Author Topic: Gabriel Tamas  (Read 100390 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Gabriel Tamas
« Reply #525 on: August 23, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
Tamas is a Championship player. I said that after watching his debut and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #526 on: August 23, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »
For the rest of the transfer window we have more pressing concerns than trying to get rid of Tamas. I'd expect him or Dawson to go on loan during the loan window and try and get a fee for Tamas in January.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
The Mail website is tonight reporting that Tamas has been summoned to the Palace - Crystal Palace, not Buckingham Palace ;D

Gabriel Tamas is a target for Crystal Palace, after being told he can leave West Brom.
Tamas has been reluctant to leave the Hawthorns this summer, despite interest from Nottingham Forest.
However, West Brom coach Steve Clarke has indicated that Tamas’ would be better off moving on, and has yet to include the player in his match-day squads.
Tamas is in no rush to leave Albion.
The former Dinamo Bucharest player is on a decent package at The Hawthorns and had indicated he was keen to fight for his place in the Baggies side, despite the recent arrival of Diego Lugano.
“If I was a player in Gabi’s position at his age I would be looking to play some matches,” said Clarke.
“He might be happy here but maybe it’s time for him to get his career moving again.”
A move to Crystal Palace would give Tamas a greater chance of Premier League football.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:08:25 PM by royhan »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
Despite us having no cover at right-back as a consequence, by not even putting him on the bench, I'm sure Clarke is trying to send him a strong message that he should go.

It does beg the question as to who our cover at right-back is actually going to be whilst Reid remains injured, and with his next injury after that not likely to be far away?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #529 on: September 01, 2013, 10:37:47 PM »
Despite us having no cover at right-back as a consequence, by not even putting him on the bench, I'm sure Clarke is trying to send him a strong message that he should go.

It does beg the question as to who our cover at right-back is actually going to be whilst Reid remains injured, and with his next injury after that not likely to be far away?
Probably Myhill if left to the tactical genius that is Mr S Clarke
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #530 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
Has he left the club ?

I have worked out we have 26 players over 21 years of age and cannot see how he will make the nominated Premier league 25 man squad.  Talk last night was he had been released ?

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #531 on: September 03, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
Rumours last night his contract had been terminated by mutual consent.
Keep St.George in my heart.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #532 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
Steve Madeley tweeted about 30 mins ago that it's been confirmed Tamas's contract was terminated by mutual consent last night, so we have no obvious cover for Jones whilst Reid remains injured.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: September 03, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »
Our official site is awfully slow. It hasn't even officially announced the sale of PO let alone news on Tamas.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »
Gabby slipped away like a thief in the night! Thanks for the years of service, and good luck.
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
The moment where he injured Vaughan at Norwich and got a ban was the end of Tamas, Under Roy I thought he actually was forming a good partnership with Olsson but he messed this up by being stupid. His debut against Forrest was a stinker but he actually put it some good performances here and there. And who can forget that screamer at Reading in the last min :) Farewell Tamas and good luck.
BOING BOING

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
Always liked Gabby, what you saw is what you got.
Hope he finds another club.
Good luck to him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »
Whats he had a pay off. See you on the beach Tammy
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

baggie004

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
Our official site is awfully slow. It hasn't even officially announced the sale of PO let alone news on Tamas.

I think the club is just making 100% he's gone. From what I understand it was a legal matter that was preventing the paperwork from being accepted/faxed in

As for Tamas, was good on his day. We have a few good memories of the mad, but as mentioned before, I think he sealed his fate with us when he got sent off. Plus, Big Mac has been outstanding... Mind you, Tamas should have replaced Olsson once of twice...
"I may live 3000 miles away! But my blood still runs BLUE AND WHITE!!!   :D

My Godfather told me when i was young: "Life is too short to hate... unless its that dingle Shiite from up the road"

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #539 on: September 04, 2013, 01:29:35 AM »
Never minded Tamas, a better player than many gave him credit for, and never let us down when filling in.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #540 on: September 04, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »
Finally confirmed he has left the club

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/duo-depart-for-pastures-new-1033834.aspx

Gabriel Tamas also left Albion before last night's transfer deadline after having the final ten months of his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

The Romanian international, who joined the Baggies in January 2011, will be free to join a new club as he was unattached when the window closed.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #541 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
Shame really thought he was good cover, met him a couple of times seemed a nice chap.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #542 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
I always thought he did well for us, but I'm not too surprised that he has left. I imagine a number of Championship or maybe one or two Premiership clubs maybe interested in him as I think that he can play at this level. All the best Gabby.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #543 on: September 04, 2013, 11:25:32 AM »
Never minded Tamas, a better player than many gave him credit for, and never let us down when filling in.

Couldn't agree more, think he would be a big player in the Championship, just came up a little short in the Premier or maybe unlucky there were better players ahead of him.

Unable to break into the first team, unlike that apartment block in Romania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUl8N9Mb9I

Sorry Gabby, couldn't resist  ;D all the best for the future  8)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #544 on: September 04, 2013, 12:01:18 PM »
I'm saddened by this loss, I'm going to miss those Iconic breeze block sized black boots of his as well as his out of hours antics. Tamas was my hero  ::)

On a more serious note though, it concerns me our cover for right back is now wafer thin, with Reid still injured, if Jones picks up a knock there's no Tamas to fill the gap either now.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #545 on: September 04, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
I wish Gabby well, despite his hotheadedness on the field, he has been a good servant during his tenure and will be remembered fondly by myself and the majority of supporters even if he didn't quite make the grade in the Premiership. For me he was a signing that started the turn around in our major defensive frailties (who Mowbray was to blame in my opinion). Thanks Gabby, good luck with the next chapter in your career.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »
Just thought I'd check up on how Tamas was doing now he's left us.

The crazy bugger signed for CFR Cluj on 9th October and then got fired on 16th October due to "an incident in a pub"....

His list of who he's played for is very impressive. Mad so just can't stay away from the drink. Not sure if sad or funny?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Any updates on Tamas will be moved to here as and when anything new happens, still a free agent after his latest incident:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=9841.0
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill