Author Topic: 10 Apr 2024 Albion 2 Rotherham United 0  (Read 5661 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2024, 09:54:35 PM »
Hull vs Boro finishes 2-2, perfect result.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2024, 09:55:23 PM »
According to you anyone but him. You are entitled to your opinion but you have always got to have a player to slate on a regular basis. But whenever,  whoever your target is, as a few good games  you have nothing to say.

No need to get personal  ;)

I’m always here regardless, I think you’ll find. 10 goals in 36 games in a side going for promotion. He’s just not very good

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2024, 09:55:58 PM »
Yes

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2024, 09:57:42 PM »

Brilliant result. Win on Saturday and we should be about there

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2024, 09:58:02 PM »
2-0 FT    Easy at the end.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2024, 09:58:30 PM »
Job done, at a canter. Well done all.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2024, 10:01:29 PM »
Patels first win too, let's go! First of many hopefully

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2024, 10:02:50 PM »
The ref turned it into a training game with that daft pen, but we got to conserve energy for Saturday, which will be a different kettle of fish

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2024, 10:04:40 PM »
Bit of a non-event second half though BTA could (should) have added to the tally.

The penalty decision was utterly embarrassing but I think we would have gone on to win anyway - it just gave us the cushion to coast the second half.

Can’t see us missing the top 6 from here. That’s a big achievement by CC in the circumstances.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2024, 10:05:17 PM »
Anyone feel inclined to pop over to the Rotherham Forum and say sorry for the referee?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2024, 10:10:23 PM »
Job done as was expected, very poor penalty award, just read on the BBC that we've been in 5th position now for 131 consecutive days since 2nd Dec 2023.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2024, 10:13:33 PM »
Anyone feel inclined to pop over to the Rotherham Forum and say sorry for the referee?
Doesn't really alter their season. Its Norwich, Coventry who might have lost out.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2024, 10:18:48 PM »
Job done as was expected, very poor penalty award, just read on the BBC that we've been in 5th position now for 131 consecutive days since 2nd Dec 2023.
Highlights the consistency and relentlessness we have shown and yet some have criticised when we have dropped points here or there. We'd have already been guaranteed a play-off spot, last season. 

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2024, 10:20:42 PM »
Doesn't really alter their season. Its Norwich, Coventry who might have lost out.

Well absolutely but if that decision had been against us I'd have been incensed. Not bothered about Norwich, Coventry, it's up them to win their games as much as it is up to us to win ours. I'm just feeling a bit of injustice, doesn't sit well at all.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2024, 10:24:02 PM »
A win and a clean sheet , job done . Thought Adam Reach was excellent at left back .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2024, 10:24:26 PM »
Well absolutely but if that decision had been against us I'd have been incensed. Not bothered about Norwich, Coventry, it's up them to win their games as much as it is up to us to win ours. I'm just feeling a bit of injustice, doesn't sit well at all.

Wouldn't worry too much. Not many of other teams fans have been on here after the countless bad decisions against us. Also scrub off Swifts penalty and we still have 3 poonts

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2024, 10:26:49 PM »
This was the same ref who didn't give Kipre's handball in the QPR game. We are so consistent, easy win, Reach had a good game, BTA should have had a hattrick. Let's win on Saturday to definitely secure the play offs. On a plus note, Patel is more visible than Lai. We move on.

Oh and Blues are second bottom, serves them right after that awful descion
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2024, 10:29:22 PM »
Yes, I like to win fair and in some way the extra goal flatters us.

It looked like the players were told to ease off after the first goal. However, BTA always works incredibly hard, but he misses far more than he scores, and they weren't difficult chances tonight.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:09:08 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2024, 11:09:17 PM »
Very much a routine win, no new injuries and much needed minutes for those who need it most. Thought Reach was very good. As others have mentioned, BTA should have scored at least 3 goals. On to Saturday. Almost there now….

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2024, 11:40:25 PM »
The penalty decision  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D must be the worst decision I've ever seen. It was on the edge of the D.  ;D ;D

Boring game but professional job done!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2024, 12:13:24 AM »
I’m 43 and I think that’s the worst decision I’ve ever seen. I’d be furious if that went against us.

Four more points to be 99% certain.

I’m glad some were rested today. More testing needed over the next four games I think.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 12:59:06 PM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2024, 12:31:02 AM »
Yeah that's definitely the worst decision i've ever seen.

Someone noted above it was the same ref who didn't give Kipre's one against QPR. Well that makes him the same one that did give Reach's which I didn't think was a pen either. I don't like to ref bash but he'll be dropping a league or two after tonight.

Reach was good at LB, nobody else really stood out.

Is BTA's conversion rate getting worse? He missed a hat trick of sitters tonight, despite the goal. If we are to make playoffs I hope Maja is fit and firing by the time we get there.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2024, 01:17:28 AM »
It’s hard to believe how the ref thought that handball was inside the area. What was he watching? Crazy decision.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2024, 07:40:51 AM »
What I really can't understand about the penalty is why the lino didn't put the ref right, surely he must have seen and known ! Otherwise it was a case of job done with minimum of fuss and with the bonus of M'vila getting through 90mins and Maja getting back onto the pitch. Just a thought but with Wallace to come back into last night's squad who gets left out !?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2024, 08:52:04 AM »
Christ that was painful viewing, why not try and entice me back. BTA full of heart and desire but he aint at this level. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:54:13 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties