Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 425621 times)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 11:22:08 PM »
Because he plays for Manchester United, every little thing he does on the pitch is highlighted and analysed, especially mistakes. People who don't rate him are focusing or the two or three occasions where he has made a significant mistake which has been intensely highlighted and talked about. Nobody remembers the other 98% of matches he has played for Manchester United where he has been rock steady and not done anything wrong. He is a class player,more than worthy of a place in our back four, a good honest pro too who will give us 100% if he signs.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
The biggest question is "is he better than McAuley, Olsson and Dawson?" The answer is yes.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
He will be as popular as GMac, just give him time

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
The biggest question is "is he better than McAuley, Olsson and Dawson?" The answer is yes.
For all the debate that has followed this signing, this is the most important point. It's all about improvement.

Fans of the top 4 naturally have skewed opinions, some will not acknowledge that a player can be good if they are not Champions league quality. To me, Evans fits into the O'Shea/Gibson/Fletcher type category, he will be a good signing but he is not good enough for Man Utd, and there is no shame in that at all.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 12:24:09 AM »
Can I just a mention 2 names? O'shea and wes brown
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 12:27:03 AM »
Jonny Evans is a class above Brown and O'Shea hence why they were sold and he wasn't.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 12:43:59 AM »
Someone mentioned the Lukaku game, the 5 all. We never got near United until they brought on Scholes who had frankly a shocker, to blame that collapse on Evans is laughable in itself. We were 5-2 down and getting schooled when Scholes was introduced on 69 minutes, from then on Mulumbu bossed the midfield, we had the foresight to take Long off on 79 minutes  :P which produced 2 goals two minutes later and an equaliser a further 5 minutes later. Lukaku should arguably have got himself a 4th and a famous win.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »
Evans is such an under rated defender, would be a terrific signing, Ferguson trusted him in some massive games and he rarely put a foot wrong, a modern day Steve Bruce.
"This crack is really moreish."

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »
I'm in the sign him up camp on this one.

better than Fazio who we were going to spend the pennies on IMO.
better than our aging aged C-H trio also.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BelfastBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
I have a bit of bias here, but would be very happy with this.

Be good for furthering the Albion interest in Northern Ireland too. Know a good few who look out for the results because of Brunt and McAuley. 

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
Any news on where this is atm?
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
John Percy @John__Percy
#mufc defender Jonny Evans is having a medical at West Brom tonight. Joleon Lescott now likely to join #avfc before Tuesday's deadline #wba

Laurie Whitwell @lauriewhitwell
Jonny Evans set for #wba medical tonight, clearing path for Joleon Lescott to seal switch to #avfc. More at @MailSport

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
Brilliant signing!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
I have a bit of bias here, but would be very happy with this.

Be good for furthering the Albion interest in Northern Ireland too. Know a good few who look out for the results because of Brunt and McAuley.

nice one
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »
Brilliant signing!

Don't curse us you plonker. We've had about 3 people have medicals and not sign so far.

I will trust in his record and hope he's used as an actual CB. But yes, depending on how much we pay and how much we get for Joleon, it's a good upgrade.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2015, 05:42:38 PM »
I will trust in his record and hope he's used as an actual CB. But yes, depending on how much we pay and how much we get for Joleon, it's a good upgrade.
Albeit that, as was posted earlier, Evans doesn't much like playing on the left side of the central defensive pairing.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »
Don't curse us you plonker. We've had about 3 people have medicals and not sign so far.

True, but I think this is Pulis' top target so he probably won't be allowed to leave the building without having signed on the dotted line ;D

About the same standard as Lescott but 6 years younger!!!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »
John Percy @John__Percy
#mufc defender Jonny Evans is having a medical at West Brom tonight. Joleon Lescott now likely to join #avfc before Tuesday's deadline #wba

Laurie Whitwell @lauriewhitwell
Jonny Evans set for #wba medical tonight, clearing path for Joleon Lescott to seal switch to #avfc. More at @MailSport
Any switch to villa is a seal switch ;D

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »
True, but I think this is Pulis' top target so he probably won't be allowed to leave the building without having signed on the dotted line ;D

About the same standard as Lescott but 6 years younger!!!
just not happy that we may be strengthening villa..
Would they take Anichibe as well, as that would make me feel better!!
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »
Albeit that, as was posted earlier, Evans doesn't much like playing on the left side of the central defensive pairing.

Whether players get to play in their 1st choice position isn't something I'm going to worry much about. If the average defence as of October or so is

Brunt   Evans     Chester       Dawson           or            Brunt         Evans     GMac       Chester

Or something like that, then I'll be happy enough. TP does not sign nor want traditional FBs, so lets give up on that one.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »
Whether players get to play in their 1st choice position isn't something I'm going to worry much about. If the average defence as of October or so is

Brunt   Evans     Chester       Dawson           or            Brunt         Evans     GMac       Chester

Or something like that, then I'll be happy enough. TP does not sign nor want traditional FBs, so lets give up on that one.

Brunt plays full back for Northern Ireland and seems Chester played right back for Hull a few times last season so neither unfamiliar with the roles.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »

May as well re-sign Baird and call ourselves West Northern Ireland with that back three. I think there's definite advantages to having players who are also international team mates, will make Evans slot-in hopefully.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »

The limitations of edited clips aside, he looks reasonably comfortable with either foot though.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzWxMZSRv9g

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2015, 06:10:01 PM »
Must be match fit...straight in against Stoke please TP...With Chester..Dawson and Brunt for me...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
Must be match fit...straight in against Stoke please TP...With Chester..Dawson and Brunt for me...

Won't be available tomorrow unless we signed him before midday today.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.