Author Topic: 21 Apr 2018 Albion 2 Liverpool 2  (Read 32314 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2018, 11:43:16 PM »
Fair play Jacko , did think to myself you would defend him.
Don't know how they do things in Germany , thats not how we do things here.
Got a lot of LFC mates , even been to the odd non Albion game with them . Don't mind them but for Klopps reaction Today I hope they get done by Roma.

No danger, they were 2 nil up on said dry pitch. No idea how it prevented them defending 2 set pieces... He thinks he's deflecting criticism off his players but in England just comes across as an absolute tw*t... waste of points? Maybe we should just blow up for full time when a top 4 club goes 2 nil up?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM »
Classless excuses by Klopp; dry pitch, high ball, Heghazi, Referees.   Why stop there? Why not blame Brexit, Trump or Global Warming.  No mention of any weaknesses in his management or team selection.  All someone else's fault...

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2018, 01:21:53 AM »
It’ll be interesting to see how the media react to his pathetic outburst. I know he’s a bit of a media darling, but surely someone must react to his post match reaction. Also, does he deliberately make an effort to look like a tramp?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2018, 01:31:48 AM »
It’ll be interesting to see how the media react to his pathetic outburst. I know he’s a bit of a media darling, but surely someone must react to his post match reaction. Also, does he deliberately make an effort to look like a tramp?

Match of the Day cut it almost completely. Dry pitch only thing left in.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2018, 02:00:30 AM »

Match of the Day cut it almost completely. Dry pitch only thing left in.
Hardly surprising. Let’s wait and see which of the printed press decide to criticise him. I won’t be holding my breath.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2018, 02:51:00 AM »
Liverpool are always the victims. This is why everyone hates them. Klopp is just a clown who thinks they have a god given right to the points. He fits in very well at Anfield, they're all deluded. "They don't need the points" the man is a class A imbecile.

I replied to one comment on social media that said we're still going down by stating that we've over achieved for years but they've under achieved for decades. And then all the excuses poured forth lol.

Obviously I want us to stay up, but even if we go down, we can still take pride in how the season ended, by taking 4 points off 2 of the big teams and giving them a good run for their money.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2018, 09:07:29 AM »
Press this morning think Klopp is a bit of an idiot blaming the pitch. Darren Moore is really quite good at press conferences and when asked if the pitch played a part simply said "it was a warm day....." beautifully understated and makes Klopp look even more silly.  Gutted that we have only started to play with passion when its too late.  My reflection here is that the prime reason we are in this state is a failure with the Manager and Board which demotivated and poorly organised probably our best team on paper in the premiership.  We need to sort the Board and the Manager role before anything else.  I would make sure that this sees Darren Moore as first team coach.  He has been great for this squad of players.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »
Press this morning think Klopp is a bit of an idiot blaming the pitch.

I'm not surprised it's one of the most stupid and ridiculous comments I've ever heard.

Home team can water the pitch as much or as little as they like they don't have to prepare the pitch perfectly to Klopp's satisfaction.

I like Klopp generally but he's been made to look like a right tit with that comment.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2018, 09:32:52 AM »
Do you know what? I had a lot of time for Klopp and his side in the Champions League, genuinely wishing them well and hoping that they can win it. Now I really hope that Roma spank them, just to see the look on his face and the reasons as to why they didn't get through...

Arrogant twonk......
MAGA!

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2018, 10:02:42 AM »
What really upset me was his totally disrespectful comments about our relegation - they can play long balls in the championship,  they can have a dry pitch in the championship. Way out of order to mock a team like that.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
I went right off Klopp when he celebrated beating us 2-2 in the West Brom cup at Anfield a couple of years ago.

The man is a fraud who is always very smiley smiley when they win but shows his real character when they don't, his rant yesterday was disingenuous, classless & utterly disrespectful to everyone connected to our great club, especially Darren Moore, who in many respects out foxed the mighty klipperty with some of his tactics.

2 things Herr Klopp
1) WBA or any other club for that matter have no obligation to water the pitch before or during the game, seems strange how for 79 minutes the pitch suited you but it must have dried out dramatically in the last 11 minutes to have upset you so much.
2) If you require a lesson in humility, you need look no further then the man who you stood next to on the touchline yesterday, Darren Moore is a class human being, you my friend are not.

Forza Roma
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:23:38 AM by dont ask me to choose luv »
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »
What really upset me was his totally disrespectful comments about our relegation - they can play long balls in the championship,  they can have a dry pitch in the championship. Way out of order to mock a team like that.

Agree. It struck me how unprofessional that statement was. Saying that we're already relegated and getting in a few sly remarks is just uncalled for. I hope Roma hammer them.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2018, 10:33:27 AM »
You do have to wonder what was wrong with the Anfield pitch on the two occasions we have played there this season ! Bloke is a total fraud
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2018, 11:55:22 AM »

No danger, they were 2 nil up on said dry pitch. No idea how it prevented them defending 2 set pieces... He thinks he's deflecting criticism off his players but in England just comes across as an absolute tw*t... waste of points? Maybe we should just blow up for full time when a top 4 club goes 2 nil up?

