Author Topic: Support  (Read 10052 times)

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

Re: Support
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »
Rubbish Devon

I was one chanting on the concourse - beer and emotion gets infront of you and before you know it everything else is secondary. At no point when I'm inebriated up with pals am I thinking about the tine of year and whether there's going to be a silence

I don't think anybody sets out to be purely disrespectful

Everyone with half a brain cell knows no one sang despite knowing it was a minutes silence, pathetic of Leicester fans to call us f*cking scum to be honest, a crass attempt at oneupmanship.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 09:14:06 AM »
Exactly the same happened at hull 2? years ago.

its pretty inevitable IMO

It was Leicester away two years ago, 1-0 (the Brunt deflected goal right at the start of the 2nd half).
It wasn't intentional then either just p*ssed up blokes singing on their way to their seats not realising the minutes silence had begun. Maybe it'd be better to have to a minutes applause then any singing gets drowned out.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
Rubbish Devon

I was one chanting on the concourse - beer and emotion gets infront of you and before you know it everything else is secondary. At no point when I'm inebriated up with pals am I thinking about the tine of year and whether there's going to be a silence

just saying all the games i listened to and watched over the weekend our game was the only one with noise at the time
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
Could only hear booing on the TV during the silence. Made it seem much worse, especially as it was at the moment that they were carrying the wreaths out.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 08:03:29 AM »
Rubbish Devon

Well you should be.
That in itself is disrespectful.
In todays society its all me me me.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »
Could only hear booing on the TV during the silence. Made it seem much worse, especially as it was at the moment that they were carrying the wreaths out.

you must have arrived at your tv late, it was very clear and evident
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »
It was Leicester away two years ago, 1-0 (the Brunt deflected goal right at the start of the 2nd half).
It wasn't intentional then either just p*ssed up blokes singing on their way to their seats not realising the minutes silence had begun. Maybe it'd be better to have to a minutes applause then any singing gets drowned out.
No it shouldn't be replaced with applause, armistice day as always been observed by a minutes two minutes silence and should never be changed to accommodate p!!!!d up football fans, anyone caught disrespecting the silence should be thrown out, disgusting

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 10:32:23 AM »
No it shouldn't be replaced with applause, armistice day as always been observed by a minutes two minutes silence and should never be changed to accommodate p!!!!d up football fans, anyone caught disrespecting the silence should be thrown out, disgusting
You are confusing two things.
Armistice Day is Nov 11th though and is a nationally observed event which has a 2 minutes silence and I agree shouldn't be changed.

Paying respects at football matches is not the same thing though and by having applause it would at least drown out any singing, chanting etc deliberate or otherwise.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
Really think this is ridiculous. Not just on here but the reaction of a section of the Leicester fans on the day and the wider football community in general.

Firstly, it's not even remembrance Sunday. Football has been played for nearly 100 years since the poppy was introduced and although I could be completely wrong I'd be surprised if up until relatively recently a minutes silence was held in games the week before. Then on top of that you have....

Poppy's cut in to the pitch
Half time interview with former Leicester player who served in the war
Full on military parade lasting around 10 minutes at half time
Cards for everyone to hold up making an image of poppy's around the stadium

It's way over the top and I'm sorry for me it's not about paying respects it's about who can put on the best show. On top of that you have this farce with the FA outrage at Fifa when in my view Fifa for once are completely in the right. Again, England have played fixtures for nearly 100 years and without a poppy on the shirt but now for some reason in the last 5 years it's an absolute disgrace we can't have them?

As someone said on here the whole thing has absolutely nothing to do with respect anymore, it's more about pointing out people who don't show respect so others can claim the moral highground. As a side note if Leicester are really so bothered about going all out to show how much they care it's probably best next time they don't get their giant cartoon fox mascot to join in a somber military parade and then start breaking out to spells of dabbing every few minutes whilst walking side by side with servicemen.

I've been to Ypres and the surrounding area a few times. If anyone here thinks the people who died over there would care in any way about poppy's cut in to football pitches, a handfull of people chanting unknowingly a full week before remembrance Sunday or the supposed outrage it cause then they are sorely mistaken and I'd suggest those people are missing the point completely. The Leicester fans chanting 'you're f*cking scum' milliseconds after the silence ended could not have been more misinformed about the situation if they tried.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
Just to add some balance, here are the views of some Leicester City supporter's from Foxes Talk regarding the minute's 'silence'.

Keep with the thread beyond the opening post or two.

Interestingly quite a few of them were more annoyed with their own, fully acknowledge the chanting came from the concourse and feel their club handled the whole thing really badly.

Always good to read things from another's perspective.........

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/109186-minutes-silence/
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 07:40:06 PM »
you must have arrived at your tv late, it was very clear and evident

What were they shouting/singing?