Author Topic: Best atmosphere ever  (Read 15239 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Best atmosphere ever
« on: March 01, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
For me it was the Swansea play off semi final second leg, never ever felt or seen anything like it. Great escape and Palace were unforgetable but Swansea was a totally different level for me. To see the Brummie so full and everyobody to a man singing and jumping everywhere in unison was just awsome.

I am sure it is down to personal experiences on the day but that was mine.
Gera, Gera, Gera

mulumbuman

Re: Best atmosphere ever
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
I know its old now.
BUT WE NEED THE LIQUIDATOR BACK. :'(
When the players used to come out we used to pump them all up with singing that, and scare the opposition. :D
Now the team comes out to that rubbish song! :(
When everyone in the brummie and everywhere else for that matter used to sing, wee it was AMAZING

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:00:14 PM »
For me it was the Swansea play off semi final second leg, never ever felt or seen anything like it. Great escape and Palace were unforgetable but Swansea was a totally different level for me. To see the Brummie so full and everyobody to a man singing and jumping everywhere in unison was just awsome.

I am sure it is down to personal experiences on the day but that was mine.

And mine ...by a country mile , following this lot has given me some really bad and really good days out but none touch that night..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:24:36 AM by kris_boing »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
Swansea was great, but for gut wrenching, lump in your throat,sheer defiance in the face of overwhelming defeat, Bolton away in the play offs takes some beating.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
We've come out to insomnia for over ten years mulumbuman, since the east stand was built. Liquidator was played beforehand.

Prior to that the tannoy was so bad you couldn't tell but I keep thinking of armand van helden, you don't know me.
I only go for the beer.

simwba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:43:03 PM »
Born the year after Swansea, so for me it's gotta be Palace, Great Escape, or the Wolves Play-Off game
Forever Albion.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »
First Prem season, Liverpool at home losing 6-0 we were immense that day.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »
Due to my dad not being able to go to every game so i didnt have a season ticket till a few seasons back when i was "old enough" to go on my own, i have to say one of the best atmospheres for me was southampton at home, especially after we scored it was electric
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
First Prem season, Liverpool at home losing 6-0 we were immense that day.

Agreed.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »
Wolves away in the FA cup - 'Have you ever seen the south bank go boing boing!?' - Class day out.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
The Swansea home leg play off semi final will never be repeated.Those who have not experienced it should watch it.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Stampsey01

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
Mine would be at home to Cardiff a few seasons ago, we was 3-1 down and then the stadium was rocking...ended up with a 3-3 draw  8)
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.

BaggieBoyLee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »
Has to be the Great Escape or the 'Southbank' game for me.
"West Bromwich Albion; making the impossible - possible"

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Either the Great Escape, or the Crystal Palace promotion game tbh.

slimboyfat1972

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
Have to agree with the swansea game being the best atmosphere ever.

Although running it close for me was an fa cup tie against everton i think it was when Colin Anderson scored... I had the pleasure of travelling down 20 flights of stairs at the back of the brummie on the backs of hundreds...

Also Villa away on a night match when I think it was steve hunt eqalised for us.. We were so vocal that night and also so crushed in... Great days that i dont think will ever return..

Was great travelling the country on sealandair coaches.....

pointergeorge

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »
Wembley 1968

Cunningham

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »

Although running it close for me was an fa cup tie against everton i think it was when Colin Anderson scored...
I had the pleasure of travelling down 20 flights of stairs at the back of the brummie on the backs of hundreds...

Also Villa away on a night match when I think it was steve hunt eqalised for us.. We were so vocal that night and also so crushed in... Great days that i dont think will ever return..

Certainly since the late seventies / early eighties those two are easily the best atmospheres at the Hawthorns. For shear emotion the Swansea night edges it the whole place was mental that night not just inside the ground either the amount of tooting cars outside the ground was something I've never seen before or since.

I'd love to experience that again, that night nothing else in the world mattered.

gingernumpty

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
Privileged to be in the Brummie that night against Swansea.  It has never been matched for me and with standing gone probably never will be.  I live in hope of experiencing something simular and have the fantastic experience and memories.   Needed a new horn by the time I got back to the otherside of Oldbury after the match!

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »

Although running it close for me was an fa cup tie against everton i think it was when Colin Anderson scored... I had the pleasure of travelling down 20 flights of stairs at the back of the brummie on the backs of hundreds...

Remember all these games and I was in the Smethwick End for the Swansea game, what an atmosphere and without a roof. The Everton game I was in the Brummie, and the gates around the ground were locked at 2 o`clock. There were 32000 in the ground and an estimated 8000 locked out. When "Zico" Anderson scored with that header the ground erupted :o

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 12:32:58 AM »
Too many to mention...Notts Forest FA cup 1/4 final..Valencia EUFA cup...Man Utd FA Cup replay..all Villa games 70´s (especially night games)..Charlton at home to escape relegation. However, the Swansea game comes top. If there had been a roof on the away end at Boundary Park (Oldham) in 76, the decibal level would have been lethal. 8)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 07:22:22 AM »
easy 68 outside the town hall  :D  :-*

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
Just remembered the Wolves 3-2 when Bradley scored that worldy 30 yarder as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77or4_YK_qk
Gera, Gera, Gera

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »
Bradford away after Bails scored unbelieveable atmosphere.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »
peterborough away in the FA cup few years back, the terrace was rocking that day, atmosphere was immense for the whole game.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »
The Great Escape was awesome.

The Liverpool beating was also amazing, the way we continued to sing was incredible.