic.
Why not use Wilson?
So underwhelming it’s untrue
Hope I am wrong but Bolton fans can’t believe he is here

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
this is embarrasing

No it’s the Albion mate!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
Inexcusable Darren
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »
No it’s the Albion mate!
sums it all up really

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »
I'm not about to write him off. He deserves the chance to show how good, or indeed how bad he is. What baffles my mind is that we have given Mears a contract until January but couldn't do it for the supremely fit and ever capable McAuley?! Naturally finance no doubt played a part in both deals.

What I unquestionably do not like about this deal is Big Dave signing a mate. Which is what his comments pretty much sound like.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
I'm not about to write him off. He deserves the chance to show how good, or indeed how bad he is. What baffles my mind is that we have given Mears a contract until January but couldn't do it for the supremely fit and ever capable McAuley?! Naturally finance no doubt played a part in both deals.

What I unquestionably do not like about this deal is Big Dave signing a mate. Which is what his comments pretty much sound like.

That's the thing though mate. He doesn't deserve the chance. Not on this platform.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »

That's the thing though mate. He doesn't deserve the chance. Not on this platform.

We've signed players in the past who weren't given a cat's chance of performing well and they have proved us wrong. On the flip side we've signed players who we've been incredibly expectant of and  have failed to deliver.

I'm not expectant but I am willing to wait and see.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »
starting to get really worried what direction the club's heading in. doesn't matter if it's a short/long term signing there's no way we should be signing players of this calibre. what does it say to our younger players?God forbid we get promoted because it's always the same problem... REBUiLD after REBUILD but we not are we, just look at the amount of quality players we would have to play in the top league. surely this is the season to have got younger players in for the long term future of the club not adding 35 year olds just to fill in occasionally.
makes me wonder who's doing the hiring and firing its that pathetic.
is Mears any better than Nyom? I can only think that Mears has been bought in on lower money and if that's the case the club's phooked.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
Not sure why there is comparisons with Gmac, one is a right back, the other is a centre half, one is 35 and one is 38.

Personally i would have Gmac over Hegazi and Bartley any time but him and Mesrs are different. Interesting though some of the fanbase went into meltdown when we signed the 31 year old Gmac in a free from ipswich and it didnt turn out too bad did it!

Mears may be rubbish but hopefully he will be allowed a chance to prove it either way rather than being written off before he has kicked a ball! I would be shocked if he makes more than 6 appearances between now and xmas (unless he is a world beater)

If as it seems we wont be using right backs reguarly anyway i am not sure why there is so much panic, why waste big wages if they rarely play anyway? if we go 442 and Mears is shocking at right back, Dawson can play there, we have plenty of centre halves.

Maybe we have a right back who we want who isnt available right now and wont be til january (ie - graham jones when we wanted an assistant manager, people were panicking but was worth the wait - hopefully!) so Mears is a stop gap til then, i imagine he wont be outstanding if he ever plays but he will do a job.

Its not a exciting signing, it may be a disaster, but it also could be a sensible one.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »
Wow calm down he wont play, just cover for injuries at best. Cover until Jan and then he will go and a replacement will be signed if needed. If he does play and is useless then feel free to moan but at least wait to judge.
Gera, Gera, Gera

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
Wow calm down he wont play, just cover for injuries at best. Cover until Jan and then he will go and a replacement will be signed if needed. If he does play and is useless then feel free to moan but at least wait to judge.
He's playing today.

And if it's certain he won't play, why sign him?