Author Topic: John Swift  (Read 24728 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: John Swift
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2022, 02:31:49 PM »
Unlucky not to score last night. Keeper managed to make a great save by playing the odds and spreading his body. Some degree of luck for him and poor luck for Swift that it hit him.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2022, 09:21:50 PM »
Think that was his best game since he joined us, wanted the ball so much in that first half compared to most of the season we need more of that going forward.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2022, 08:03:38 AM »
Another assist from Swifty. Two in two games. He looked lost under Bruce. He's looking much more at home now.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2022, 08:51:17 AM »
Thought he looked up for it yesterday - some lovely passing exchanges to get us up the pitch. And his set-piece delivery was on the money.

Hoping that under Corberan that he will become the key player that we all hoped he'd be.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2022, 09:37:24 AM »
I actually think we have decent options in the middle of the pitch now with each having their own skill set
Yokuslu is looking much fitter, molumby whilst not the most gifted with the ball does a lot of dirty work
TGH is a bit of an all rounder and Rogic is starting to look a decent alternative to swift

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2022, 09:48:17 AM »
Think that was his best game since he joined us, wanted the ball so much in that first half compared to most of the season we need more of that going forward.

Totally agree, he was allowed to hunt the ball which I think helped.
He’s the type of player who needs to see the ball as much as possible else he will drop out the game.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2022, 09:57:13 AM »
Looked hungry for the ball yetserday and no continued use of (needless)flash footwork/passing. Much more focused.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2022, 12:18:48 AM »
Much easier to show your worth when you’re given the ball rather than watching it sail above your head.

It’s taken us five months or so but we’re finally starting to play to his strengths.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2023, 09:17:57 AM »
Has to start the next one for me. I’m not convinced by Wallace at 10. It’s square pegs in round holes.

I’m a big fan of Wallace but he’s strongest when stretching the defence, harrying a full back and getting us up the pitch. Lots of heart and effort but you don’t see the best of that if he’s at 10.

Swift deserves a run in the side. Technically one of our better (best?) footballers but we look a blunter side without him.

Wallace - Swift - Albrighton

BTA

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2023, 09:29:47 AM »
Has to start the next one for me. I’m not convinced by Wallace at 10. It’s square pegs in round holes.

I’m a big fan of Wallace but he’s strongest when stretching the defence, harrying a full back and getting us up the pitch. Lots of heart and effort but you don’t see the best of that if he’s at 10.

Swift deserves a run in the side. Technically one of our better (best?) footballers but we look a blunter side without him.

Wallace - Swift - Albrighton

BTA
Swift does add a bit of quality and I'd agree with that setup for the next game. We need a lot of movement and energy from that front 4 to give some targets and support to the two CMs.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2023, 09:30:35 PM »
In our incredible charge up the table, Corberan kept switching between Swift and Rogic and Dike and BTA. It doesn't feel like a coincidence that since he has tinkered, performances and results have tailed off.

I'll never be a fan of managers playing players out of position. Change systems and tactics, but make them fit players in their natural positions.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2023, 11:21:32 PM »
Swift is a good player. A bit under-rated. Yes he is a bit languid at times but he has that touch of quality in his delivery.

I don't think we've seen the best of him at Albion yet but he still warrants a starting place IMO.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2023, 11:27:49 AM »
I’d like to see Swift back in along with BTA and rotation between those two and Rogic and Dike - it worked so well!

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2023, 04:59:59 PM »
Slows everything down way too much. A really poor signing who is overrated just because he came through a top club’s academy.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2023, 05:12:47 PM »
Slows everything down way too much. A really poor signing who is overrated just because he came through a top club’s academy.

Does he not have consistently good stats at this level? Much better than he has with us!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2023, 05:16:39 PM »
Does he not have consistently good stats at this level? Much better than he has with us!

There's something very wrong within the club and sadly I think we all know it's not going to change until the owner does.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2023, 05:22:09 PM »
The form recently has been dreadful. No individuals shine when the team plays like we are.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2023, 05:27:02 PM »
Big disappointment for me is the way he disappears in games but that could be said for majority of team but still thought he was better than he actually is.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2023, 08:26:43 PM »
There's something very wrong within the club and sadly I think we all know it's not going to change until the owner does.
But when I said all the iPhone protests and people asking for their money back would be off putting,I was told that it doesn’t affect professionals…so them knowing about our apparent financial doom will be having an impact,but noise ,moaning and chanting at a game won’t …strange?
Swift was one of the better ones today,his deliveries alone were outstanding .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2023, 08:30:27 PM »
But when I said all the iPhone protests and people asking for their money back would be off putting,I was told that it doesn’t affect professionals…so them knowing about our apparent financial doom will be having an impact,but noise ,moaning and chanting at a game won’t …strange?

I'm not on about protests. This is a club where everyone can get away with the bare minimum and some less than that. Eventually, slowly but surely it will get picked up on.

Swift is what Reading fans said he is, really inconsistent. As good as anyone in this league on his day and as bad as anyone in this league off it.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2023, 09:06:29 PM »
I'm not on about protests. This is a club where everyone can get away with the bare minimum and some less than that. Eventually, slowly but surely it will get picked up on.

Swift is what Reading fans said he is, really inconsistent. As good as anyone in this league on his day and as bad as anyone in this league off it.
Okay…but you said strange goings on behind the scenes and it won’t fix until the owner leaves…not connected?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2023, 09:06:39 PM »
I think Swift would be good in the NFL where you could just bring him on in dead ball situations as in all other areas he is becoming a complete passenger
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2023, 09:25:26 PM »
Okay…but you said strange goings on behind the scenes and it won’t fix until the owner leaves…not connected?

For the long term yes. Lai is the number 1 problem. He's created this environment.

I'm honestly not sure what you are saying.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2023, 11:43:09 AM »

Didn't appear to have an adverse effect on the player's form during the ten game run which saw us shooting up the table. If there's something rotten behind the scenes it's higher up the food chain than the torch on a mobile phone.

And if you are onto something then it just goes to highlight the mental fragility of our squad when they score two goals when a protest is going on outside the stadium without a torchlight in sight.

If Swift was one of yesterday's better players it goes to highlight how poor a number of the others were. And his set pieces deliveries were genuinely poor to put it politely as they have been for some time now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2023, 01:35:18 PM »

If Swift was one of yesterday's better players it goes to highlight how poor a number of the others were. And his set pieces deliveries were genuinely poor to put it politely as they have been for some time now.
Played a part in both the goals, and well taken pen at Rotherham. He is one of the few players we have who can spot and deliver a through pass.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure