Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269544 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #875 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:36 PM »
All the officials are American again. Fury really needs to win by knockout to be beyond doubt
O Albion we love you

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #876 on: February 23, 2020, 06:19:06 AM »
Fury battered him.

What an outstanding display of boxing that was!

Take a bow Fury son
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #877 on: February 23, 2020, 06:30:18 AM »
I must buy a lottery ticket later.
I said that Tyson would knock wilder spark out,OK it was a to,still won though,no he smashed Wilder in his own backyard.
Secondly,I said that WBA would beat Bristol.
Anyway, Tyson is the best heavyweight in the world,as previously said he will knick out AJ.
He's unbeatable and will remain unbeaten until he retires.
What a showman,he's a one off, so fast for a big man fantastic exhibition of how to break an opponent down a masterclass.
He only lives 30 miles away from me,incredible fight,wow.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #878 on: February 23, 2020, 08:10:33 AM »
Hopefully now he will get the respect he deserves for the great boxer he is

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #879 on: February 23, 2020, 08:39:30 AM »
Power , speed and brilliant game plan from Fury .
What a show he puts on.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #880 on: February 23, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
Brilliant from Fury. Best heavyweight by a street.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #881 on: February 23, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »
I wrote Fury of 2 years ago after he went off the rails. So pleased he is back.

That was an exceptional performance, what a great fight! Wilder did not know what day of the week it was. He was no fool so to totally bully him like that was unbelievable.

All the heavyweight belts are now on British soil I believe😁
MAGA!

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #882 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:23 AM »
I’m glad to have got my prediction wrong, Fury put on a great performance.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #883 on: February 23, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
Great performance by Fury. Exposed Wilder for what he is a one trick pony. Fury v Joshua will sell out inside half an hour.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #884 on: February 23, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »
Great performance by Fury. Exposed Wilder for what he is a one trick pony. Fury v Joshua will sell out inside half an hour.

Fury would mesmerise Joshua. Easy nights work.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #885 on: February 23, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
Anybody know if you can see the fight on TV for free?
I don't mean a stream,any news?

tennant1wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #886 on: February 23, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
its on youtube know
we all hate wolves scum 💩

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #887 on: February 23, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »
Anybody know if you can see the fight on TV for free?
I don't mean a stream,any news?

I know it’s probably not what you are asking, but It’s on YouTube for you and anyone else if you are quick enough.

In terms of the fight, masterclass from Fury. You’d think Wilder would always have a punchers chance but by the 5th or 6th round I don’t think he even had the energy for that.

Wilder and his head coach didn’t want the towel, and whoever threw it will probably be sacked but they did him a favour, he was done.

Looks like we will get a third fight but the dynamics will be the same as the first two, Tyson being technically better and Wilder needing one bomb. TF will be favourite but Wilder can’t be completely written off.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #888 on: February 23, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
Thank you Tennant,I've just watched it on the YouTube,great.
I must say I listened to talksport live last night and I thought their commentary was very poor.
Live boxing commentary on BBC radio 5 live is exceptional listening.
They must up their bids for his next fight.
Wilder was a brave man but Tyson destroyed him,both in his mind and body.
I know that they are contracted for a third fight but the only reason that Wilder would take it on is for one last big payout,because he knows he cannot beat Fury.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #889 on: February 23, 2020, 04:44:59 PM »

Fury would mesmerise Joshua. Easy nights work.

If Joshua was in the ring with wilder last night, wilder would have been put to sleep within the first two rounds... Joshua has the knockout power that fury lacks.

Also, Joshua would fight back.... last night fury fought a punch bag, wilder is a pathetic excuse for a boxer with zero boxing ability.

Me personally, I think fury vs Aj might well be too soon for AJ, fury had bags more experience for a start due to how fast and successful AJs career has been.... he hasn’t been in all these scrappy dog fights and faced the problems that the likes of fury has so that could be his downfall alone.... But saying that, people are writing AJ off like they have done his whole career and each fight he proves people wrong.

Anyone with any knowledge in boxing will know that Joshua won’t be an easy nights work for fury.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #890 on: February 23, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »
Hey Adam, AJ is a Frank Bruno plus plus .
I think Wilder would knock him out,unless Tyson's demolition of him has put paid to his top top career.
There us no way AJ & Tyson will get it on during the next 12-18 months.
Fury will knock AJ spark out he's not in Tyson's class.
I do know a bit about boxing by the way.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #891 on: February 23, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
Hey Adam, AJ is a Frank Bruno plus plus .
I think Wilder would knock him out,unless Tyson's demolition of him has put paid to his top top career.
There us no way AJ & Tyson will get it on during the next 12-18 months.
Fury will knock AJ spark out he's not in Tyson's class.
I do know a bit about boxing by the way.

Your comment states otherwise.

Wilder last night looked shocking from the very first bell, was scared to even throw punches.... I would have looked world class punching **** out of wilder just standing there too.

I rate fury a lot he’s my favourite boxer of this generation, but to suggest he would wipe the floor with Joshua is ridiculous and shows you don’t know as much as you think you know about boxing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:27:33 PM by OldburyWBA »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #892 on: February 23, 2020, 07:29:27 PM »
Fury and Wilder vs Joshua are still fascinating match ups, as is any of them vs Usyk.

Fury Wilder 3 seems likely and if Fury wins again I think both Fury and wilder will want Joshua. For Fury it will be proving domination, for Wilder it’s potentially a big final pay day.

I wouldn’t rule out Wilder completely against Fury though, he will still have a chance although he will need to be much better and you never know what psychological damage has been done. Hopefully Fury wins the rematch as expected though. I don’t think anyone will want a Fury / Wilder 4!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #893 on: February 23, 2020, 07:31:51 PM »
That's my opinion mate,I think you might be in the minority.
Would you have still been standing if Wilder had hit you with his first punch to Tyson head?
The answer is no.
I have boxed and trained when I was younger ,I know what it takes to get to that level and understand it.
I was only amateur and was in the same gym as Pat Cowdell ,you ever heard of him?
One of our greatest and local boxers, so I think I know more than you do about it,with respect mate.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #894 on: February 23, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
Would you have still been standing if Wilder had hit you with his first punch to Tyson head?
The answer is no.
I have boxed and trained when I was younger ,I know what it takes to get to that level and understand it.
I was only amateur and was in the same gym as Pat Cowdell ,you ever heard of him?
One of our greatest and local boxers, so I think I know more than you do about it,with respect mate.
A decent exponent of the pugilist he was too.
I had the pleasure of sparring with Howard Clark many moons ago at the pheasant boxing club warley.....this also explains the angles at which my nose sits 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #895 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
Fury would have to start favorite against Joshua based on their last couple of big fights, but you can't write AJ off.

Joshua is a naturally bigger build than Wilder. He may not have the one punch power of Wilder but is heavy handed and unlike Wilder, can throw just about every shot in the book. He can keep it at range if he decides to, he can also throw short hooks and uppercuts in close.

Fury's previous trainer Davison said before the fight that Wilder was too heavy at 16st 7 and would lose his speed - he also seemed to lose any semblance of stamina. In the two Fury fights Wilder has come in too light at 15st 2, then too heavy. Fury will clearly have his number now and whether Wilder can recover his fear factor is doubtful.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #896 on: February 23, 2020, 09:55:00 PM »
The answer is no.

So being an amateur boxer you will appreciate how AJ has done more in his career than fury and wilder did at the same stage of their careers? So to write him off your either on the wind up or fail to understand the sport.

Doesn’t matter what you’ve done, I’ve trained with Ricky hatton when he used to be the trainer of a local lad called Sam Evans, doesn’t mean I know more about boxing than the next man that’s just a ridiculous comment to make.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #897 on: February 23, 2020, 10:27:49 PM »
Hey Adam, I only mentioned what I knew about boxing because of your sort of iinsinuation about  about my boxing knowledge..heads up to z & p brudda

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #898 on: February 24, 2020, 06:48:14 AM »
So being an amateur boxer you will appreciate how AJ has done more in his career than fury and wilder did at the same stage of their careers? So to write him off your either on the wind up or fail to understand the sport.

Doesn’t matter what you’ve done, I’ve trained with Ricky hatton when he used to be the trainer of a local lad called Sam Evans, doesn’t mean I know more about boxing than the next man that’s just a ridiculous comment to make.
I've been drunk with Ricky on more than one occasion when his mate and former corner man , Bobby rimmer had the prince of Wales,  near me , so that makes me pretty clued up! And I reckon if fury fights anyone like he fought on Saturday night , he will win . Does anyone remember the fella from Manchester that beat Cowdel towards the end of his career naz someone  not long after he died in a car crash .
Just let me know if anymore name dropping threads come up .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:51:36 AM by mank baggie »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #899 on: February 24, 2020, 07:10:52 AM »
Blimey, this thread is turning into a my dad's bigger than your dad thread!
Impossible to call who would win out of Joshua and Fury and may not even happen, if it does, the odds will be very close, unless Fury goes back on the booze of course.
Baggie in Southampton