West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 21 Apr 2018 Albion 2 Liverpool 2  (Read 10625 times)

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:04 AM »
Lets hope Roma dont water their pitch and lots of other teams they play now dont either, and its not just because of what Cliparty said saturday in general most football fans would welcome a Roma win anyway
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »
As far as their games against Roma are concerned, I would like to think, on the whole, our fans have enough class to wish them all the best.

sorry... I hope they lose to an own goal in the 12th minute of injury time
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Offline ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »
Klopp putting on the happy smiley face seems to make a lot of people like him. At least if Mourinho disses us, he does so in a sulky grouchy manner. Probably since the other famous 2-2 game I just couldn't Stand Klopp at all.

And I like Rome, the people, the city, the culture so am very happy to support Roma.

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
If Burke had connected with his airshot, and it had flew into the top corner, in the dying seconds, Klopp would have been suicidal.
As has been said, Klopp is all smiles and soundbites when things going his way but has no class in defeat, yet another example of the lack of humility in modern football.
Not fit to lace Big Dave's boots.
Come on Roma!!

Offline The Stroller

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »
Seems to me that Klopp's comments about the pitch, useless points etc demonstrated a clear understanding of how to direct the story. In the age of clickbait if you create a story that will generate interest (ie clicks) then the press will happily go with it.

Why would he do this? To take interest away from the obvious questions journalists would otherwise have asked, which would pile pressure on his team prior to their most important match for several seasons. Questions on the lines of: "Ahead of the Roma match, aren't you worried that your defence caved in to a bit of pressure from one of the poorest attacks in the Premier League?" and "For large parts of this match your team were outplayed by the bottom club. How do you think Roma will see this?"

Klopp is a canny and well-drilled PR man!

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
Seems to me that Klopp's comments about the pitch, useless points etc demonstrated a clear understanding of how to direct the story. In the age of clickbait if you create a story that will generate interest (ie clicks) then the press will happily go with it.

Why would he do this? To take interest away from the obvious questions journalists would otherwise have asked, which would pile pressure on his team prior to their most important match for several seasons. Questions on the lines of: "Ahead of the Roma match, aren't you worried that your defence caved in to a bit of pressure from one of the poorest attacks in the Premier League?" and "For large parts of this match your team were outplayed by the bottom club. How do you think Roma will see this?"

I can see what you are saying but I don't think he is that bright to be honest......
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »

I'd go further and suggest he's actually a cunning, underhand, nasty twohat  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
Re: Match Officials
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »
He's the new Phil Dowd

I didn't think he was the new anything, more like the same old same old.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »
How would wishing to penalise thousands of decent and honest fans, who are of the same ilk as our own fans, be justifiable because of one mans disrespect? 
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »
How would wishing to penalise thousands of decent and honest fans, who are of the same ilk as our own fans, be justifiable because of one mans disrespect?

Go onto the Liverpool chat sites Albion, and see if you have the same view then.

Here is one quote for you;

Thank f**k West Brom are going down. A bit of a joke of a club who have contributed sweet f**k all to the Premier League with only god awful, reactionary football to show for it so in that sense I'm glad we didn't give them that winner that they thought they could get with 5 minutes left. But with their squad full of ageing soon to be has beens, don't be surprised if they find themselves where Sunderland are this time next year. I can feel sorry for them but no, they've been asking for it. Horrific football that is getting it's just desserts.

Here is one thread

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,50258.300.html

Amazing how it all starts off as 'Yep, 3 points here' and the joy of scoring, and then the horror that we were actually coming back at them

A lot of arrogance here Albion, not just from Klopp.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:30:47 PM by skyclad99 »
What have we done?
And what have we become

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
I would suggest that no Fans Forum is a true representation of a clubs overall fanbase, its a small sample.

I'm sure some colourful comments have also been made on this forum about opposing clubs and their fans, but that doesn't mean we should all be tarred with the same brush and that would be applicable to fans of all clubs.
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Offline The Stroller

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »
I'd go further and suggest he's actually a cunning, underhand, nasty twohat  ;) .

That he is!!

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »
Go onto the Liverpool chat sites Albion, and see if you have the same view then.

Thank f**k West Brom are going down. A bit of a joke of a club who have contributed sweet f**k all to the Premier League with only god awful, reactionary football to show for it so in that sense I'm glad we didn't give them that winner that they thought they could get with 5 minutes left. But with their squad full of ageing soon to be has beens, don't be surprised if they find themselves where Sunderland are this time next year. I can feel sorry for them but no, they've been asking for it. Horrific football that is getting it's just desserts. [/i]

Here is one thread

Amazing how it all starts off as 'Yep, 3 points here' and the joy of scoring, and then the horror that we were actually coming back at them

i couldnt agree more, no more biased corruption. they have the divine right to turn over little clubs
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 04:12:00 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »
The Liverpool fans are no doubt peed off that they’ve only picked up two points against us and we knocked them out of the FA Cup. The time for them to start crowing is when they are as good as Man City

Offline BRIAN

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2018, 04:47:40 PM »
I heard a reporter on TALKTALK say that the pitch was watered before the match and Klopp didn't moan then. Plus it rained during the second half. I have never liked the man.He is all smiles when all is going his way but his behaviour on the touchline is sometimes quite childish.

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
I've supported Klopp in the past, but after his frankly pathetic and arrogant comments Saturday, he can do one.

I've long held a dislike for Liverpool, this just tops it off.

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:12 PM »
Its all a load of Klopptrap  8)
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »
A pity he didn’t follow his own advice

“Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp asks fans to 'show respect' to Roma”

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »

Thank f**k West Brom are going down. A bit of a joke of a club who have contributed sweet f**k all to the Premier League with only god awful, reactionary football to show for it so in that sense I'm glad we didn't give them that winner that they thought they could get with 5 minutes left. But with their squad full of ageing soon to be has beens, don't be surprised if they find themselves where Sunderland are this time next year. I can feel sorry for them but no, they've been asking for it. Horrific football that is getting it's just desserts.

Here is one thread

I've read through some of the Liverpool forum and (probably the same if they read our forum) the comments range from the really quite fair to the plainly ridiculous. Just for balance, here is one of the fairer ones

" One thing Klopp can't argue about is the pitch. West Brom are fully entitled to do whatever they like with their own pitch, as are any other home team. That's what home advantage is about. I didn't notice it  during the game, but I remember the times when we had to play in unplayable ploughfields, waterlogged pitches and icerinks, really dangerous pitches to play in and we coped. So a dry pitch on a nice weather day should not be that big an issue."

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2018, 06:46:21 PM »
....and this was quite nice too I thought.

Fair play to West Brom they kept at it if they’d had that approach all season they’d be nowhere near relegation
Side note but how refreshing watching the game was it to see loads of families in the home support?

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »

Here is one thread

Sky, Firstly, you couldn't have chosen a more inappropriate example when attempting to make your point than the one you provided, as I consider the essence, sentiments and views, to a greater or lesser extent,  to those in your example of a Liverpool fan have been expressed on this forum by our fans over the last couple of years.

Secondly, I do not consider that my views are arrogant, as you suggest in your final paragraph of your post, quite the reverse.  I have attempted to demonstrate that we are all different and have views that span the continuum of fans attitude.

I have no desire to read other fans forums; I’m only interested in what West Bromwich Albion does on and off the field of play and care little of what others think of us as long as we are doing the right things.

Additional, I prefer to depend on opinions of fans from other clubs that I know and trust and whose values are a realistic barometer of their club and not blindly rely on some unknown quantities skewed opinion.

A couple of  Liverpool fans I know and speak with frequently, say they felt embarrassed by Klopp’s comments. So, to them and Liverpool fans of a similar mindset to them, I wish them well against Roma, they are after all a part of the same footballing family that we are.

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
Sky, Firstly, you couldn't have chosen a more inappropriate example when attempting to make your point than the one you provided, as I consider the essence, sentiments and views, to a greater or lesser extent,  to those in your example of a Liverpool fan have been expressed on this forum by our fans over the last couple of years.

Secondly, I do not consider that my views are arrogant, as you suggest in your final paragraph of your post, quite the reverse.  I have attempted to demonstrate that we are all different and have views that span the continuum of fans attitude.

I have no desire to read other fans forums; I’m only interested in what West Bromwich Albion does on and off the field of play and care little of what others think of us as long as we are doing the right things.

Additional, I prefer to depend on opinions of fans from other clubs that I know and trust and whose values are a realistic barometer of their club and not blindly rely on some unknown quantities skewed opinion.

A couple of  Liverpool fans I know and speak with frequently, say they felt embarrassed by Klopp’s comments. So, to them and Liverpool fans of a similar mindset to them, I wish them well against Roma, they are after all a part of the same footballing family that we are.

A lot of arrogance on the Liverpool site Albion, not from you.......
What have we done?
And what have we become

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
I've read through some of the Liverpool forum and (probably the same if they read our forum) the comments range from the really quite fair to the plainly ridiculous. Just for balance, here is one of the fairer ones

" One thing Klopp can't argue about is the pitch. West Brom are fully entitled to do whatever they like with their own pitch, as are any other home team. That's what home advantage is about. I didn't notice it  during the game, but I remember the times when we had to play in unplayable ploughfields, waterlogged pitches and icerinks, really dangerous pitches to play in and we coped. So a dry pitch on a nice weather day should not be that big an issue."

Actually to give the thread complete balance, most of the comments are aimed at themselves and the team sent out by Klopp. I always read the opposition threads after a game to see how we are viewed. Some are complementary, but others are like the one I highlighted earlier. To show you what I know of the game, I thought Gomez was pretty dangerous on the right, [but we did leave him in loads of space]. However, their fans have clearly identified him and Moreno as the real problem. Sometimes you learn a lot about the opposition by reading these sites.

Quite simply, they turned up and thought that 3 points was their god given right. Klopp thought he was being smart by resting a few players and everything was fine and dandy when they were 2-0 up on that dreaded dry pitch. Then we got it back and spoilt his day, and he showed his true colours with the arrogant comments he came out with.

So I will be rooting for Roma tomorrow, and I make no apologies for that.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:09:51 PM by skyclad99 »
What have we done?
And what have we become

Offline sparky123

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »
I see klopp can still not get it right trying to apologise by saying greetings to bham did he not hear us singing were we are from its not bham

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »
"I talked rubbish" - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp's startling West Brom admission

How many weeks has it taken him to arrive at this conclusion, I think he might be a bit slow on the uptake, we knew it straight away

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-talked-rubbish-liverpool-boss-14694346