West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Assistant Head Coach
« Last post by baggie38 on Today at 01:42:35 AM »
when do the players report back for pre season?, would expect us to have an assistant by then

I believe its next week.
General Football & Sports / Re: World Cup 2018
« Last post by Scooby Doo on Today at 12:46:10 AM »
Yes you are probably correct I am a Ronaldo fan.
Its the world cup,arguably should be the best players in the world playing in Russia.
If you were from another planet and had been watching the matches, I think they would say that on his performances so far that Messi ain't one of them,whereas Ronaldo....

The day a players ability is defined based on two games will be the day you might have an argument. Until then, I'll just sit here in amazement.

« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 12:34:24 AM »
when do the players report back for pre season?, would expect us to have an assistant by then

Monday 25th June.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Retained List
« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 12:32:25 AM »
I'm not sure what you've based that on, as he's never scored more than 5 league goals in a season in his entire career. In the Championship, his record so far is played 46 scored 5. I don't have the stats regarding his assists.

I'm not entirely sure what he's based it on either, but those 46 appearances were split over two seasons. He made six assists to add to the five goals during those seasons too, albeit they were a good few years back.

Just swished through his career stats’ and from the start of his first team days with Boro’ he’s made a total of 410 first team appearances (plus two in Premier League Two with us). During those total appearances he’s scored 47 goals and made 39 assists (none in Prem’ League Two).

From those he’s scored a total of 33 goals and has 35 assists in 270 League appearances for Albion, that’s Championship and Prem’ combined. So he’s been directly involved in 68 goals from 270 League appearances, making that a goal every 3.97 games in the League alone. I think.

Can’t be bothered totting up all of his goals/assists to games actually started ratio or trying to judge his impact from the bench, but it’s worth noting he has never played a full season in the League (be that Champ’ or Prem’). Must admit I had no idea he’d got so many goals or assists but let’s face it, stats can mean anything to anyone depending on how they choose to interpret them.

All figures (except the 3.97 total League goals scored/assists) were added using mental arithmetic. So if I’m wrong then I’m wrong but in my defence I’ve had a bottle of white wine and four small bottles of Becks, soon to be five. And I really can’t be doing with checking over them but the source is linked below so feel free.

I need some sleep and another more constructive hobby, goodnight  ;D .

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-morrison/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/27614
« Last post by liverbaggie on Today at 12:17:43 AM »
Yes you are probably correct I am a Ronaldo fan.
Its the world cup,arguably should be the best players in the world playing in Russia.
If you were from another planet and had been watching the matches, I think they would say that on his performances so far that Messi ain't one of them,whereas Ronaldo....
« Last post by paulosull on Today at 12:12:40 AM »
David Dunn leaving Blackburn?
« Last post by vrabbit on Today at 12:09:58 AM »
And? Didn't drag his side to victory. I have a very different version of dragging a side to victory. Messi's hat trick against Ecuador after going 1-0 down was a performance that merits such a phrase.

Diego Costa didn't drag Spain to victory the other day did he? Like Ronaldo didn't for Portugal.

Clearly you're a Ronaldo fan though so I'll be bold to say you're slightly blinkered. Which there's nothing wrong with just won't see reason.

Once I realized this it became clear there's no point engaging with this dude.
« Last post by Scooby Doo on Yesterday at 11:57:09 PM »
But he won mate.

And? Didn't drag his side to victory. I have a very different version of dragging a side to victory. Messi's hat trick against Ecuador after going 1-0 down was a performance that merits such a phrase.

Diego Costa didn't drag Spain to victory the other day did he? Like Ronaldo didn't for Portugal.

Clearly you're a Ronaldo fan though so I'll be bold to say you're slightly blinkered. Which there's nothing wrong with just won't see reason.
« Last post by jim68 on Yesterday at 11:53:32 PM »
Stuart Pearce anyone?
god i hope not dont want any forest rejects
« Last post by liverbaggie on Yesterday at 11:45:24 PM »
But he won mate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10