West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Points targets
« Last post by mank baggie on Today at 07:08:07 AM »
Jones says they want 100 points playing attacking football.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951209052?-11200:789

Albion assistant Graeme Jones says the Baggies are changing their footballing culture this season in order to chase down 100 points.

Culturally, I know what’s gone on here for the last four or five years,” said Jones. “In order to move forward we can’t play that way any more.

“We’re West Bromwich Albion, one of the best, if not the biggest side in the Championship.

“We need a different style and different shape in order to win football matches, because you only get promoted winning football matches.

Draws are sometimes good results in the Premier League, in the Championship they’re not.

“That’s the reason for it, and hopefully we’ll get more results like Saturday (when Albion beat QPR 7-1) in the future.”

Tony Pulis’s safety-first approach during his almost three-year reign at the club divided opinion among supporters.

But Pulis’s Middlesbrough side are unbeaten in the Championship so far this season, and welcome the Baggies to the Riverside on Friday night for an intriguing fixture.

“Tony was a long serving manager here,” said Jones. “You have to respect his method of work and style of play because it was really successful here. I’ve got total respect for his teams because there’s as tough as anyone’s to play against.

“What’s had to change here is that we need 100 points. We have to play more attacking football and score more goals

Wow this fella is a breath of fresh air , good to hear
« Last post by caravanc58 on Today at 06:59:13 AM »
Jones says they want 100 points playing attacking football.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951209052?-11200:789

Albion assistant Graeme Jones says the Baggies are changing their footballing culture this season in order to chase down 100 points.

Culturally, I know what’s gone on here for the last four or five years,” said Jones. “In order to move forward we can’t play that way any more.

“We’re West Bromwich Albion, one of the best, if not the biggest side in the Championship.

“We need a different style and different shape in order to win football matches, because you only get promoted winning football matches.

Draws are sometimes good results in the Premier League, in the Championship they’re not.

“That’s the reason for it, and hopefully we’ll get more results like Saturday (when Albion beat QPR 7-1) in the future.”

Tony Pulis’s safety-first approach during his almost three-year reign at the club divided opinion among supporters.

But Pulis’s Middlesbrough side are unbeaten in the Championship so far this season, and welcome the Baggies to the Riverside on Friday night for an intriguing fixture.

“Tony was a long serving manager here,” said Jones. “You have to respect his method of work and style of play because it was really successful here. I’ve got total respect for his teams because there’s as tough as anyone’s to play against.

“What’s had to change here is that we need 100 points. We have to play more attacking football and score more goals
Next Match Forum - 24/08 Middlesbrough (A) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 04:18:27 AM »
He will be wanting to prove a point (well three) but then I am sure so will the players.

We are a different team since Pulis had his strangle hold on us.

In Big Dave We Trust.
Just don't give away cheap free kicks and corners against them. We know pulis teams not particularly comfy with the ball. The onus is on them to attack as they will be at home.

I think our counter attacking play has looked frightening hit them hard with that and make sure we score first and I am confident we can win.

Having said that now I would happily take a point. Promotions are seldom won in August.....
I’d go further, and state no English football team has been promoted in August. ☺️
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 12:28:24 AM »
I think people are getting carried away after beating 2 awful teams.
Let's see how we fare after Boro and Stoke. I think a few will be adjusting there expectations

Yes adjusting them upwards... Yourself included  ;)
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Today at 12:17:06 AM »
Just don't give away cheap free kicks and corners against them. We know pulis teams not particularly comfy with the ball. The onus is on them to attack as they will be at home.

I think our counter attacking play has looked frightening hit them hard with that and make sure we score first and I am confident we can win.

Having said that now I would happily take a point. Promotions are seldom won in August.....
i ventured onto a Boro site yesterday (oneboro), Jesus what a mess, makes you appreciate what we have here and what a good job the officious, over-bearing, mini-hitlers on here do  ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for your kind words  :D

Oh, and please refrain from using the word "coz" as its text speak which us mini-Hitlers don't allow, I edited your post on this occasion 8)
« Last post by barnestormer on Yesterday at 11:24:41 PM »
Confident our front 4 will out gun them,not so sure about our defence though so I go 2/3 to us hopefully
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Craig Dawson
« Last post by timdon on Yesterday at 10:53:17 PM »
This is the point that needs to be made to Craig Dawson besides a derisory offer from Burnley for BOTH Rodriquez and Dawson nobody else made any bids.
Can't force your way out of nobody wants you or Is willing to pay the fee- so get your head down and buck up and either play premier league football with wba next year and help us get promoted or get yourself in the team and perform and you will be in shop window and somebody might come in January
Did West Ham not offer £15 million for him which we knocked back, or was that just gutter press rubbish?
« Last post by graka on Yesterday at 10:51:08 PM »
I think people are getting carried away after beating 2 awful teams.
Let's see how we fare after Boro and Stoke. I think a few will be adjusting there expectations
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10