Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718302 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2019, 07:06:09 AM »
shocking mangement by the powers. needs to be sorted now not the end of the season, not Shan either
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2019, 08:31:59 AM »
Could it be possible that no one, of any merit or worth, actually wants the job?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »
Could it be possible that no one, of any merit or worth, actually wants the job?

I still harbour hopes for Jokanovic, but you could well be right, knowing how our lot go about things
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »
I suppose if we waited until the end of the season there's be a chance of getting a manager that wasn't willing to rat on his current club mid-season?

Jimmy Shan might not be able to get us promoted but I don't think the club is currently in the state to stay in PL - that's from Board Management down to the First team players.  Honorable exceptions to the youth set up, ground staff etc.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2019, 11:14:31 AM »
I still harbour hopes for Jokanovic, but you could well be right, knowing how our lot go about things
Unless its Jokanovic I'd sooner stick with Shan until the end of the season especially if they got him an older head on board .
None of the other names like Moyes attract me at all .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: March 18, 2019, 11:27:25 AM »
Unless its Jokanovic I'd sooner stick with Shan until the end of the season especially if they got him an older head on board .
None of the other names like Moyes attract me at all .

tend to agree with this, if it is a choice between Shan or one of the dinosaurs (Moyes / Allardyce) or a romantic ex-player option (Appleton / McInnes) I would rather stick with Shan.

I'm still in the Monk or Bilic camp though.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: March 18, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Account

“Albion's board set to finalise decision over new head coach early this week. Jokanovic and Neil the main contenders. Shan says it's an appealing job for anybody #wba”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: March 18, 2019, 12:24:52 PM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Account

“Unlike Moore, Shan is not in the running for the (permanent) job but last week suggests he deserves a place working with the first team long-term. May be difficult depending on who new boss is of course”

I would support Shans assertion, as he is an immediate connect between our current players and whoever the new manager is, hopefully Jokanovic
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #608 on: March 18, 2019, 12:27:22 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #609 on: March 18, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
West Brom board finalising decision over new head coach

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/18/west-brom-board-finalising-decision-over-new-head-coach/

Expect a decision anytime in the next eight or nine weeks then  :(
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: March 18, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
;D Think we have no choice just let Shan run the team 9 games to go?? Too late to put a new man in would take him 3 or 4 games to stamp his influence on the squad he would get. Shan  knows the players and has a good idea on formations and tactics. Why change if he can run things temporarily.

We don't know what division we will be in so that would be a big impact on what manager we bring in.

This is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Never employ the temporary bloke, it doesn't work long term.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #611 on: March 18, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »
So Matt Wilson says we hope to have someone in place by Wednesday and Rob Dorsett of Sky Sports Tweets...

#wbafc no closer to appointing new manager, I understand. Considering option of interim boss, or an experienced coach to work with Shan til end of season. Board want right long-term appointment, but v different demands in Champs or Prem. Jokanovic and Neil still being considered.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #612 on: March 18, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »
So Matt Wilson says we hope to have someone in place by Wednesday and Rob Dorsett of Sky Sports Tweets...

#wbafc no closer to appointing new manager, I understand. Considering option of interim boss, or an experienced coach to work with Shan til end of season. Board want right long-term appointment, but v different demands in Champs or Prem. Jokanovic and Neil still being considered.

Sounds like he's just re-worded Matt Wilson's tweet. We aren't closer because we always expected it done this week.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #613 on: March 18, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »
Jimmy has done a great job in his short time in charge results wise by going back to playing a Pulis style of football. Lots of folk on here bemoaned his style of play me included so I'd be against giving him job on temporary basis. If we are going down temporary route i wouldn't be averse to Appleton or Shakespeare taking reins.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #614 on: March 18, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »
Jimmy has done a great job in his short time in charge results wise by going back to playing a Pulis style of football. Lots of folk on here bemoaned his style of play me included so I'd be against giving him job on temporary basis. If we are going down temporary route i wouldn't be averse to Appleton or Shakespeare taking reins.

The problem is you get into the same kind of situation as last year. If Shan won every game and we went up then we would have no choice but to give him the job permanently

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #615 on: March 18, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »

There will always be someone who wants the job because they know and we know should they fail their contract will be paid up in full.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #616 on: March 18, 2019, 03:17:53 PM »
There will always be someone who wants the job because they know and we know should they fail their contract will be paid up in full.
Which speaks to my reference to anyone with any merit or worthy of the job, what you describe fit into my current 'mercenary' catagory
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: March 18, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Which speaks to my reference to anyone with any merit or worthy of the job, what you describe fit into my current 'mercenary' catagory

Correct, i misread your post.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: March 18, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »

Because Darren was the main man he carries the can. If you're a manager and you let your number two dictate to you you're pretty stupid to do so really, no offence to Darren. If you're going to do something you do it your way and you succeed or fail knowing at least you gave it your best shot.

But Cloughie did that all the time.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #619 on: March 18, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
The problem is you get into the same kind of situation as last year. If Shan won every game and we went up then we would have no choice but to give him the job permanently

You'd think our board would learn from the old adage "once bitten, twice shy" but then again they've been pretty inept under Lai so it wouldn't surprise me!  ;D
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: March 18, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »

If he wins every game to get us promoted he would rightfully get the job!

It's not like Moore was a disaster. Had we gone for the tried and tested option of a rowett things could be much worse. Likewise the up and coming coach potter hasn't done anything.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #621 on: March 18, 2019, 11:05:06 PM »
If he wins every game to get us promoted he would rightfully get the job!

It's not like Moore was a disaster. Had we gone for the tried and tested option of a rowett things could be much worse. Likewise the up and coming coach potter hasn't done anything.

If you can't see what Potter has done for Swansea I despair... They will be top 2 next season with no investment.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2019, 12:21:31 AM »

If you can't see what Potter has done for Swansea I despair... They will be top 2 next season with no investment.

Complete powderpuff football, far too easy to beat - you say no investment, they've still spent more and have a far better squad than a bunch of teams above them.

Potter benefits from being fashionable from his time in Sweden. There's a bunch of managers who've done jobs with worse quality ,worse budgets in the league. How you can slag off Monk who's had it far more difficult then claim Potter will have them top 2 next season is beyond me.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:23:37 AM by Dan »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2019, 12:26:50 AM »
Complete powderpuff football, far too easy to beat - you say no investment, they've still spent more and have a far better squad than a bunch of teams above them.

Potter benefits from being fashionable from his time in Sweden. There's a bunch of managers who've done jobs with worse quality ,worse budgets in the league. How you can slag off Monk who's had it far more difficult then claim Potter will have them top 2 next season is beyond me.

Mind boggles if you think Monk has had it worse than Potter. Have a read about swansea this year.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2019, 12:31:54 AM »

Mind boggles if you think Monk has had it worse than Potter. Have a read about swansea this year.

Blues had literally no money to spend. Swansea had some money to spend and a better team to begin with.

It got somewhat worse for them in January but by then it was clear they weren't going up anyway.

Bristol City had their star striker, centre back, and left back all sold off. Spent 2.5m in the summer. Swansea losing players and not getting huge funds to replace them isn't unique by championship standards. Potter is doing nothing that the likes of Johnson, Monk, Neil and Adkins aren't doing elsewhere. And Wilder is doing better than them all.