Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 724856 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #700 on: March 20, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »
Not for the first time in recent history, I find myself stunned by our lack of planning.  When we sacked DM, I had though it was with a really clear plan of what we would do next, i.e. a clear candidate lined up and ready to go.  That would have been somewhat harsh but understandable given recent performances.  It is now clear we had no such clear plan.  So we have sacked our manager to effectively default to a first team coach when we are virtually certain of a place in the playoffs.  This is madness, and cannot be the outcome the owner intended surely? 

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #701 on: March 20, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
For me, that's made up my mind that I don't want Jokanovic as our manager.

I want someone who wants to be our manager, who wants to manage the club, not someone who's probably outpriced himself and only interested/affordable if we get promoted.

No thanks, Next.

I wouldn't imagine all the blame is with Jokanovic, the way we perform over negotiations I wonder anyone is interested.
If he can't get £30k a week here then perhaps he's waiting for a job to come along that will pay him that much.
You can't blame the bloke.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #702 on: March 20, 2019, 12:20:52 PM »
There is a whole level of incompetence at this club. They literally dont know what they are doing.

JS has done well, but we need an experienced guy in to steer us through what could be a pivotal time for the club.

Id also like to see JS continue with our youth team.

Ill be shocked but not surprised if we dont appoint someone soon permanently or experienced enough to see us through till summer

Shocking management of our club
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #703 on: March 20, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
can't fault JS for his 100% start and I think we will now make the play offs, but worried the board will then think that JS deserved a shot at the management , irrespective whether we get promotion or not .whatever happens an experienced manager is a must and in reality if the candidates they have in mind are not already working they need to get the appointment sorted before the end of the season.
also another potential event may happen to fall in our favour if Bolton go into liquidation and are not allowed to complete their fixtures it means their results are likely get expunged which then puts us only 4 points behind second automatic promotion spot, even more important to get experienced manager in

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #704 on: March 20, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
Easy option as usual from our clowns, it was so predictable and lazy you almost hope it backfires. No chance of promotion now and the new manager has lost out on the chance to get a head start on next season. Every time I think this club has a chance of moving forward they do the exact opposite of what is needed. Jokanovic should have been in place this week.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #705 on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »
To sack Darren Moore, a relative managerial novice and replace him with someone who has two games under his managerial belt is one of the biggest pieces of incompetence I've seen - and god knows we've pushed it close.

It is a laughable decision to sack Darren Moore and not be able to have any plan as to what happens going forwards.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #706 on: March 20, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »
What an absolute shambles. This lot couldn't run a car boot sale.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #707 on: March 20, 2019, 12:49:11 PM »
What an absolute shambles. This lot couldn't run a car boot sale.

True, probably run out of petrol before they got there.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #708 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »
Absolute disaster if Shan gets it in my humble.

Yes the results have been good but the football has just been back to basics and 3-0 flattered us v Swansea and Brentford missed some good chances v us.

I'm not convinced in the slightest by him.

If promotion was so crucial to sack Moore within an hour of the Ipswich game to give it to one of his backroom staff is just shambolic. Shanbolic.

I'm astounded really.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #709 on: March 20, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »
Jimmy Shan 1/2 to become the next PERMANENT manager with BETFRED  ???
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #710 on: March 20, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »
I sense a hidden agenda here. The club is saving wages by sacking three senior coaching staff (probably even after paying compensation) and the disinterested owners will probably sell at the end of the season with the new owners able to put their own men in place.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #711 on: March 20, 2019, 01:10:04 PM »
I really don't know what people are getting their knickers in a knot about. Baring an absolute disaster we're in the play offs which is the best we're realistically going to get now. We've won six points from a possible six under Shan.
We're in no rush. It's almost as if we're desperate to get a head coach in because everyone has one and everyone "should have one", because that's the "norm". Why? Things are OK.

It makes perfect sense to re-evaluate in the summer when we know what league we are in surely?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #712 on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »
I sense a hidden agenda here. The club is saving wages by sacking three senior coaching staff (probably even after paying compensation) and the disinterested owners will probably sell at the end of the season with the new owners able to put their own men in place.

The club will have to appoint an assistance in any event so not much of a saving cost here.

I cannot believe they will allow James Shan to go the remainder of the season without a right hand man.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #713 on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »
Pathetic from the club.  I used to tire of JPs penny pinching and lack of forward thinking but the people running the club now are on another level of incompetence.

The sooner Lai sells up and takes Jenkins with him the better.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #714 on: March 20, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »
To be honest I should of been upset when reading this like I was when Alan Irvine was brought in. However nothing surprises me anymore with things like this and wba. I’m actually laughing about how small time we are. I may considered whether I want to renew if it means this board and owners go

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: March 20, 2019, 01:17:29 PM »
What's the matter with you lot? Seriously what's the problem and what's the hurry?

IF Shan gets us promoted you'll all do an about turn.