And it also rained quite heavily didn't it?  So we scored our goals on a wet pitch. 

kevan49

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2018, 02:23:04 PM »
Have just sent a letter to Liverpool FC, for the Chairman's attention >:( and also to the Premier League Managers Association highlighting the disrespectful and tactless comments made yesterday.
Did he expect our players to let themselves, our fans and our club down, just because he needs the points more, which is questionable anyway.
To do so would have let everyone down and also failed those clubs with whom Liverpool are competing for the top places. When he wins he is all smiles and bonhomie but when he doesn't he seems unable to act respectfully towards 'lesser' teams.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »
Classless excuses by Klopp; dry pitch, high ball, Heghazi, Referees.   Why stop there? Why not blame Brexit, Trump or Global Warming.  No mention of any weaknesses in his management or team selection.  All someone else's fault...

Couldn't believe it at the end of the game when he marched straight on the pitch and went over to the referee. What could he possibly have to moan about? The ref gave us about 2 free kicks the entire game, and seemed to favour Liverpool in every 50/50 decision.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »
Except for those like Wenger, who has been over here for years and know better, alot of foreign managers (and players) new to the English game, understimate the so-called lower profile clubs. They focus on the "big matches" and "big teams" and so get upset when things don't go to plan in the other matches which they see as a formality.
I like Klopp, and think he's brought alot of good things to our league, but he will have to learn not to take clubs like ours for granted.
As someone who follows the German football media, I've noticed that they report on the Premier League as if it only consists of about 6 clubs, with the rest just there to make up the numbers. Maybe Klopp still thinks that!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
Have just sent a letter to Liverpool FC, for the Chairman's attention >:( and also to the Premier League Managers Association highlighting the disrespectful and tactless comments made yesterday.
Did he expect our players to let themselves, our fans and our club down, just because he needs the points more, which is questionable anyway.
To do so would have let everyone down and also failed those clubs with whom Liverpool are competing for the top places. When he wins he is all smiles and bonhomie but when he doesn't he seems unable to act respectfully towards 'lesser' teams.

Good for you. It needs to be said. Klopp is so arrogant and disrespectful

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »

Klopp is great when things are going his way but his pathetic jibe about the pitch was a joke. He was not moaning about it when they were 2 up. Suddenly became an issue when we pulled 2 goals back. Is he a bigger moaner than Mourinho i dont know.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
I actually saw the Liverpool team coach on the motorway going back to Merseyside, at around 3.30, so they didn't hang around after  :P the muddy wheels suggested it had been parked on a field somewhere  :-*

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2018, 06:55:53 PM »
I actually saw the Liverpool team coach on the motorway going back to Merseyside, at around 3.30, so they didn't hang around after  :P the muddy wheels suggested it had been parked on a field somewhere :-*

Haha brilliant!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
Thought we played really well in places yesterday, took us about 10-15 minutes to get our heads right but after that we looked decent. Thought McClean, Rondon, Rodriguez and Livermore all played well, but I don't think anyone played badly. Dawson was lucky that the ref didn't give a penalty for his block on Ings but it's about time we had some luck and the ref didn't really give us much else.

Thought the subs were puzzling though, why take of McClean for Evans and then Gibbs for Burke..made no sense but we got back into the game so what do I know!

Despite the relegation Sword of Damocles hanging over us I am enjoying the games and am looking forward not only to our last 3 fixtures but the challenges of seeing how the club rebuilds and how we play in the Championship.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »
I so hope he gets turned over by Roma, any other time i always want english teams to do well in europe but to mock us about relegation hes crossed the line, professional my bottom
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
What disappoints me most about Klopp's lack of respect for our club and its fans was that he ignored how we demonstrated our support and felt the pain of their fans and the families who lost loved ones at Hillsborough by installing 96 red seats in the Smethwick end. Has any other Premier League club made a gesture like that?

The points weren't wasted on us, when fans have endured a retched season like we have and pride is restored by deservedly collecting points from Manchester United and Liverpool, if he can't understand that then he has never been a football fan and doesn't understand them.

As far as their games against Roma are concerned, I would like to think, on the whole, our fans have enough class to wish them all the best.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:16 AM »
What disappoints me most about Klopp's lack of respect for our club and its fans was that he ignored how we demonstrated our support and felt the pain of their fans and the families who lost loved ones at Hillsborough by installing 96 red seats in the Smethwick end. Has any other Premier League club made a gesture like that?

The points weren't wasted on us, when fans have endured a retched season like we have and pride is restored by deservedly collecting points from Manchester United and Liverpool, if he can't understand that then he has never been a football fan and doesn't understand them.

As far as their games against Roma are concerned, I would like to think, on the whole, our fans have enough class to wish them all the best.

Sorry to disappoint you Albion, I hope they get stuffed.

And you make a very valid point about the 96 red seats.

I have no real problem with Liverpool as a team, but the petulant behaviour of Klopp on Saturday is beyond belief. How dare little old Albion spoil their charge at the top of the table and make him look very ordinary by leaving out a couple of superstars. Its called respect, and he does not have any.

Even the two Liverpool fans I work with say that we were better in the second half and should have won.

No, sorry, just for once I would like to see the smile wiped off his face. Come on Roma!!!   
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 11:11:23 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!