West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Mark Naylor
« Last post by TAFKATMNo1Fan on Today at 07:04:48 AM »
Is he any relation to Stuart?
Bloke had gone back to parent club, recruitment office should have anticipated this and have a player ready to come in to replace him. We desperately need a new striker as we have no back up options and HRK is pooo

Our management heirach have no vision. I can remember going down to the old 3rd division. They are so blinkered. They have reached the top of what they can do. If they did manage to get up, they would flounder. They are that useless.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)
« Last post by paulosull on Yesterday at 11:53:52 PM »
Bloke had gone back to parent club, recruitment office should have anticipated this and have a player ready to come in to replace him. We desperately need a new striker as we have no back up options and HRK is pooo
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by Nathan on Yesterday at 11:06:11 PM »
He’s fantastic and a breath of fresh air - we’ll done to him for his honesty

His side have been a joy to watch this season and it’s not hard to see why with the level of analysis they produce

I'm with you on this, I honestly cant see what the fuss is about with Bielsa and this so called 'spying'. It isn't illegal to watch a bloody training session is it. I know Albion fans and also fans of other clubs who are or have been regular spectators at their respective club's training ground. Anyone would think he had committed some heinous crime judging by this hysterical over-reaction. Fair play to him for using his initiative and fair play to the Leeds players for showing a rare level of intelligence for professional footballers and actually take on board what they hear from Bielsa's detailed analysis of each opponent and apply their tactics accordingly. If Bielsa has wanted to put this level of effort in to try to achieve optimum performances for his side then good for him. I wish we had someone at the Albion who was as much of a character and who had shown equal levels of intelligence and initiative.
« Last post by chipperclark on Yesterday at 10:56:47 PM »
 :) Also Puel on the edge of losing his job...was reported Brendon Rogers has been approached. Not good for us as he has already recalled Barnes,maybe to save his own "skin"??
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: The Liquidator liquidated?
« Last post by Tony on Yesterday at 10:55:15 PM »
The Cyrille tribute videos are going around twitter to mark the 1 year anniversary and a few people have mentioned having “The Impossible Dream” playing before games in honour of Cyrille. Its gathered a bit of support and I think it would be a nice gesture but not entirely sure it would do the best job of raising an atmosphere. Certainly could be worth a try for a couple of games, and could even turn out to be You’ll Never Walk Alone-esque. At worst it would be nice token to the big man.
« Last post by WBArgo on Yesterday at 10:36:27 PM »
On reflection I think we'd have beaten Norwich with him on the pitch. There were a few 'nearly' moments which just needed a bit of quality for the ball to go in - and sadly we lacked it. With Barnes he made the difference and I think it will haunt us for the remainder of the season.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Who really wants promotion?
« Last post by WBArgo on Yesterday at 10:33:46 PM »
If Bournemouth, a League 1-sized club with no financial advantage over other Prem clubs, can get promoted and comfortably stay midtable with a young squad playing decent football, then anyone can. You need a decent head coach, a clear recruitment strategy coming from above the level of the current head coach, a good scouting network and an owner/board who plan for the long term.

We're a bigger club than the majority of bottom-half Prem sides, we're at no disadvantage other than the fact we employ crap head coaches and have awful recruitment and zero long-term (or even medium-term) planning. Whether Dowling and Moore are the men to create a long-term recruitment strategy (I have serious doubts), and whether Jenkins would even let them (again, serious doubts) we will have to wait and see.

The problem is a bit deeper than that though, at least to some I assume.

Bournemouth's time will come, as will Watford, Brighton and various others. We were once the talk of the poorer sides and poster-boys of doing well on a budget, then Swansea followed etc; years before us it was Charlton too who had good youth players. These clubs all had new ideas and philosophies which gained some fame. But ultimately, outside of the top 6 - it's a revolving door and at some stage you get kicked out, replaced by a newer, more fashionable model of running a football club...for the time being at least.

There is no real long-term outside of the top 6. Bournemouth have been in the Premier League less than we were and have been in there for 5 minutes in reality. When/if Eddie Howe goes, there's a good chance it will crumble. Perhaps not immediately but maybe 3 years after or so; it only takes one bad season and a bit of bad luck and you are down.

This is why people are fed-up, because teams like Bournemouth are seen as the bench mark. And although that may be the reality, you have to wonder what is the point if finishing in mid-table is the dream?

The only way of cracking it these days is trying the Wolves route which is getting lucky with a high-spending billionaire. Even then, there's no guarantees and it could still end in tears.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by liverbaggie on Yesterday at 09:45:03 PM »
Hey liam,you mean after he was caught out.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: The Liquidator liquidated?
« Last post by Black Country Pride on Yesterday at 09:32:12 PM »
Assembly minutes confirm liquidator is shelved (temporarily atleast) due to complaints. The walkout music has also changed if you hadn’t noticed yet. Split has been scrapped and replaced by the older duo of O Fortuna and Insomnia

Complaints probably all from Villa fans. What self-respecting Albion fan would moan about it? FFS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10