Someone said earlier words to the effect of that's our promotion chances gone. Utter nonsense, complete and utter nonsense. We have as good a chance as any of the other three that will end up in the play offs.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #716 on: March 20, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
I'm sure that James Shan is a fantastic chap, but this is the CV (from wiki admittedly) our owners are basing risking the future of the club on

James Shan
Personal information
Date of birth   28 October 1978 (age 40)
Place of birth   Bordesley Green, England

Club information
Current team      West Bromwich Albion (caretaker)

Youth career       Walsall

Senior career*
Years                     Team   Apps   (Gls)
Paget Rangers   

Teams managed
2014–2018   West Bromwich Albion (U23's)
2018–           West Bromwich Albion (First Team Coach)
2019–           West Bromwich Albion (caretaker)

I (as we all do) hope this is an inspired decision, but it really does make me wonder what its based upon.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #717 on: March 20, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »
I really don't know what people are getting their knickers in a knot about. Baring an absolute disaster we're in the play offs which is the best we're realistically going to get now. We've won six points from a possible six under Shan.
We're in no rush. It's almost as if we're desperate to get a head coach in because everyone has one and everyone "should have one", because that's the "norm". Why? Things are OK.

It makes perfect sense to re-evaluate in the summer when we know what league we are in surely?

I think sacking a head coach who has less than 50 games as a manager under his belt and replacing him with someone who has two games under his belt is a reason to get your knickers in a knot.

In sacking Moore the club admitted they got the appointment of a relative novice wrong - rather than learn the lessons they are going to do the same again - especially with so much at stake.

They wanted a quick appointment in readiness for the Swansea game and they ballsed it up.

They obviously want Jokanovic but it seems they do not want to pay the money to appoint him. This notion about him struggling to bed in, despite having two promotions on his CV is short-sighted in my view.

There are enough problems in the summer as it is without being required to appoint a head coach first.

The new man should be in now, taking a good look at the players in readiness for next season - regardless of the division

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #718 on: March 20, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »

We have a big turnover of players due in the summer so it would have been ideal for the new man to assess what will be here and plan for what won’t . Given the apparent indecision over this choice there has to be little confidence in the board to get someone in quickly in the summer and even less confidence he will be provided with the necessary means to do his job .

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:10 PM »
I think sacking a head coach who has less than 50 games as a manager under his belt and replacing him with someone who has two games under his belt is a reason to get your knickers in a knot.

Why when Shan has a 100% record?

The stuff about Jokanavic is sheer conjecture based on press / media reports most of which have no substance at all and certainly not backed up with any form of evidence and / or direct quotes from anyone inside the club.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #720 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
What's the matter with you lot? Seriously what's the problem and what's the hurry?

IF Shan gets us promoted you'll all do an about turn.

Someone said earlier words to the effect of that's our promotion chances gone. Utter nonsense, complete and utter nonsense. We have as good a chance as any of the other three that will end up in the play offs.

You talk about the play-offs like they are a lottery - that's the same reason England kept losing on penalties. It's not a lottery, it's a test of ability, bottle, and managerial nous - and if we go into the play-offs without a proper manager, it's like entering a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back.

We need a proper manager who understands tactics, and knows how to put them into place - not just a guy who seems to be letting the players do what they want.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
You talk about the play-offs like they are a lottery - that's the same reason England kept losing on penalties. It's not a lottery, it's a test of ability, bottle, and managerial nous - and if we go into the play-offs without a proper manager, it's like entering a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back.

You're trying to tell me that Jimmy Shan could win every game from now till the end of the season then one defeat in the play off final is because we don't have a "proper" manager in place. No, doesn't make any sense at all.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:30:16 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »
I've been a baggies fan since the 70's and have seen some poor managers come and go, but I always felt the club had a plan going forward. We've had two dinosaur managers and a rookie manager and now we are continuing our management downward spiral with another rookie manager albeit "on a temporary basis".
What happens if he takes us up?
You know the owners will look at the cheap option again.
All credit to JS and I will hope he is successful with the team, but this club is now a shadow of what it used to be.
A complete team rebuild is facing us at the end of the season and  I don't imagine many potential managers will want to deal with that prospect either.
Makes me sad to thinking about the club I love.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #723 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:50 PM »

Why when Shan has a 100% record?

The stuff about Jokanavic is sheer conjecture based on press / media reports most of which have no substance at all and certainly not backed up with any form of evidence and / or direct quotes from anyone inside the club.

100% record??

He's managed two professional games !!

If Shan is appointed then it is cheap & lazy.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #724 on: March 20, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
Absolute joke! Jenkins fiddled whilst the club burnt. !! There was a certain justification in sacking DM but there is NO justification for the ostrich like proceedings since
By delaying they surely run the risk of their first choice being snapped by a higher bidder? I want and expect a decision within 48 hours of the end of our last game of the season whenever that is and whatever division we will be playing in next season. Not to do this would be a gross mid management of the club at one of the most important times in the modern history of our club!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas