Author Topic: 24 Feb 2018 Albion 1 Huddersfield 2  (Read 59201 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2018, 08:36:24 AM »
Raises questions about our fitness and preparation for games (as well as age). Wagner like Klopp has them doing triple sessions pre season and double sessions during the season. They have a lot of energy in the team ...I'm afraid we are just not good enough to get away with being be out-worked by anyone.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2018, 10:00:20 AM »
Huddersfield closed us down all through midfield and we had no answer as they're all too slow and cumbersome.  I thought HTFC were as bad as us at moving the ball and beat us through sheer energy and will to win.

The game hinged on a terrible miss by Mclean/Appalling piece of defending from us to go 0-1.  I just knew first goal would win it.  There'd only been 4 attempts in total to that point.

2 points:
1) Pardew has repeatedly tried 442 and it doesn't work as when teams break our defence is too exposed.
2) The Defence are not as competent as under TP so Pardew is not drilling them properly.

Frustrating we are 10pts behind HTFC who ate no better than us IMO.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
Huddersfield closed us down all through midfield and we had no answer as they're all too slow and cumbersome.  I thought HTFC were as bad as us at moving the ball and beat us through sheer energy and will to win.

The game hinged on a terrible miss by Mclean/Appalling piece of defending from us to go 0-1.  I just knew first goal would win it.  There'd only been 4 attempts in total to that point.

2 points:
1) Pardew has repeatedly tried 442 and it doesn't work as when teams break our defence is too exposed.
2) The Defence are not as competent as under TP so Pardew is not drilling them properly.

Frustrating we are 10pts behind HTFC who ate no better than us IMO.

Yet they've taken 6 points off of us this season. I think we're deservedly bottom.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2018, 10:31:11 AM »
a whole season minus 1 game , 3 managers/ coaches in that time, 3 wins in that time says total incompetence at many levels to me and was there for all to see on the pitch yesterday. Whoever wanted and sanctioned some of those players for those fees / wages should be made to clean toilets in an upset stomach clinic for evermore. Lack of ability can be excused lack of heart, passion and pride never
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:38 PM »
The only players who I want out this bunch of Gormless twonk's is Foster, Hegazi, Dawson, McLean yes He is A Bit stupid in challenges shows he is Committed,  Yacob, Brunt and Rondon The rest of these Spanners can get gone. Pardew's Tatics are as good his Dancing Shoking. He needs to leave but I would personally keep him keep 5he youngsters and The players who are committed and see what team he can build from them Make Brunt Captain and Dwason Vice and Yacob Third. If he can't generate a decent time then bye bye Alan but after that pooh yesterday Bye Alan there's a Taxi being waiting out there for a Week mate
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »
The only players who I want out this bunch of Gormless twonk's is Foster, Hegazi, Dawson, McLean yes He is A Bit stupid in challenges shows he is Committed,  Yacob, Brunt and Rondon The rest of these Spanners can get gone. Pardew's Tatics are as good his Dancing Shoking. He needs to leave but I would personally keep him keep 5he youngsters and The players who are committed and see what team he can build from them Make Brunt Captain and Dwason Vice and Yacob Third. If he can't generate a decent time then bye bye Alan but after that rubbish yesterday Bye Alan there's a Taxi being waiting out there for a Week mate

Beggars belief when I hear this view. He's utterly awful when the ball is at his feet. Why do people still show him so much support? We should have been looking for better a long time ago, even in the Championship we should still be looking for better!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »
Beggars belief when I hear this view. He's utterly awful when the ball is at his feet. Why do people still show him so much support? We should have been looking for better a long time ago, even in the Championship we should still be looking for better!

Believe the poster is 13. Go easy mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2018, 12:40:56 PM »

I had his username pegged as someone who preferred the first half of the 2004/5 Great Escape season  ;D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #383 on: February 25, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
I had his username pegged as someone who preferred the first half of the 2004/5 Great Escape season  ;D

He'll learn. Some on here have seen us play in Europe and the equivalent of League 1.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »

He'll learn. Some on here have seen us play in Europe and the equivalent of League 1.

Sadly only the latter for me. Late 80's early 90's when I had my first season ticket. Times don't look quite so grim currently in comparison

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #385 on: February 25, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »
Sadly only the latter for me. Late 80's early 90's when I had my first season ticket. Times don't look quite so grim currently in comparison

The mid to late 80's were exceptionally grim.....but believe me, I think this could turn out to be a lot worse without significant re-structuring and investment. But I'm not optimistic.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #386 on: February 25, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

Yeah same. 88/89 I first went up.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #387 on: February 25, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »

Actually 14 if you check my birthday for my profile keep thinking i'm 13 though don't why might be my Autism

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #388 on: February 25, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
Actually 14 if you check my birthday for my profile keep thinking i'm 13 though don't why might be my Autism

Welcome to the forum matey. Hope you enjoy it

Any questions then give me a shout  :)

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »
Will do

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »

Good lad. Albion needs young blood supporting and on the pitch too.

Welcome!  :)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »
Two points on which I would love to question Pardew:

Chris Brunt is the only one of our players who looks capable of creating something, so why start him on the bench?

Are you aware that most teams now play with a 5 man midfield, so we are always going to be out manned if you continue to play 4-4-2?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2018, 06:35:28 PM »
A dreadful performance; really poor defending yet again, nothing up front and the midfield was the worst part of it. How any premier league footballer can fail to pass to a team mate 3 yards away just beggars belief.

Up until yesterday I thought we'd do enough to stay up but after that pathetic performance I am now resigned to relegation. I'm going to go to the rest of the games with the expectation that most of the team won't try and that we'll get beat so any deviation from this will be a bonus.

Someone (probably Liverpool) is going to stick 5 or 6 past us.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2018, 08:52:42 PM »

He is shown so much support because he does what every fan expects of their players: to give 100% all the time. Not one other player, possibly with the exception of Rondon, tries as hard as Jimmy.

Where has Evans' "class" got us? Or Barry's experience? We wouldn't be in this mess if we had a team of McCleans. I'd take his effort over the others so called ability any day.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2018, 09:01:34 PM »
He is shown so much support because he does what every fan expects of their players: to give 100% all the time. Not one other player, possibly with the exception of Rondon, tries as hard as Jimmy.

Where has Evans' "class" got us? Or Barry's experience? We wouldn't be in this mess if we had a team of McCleans. I'd take his effort over the others so called ability any day.

:o

I think you'll find that we would as we wouldn't score a goal with a team with such a lack of footballing ability. He is truly atrocious

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »
:o

I think you'll find that we would as we wouldn't score a goal with a team with such a lack of footballing ability. He is truly atrocious

How many goals have we scored this season? You really think we could be any less of a goal threat?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
How many goals have we scored this season? You really think we could be any less of a goal threat?

If every player had the same ability as McClean? Yes far far less.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2018, 11:21:15 PM »

If every player had the same ability as McClean? Yes far far less.

Ability is different to commitment. I said in my previous post about the quality of Evans and Barry not making much difference this season. So clearly, if the team we have, that has quality in it cannot score and win games, there is obviously something missing. And for me, that's commitment. Something that Jimmy doesn't lack.

If we go by ability, then a few teams above us should be worse off than they are. They have far less ability than we do, yet they're way ahead of us. Watford, Swansea and Huddersfield all have far less ability than we do throughout their squad, yet they're notching up wins.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »
Ability is different to commitment. I said in my previous post about the quality of Evans and Barry not making much difference this season. So clearly, if the team we have, that has quality in it cannot score and win games, there is obviously something missing. And for me, that's commitment. Something that Jimmy doesn't lack.

If we go by ability, then a few teams above us should be worse off than they are. They have far less ability than we do, yet they're way ahead of us. Watford, Swansea and Huddersfield all have far less ability than we do throughout their squad, yet they're notching up wins.

You've taken an indefensible position mate. You need both, McClean or indeed as you suggest 11 McClean's don't offer both.