Author Topic: Anything Birmingham City  (Read 225484 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything Birmingham City
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2013, 01:06:25 AM »
Curtis "i was a big fish in a small pond at Albion" Davies?

No thanks.
That most probably makes him a Flounder then. ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
Baggie in Southampton

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: March 13, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »
Bring back the Kumars
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #603 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
Does anyone think Nathan Redmond could make it at the Albion ?
I personally dont think his work rate is good enough for the Prem ie Jason Koumas.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #604 on: March 29, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
Does anyone think Nathan Redmond could make it at the Albion ?
I personally dont think his work rate is good enough for the Prem ie Jason Koumas.

He's young.  His only fault at the moment is consistency which will come with experience.

He's the kind of player we need to replace Odemwingie and Thomas.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #605 on: March 30, 2013, 11:06:38 AM »
Blues have had a very strange season and still only seven points off the play-offs.

I still believe if they had gone for someone like McCarthy they would be in the playoffs even with all the off field problems.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
I am nowhere near been Lee Clark's biggest fan but you have to take your hat off to the incredible job he has done this season. The amount of ins and outs, one month loans, kids on loan and he has still given Blues fans an incredible finish in the league even with all the mayhem going on in the background.

Hughton got rave reviews for doing it last season and he had a much better squad.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #607 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
I cannot believe there isn't a thread for the most hilarious football club in all of Christendom.

Barely a day passes without something ridiculous happening down at the Sty.

Here are a few of this weeks latest offerings:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-city-fans-fury-were-3906041?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQhiuwow7A4

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:17:03 PM by OldburyWBA »

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #608 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
There is, but you have to dive down an awful long way.

Don't mind them myself, we have one thing in common.
I only go for the beer.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: May 22, 2013, 03:04:54 PM »
Don't mind Blues generally, don't mind them one bit when we're in different divisions.

There is, but you have to dive down an awful long way.

Don't mind them myself, we have one thing in common.

Two, they aren't too keen on the dingles either  ;)
Allllllll aboard

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #610 on: May 22, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
Nothing against the Blues. I only know one nose' and he's a decent lad.

Although that article is pretty funny!  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »
I cannot believe there isn't a thread for the most hilarious football club in all of Christendom.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-city-fans-fury-were-3906041?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I quite like them, your enemy's enemy and all that, and they are Birmingham from Birmingham, as opposed to Aston vile who actually reside in. witton.
We are pride of the midlands, and the city is theirs, all you've got is the past....and a ticket for wembley.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:17:34 PM by OldburyWBA »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #612 on: May 22, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
Ive never really had a problem with Blues even before I met my girlfriend. I get married to her next year lol.

She, her mom and sisters are season ticket holders so whenever one can't go and Albion are not playing, I normally get a free ticket to go up and watch them.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #613 on: May 22, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »

This is an ALBION forum.

You want to have a pop at Blues with your preferred name for them do it on your own site.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2013, 06:45:36 PM »

There is Stevie 'Seals watch - Anything Villa' there you go.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #615 on: May 22, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Which bit is not true then Viler.

You seem to have come back on here again since the nervous time with two games to go, shame you never finished 19th, you lot seemed to want that all season.

I have never heard the phrase/song "Pride of the Midlands" until eighteen months ago. You will have to provide me with your definition. Even when the Noses finished above us in 2003, I'd never heard It. It obviously doesn't mean winning trophies or doing anything worthwhile in the league. Midlands football is fairly limp at the moment and has been for a few years. I suppose what it really means, above being a mid-table side and record finishes since football was invented in 92, is finishing above the Villa.

But then that has always been the difference between you and the Noses; hence the cognomen "Bitter Baggie" or "Bitter Bird" that we often use to describe you. The Noses hate us with a passion and we feel the same, while so do the majority of your lot, yet there is a really bitterness to it as if we have snatched something from you. Perhaps that all this brief Pride of the Midlands malarkqy has come from? Jumping on the gratification of finishing above us (as you should, we've been a shambles for three years) however fleeting. Which is another reason to be bitter I guess.

You all hate us; from West Brom to Leicester to Coventry to the Noses. But its only the later that gets our ire and that hurts you too.

I quite like you myself. I have plenty of Albion friends, been to plenty of games (was it Bob Taylor getting on the end of an Andy Hunt cross at the Sty for a last minute win?) and that lack of hate makes you bitter as well.

I am not going to take the Noses comment seriously. I cannot believe even the biggest Titlon Road chimp would believe that.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
I have never heard the phrase/song "Pride of the Midlands" until eighteen months ago. You will have to provide me with your definition. Even when the Noses finished above us in 2003, I'd never heard It. It obviously doesn't mean winning trophies or doing anything worthwhile in the league. Midlands football is fairly limp at the moment and has been for a few years. I suppose what it really means, above being a mid-table side and record finishes since football was invented in 92, is finishing above the Villa.

But then that has always been the difference between you and the Noses; hence the cognomen "Bitter Baggie" or "Bitter Bird" that we often use to describe you. The Noses hate us with a passion and we feel the same, while so do the majority of your lot, yet there is a really bitterness to it as if we have snatched something from you. Perhaps that all this brief Pride of the Midlands malarkqy has come from? Jumping on the gratification of finishing above us (as you should, we've been a shambles for three years) however fleeting. Which is another reason to be bitter I guess.

You all hate us; from West Brom to Leicester to Coventry to the Noses. But its only the later that gets our ire and that hurts you too.

I quite like you myself. I have plenty of Albion friends, been to plenty of games (was it Bob Taylor getting on the end of an Andy Hunt cross at the Sty for a last minute win?) and that lack of hate makes you bitter as well.

I am not going to take the Noses comment seriously. I cannot believe even the biggest Titlon Road chimp would believe that.
Clearly b6 football must be limp, you're on a west brom forum talking about blues, wouldn't you're time be better spent chained to the railings singing about some bells whilst holding up (another )bed sheet begging nzogbia not to leave.

Re pride of the midlands, we started singing it when we were (still are) top dogs in the midlands , similar to when blues sang about you lot after winning their trophy (can't remember the manager :D) , but I'm sure you understand really seeing as you probably developed some nursery rhymes around 1983?, half a notts Forrest anyone?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #617 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:52 PM »
Small Heaths biggest trophy?
We've won it five times.

My memory is getting on my nerves here. I was sure it was Hunt that crossed the ball for Taylor? You'd been two down and it was the last minute. We were right at the front next to the Kop, hanging off the fences. Must have been 15-20 years ago.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #618 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
I haven't noticed as yet, anything in the form of congratulations to the Blues on their incredible result today. I'd like to feel that 'us Baggies' are a decent bunch and would offer an arm of congrats - after all, I think they've been through enough! Hope to see them in the Prem soon, and pray they take 6 points off the Dingles next season!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: May 03, 2014, 11:03:52 PM »
Well happy for the blues....congrats on staying up

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #620 on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:13 PM »
I haven't noticed as yet, anything in the form of congratulations to the Blues on their incredible result today. I'd like to feel that 'us Baggies' are a decent bunch and would offer an arm of congrats - after all, I think they've been through enough! Hope to see them in the Prem soon, and pray they take 6 points off the Dingles next season!

Theres a few posts in the Championship thread

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #621 on: May 03, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
Great news. I was jumping up and down when the equaliser went in. They don't deserve the the boardroom they've had.
Congrats to the noses

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2014, 11:10:59 PM »
Theres a few posts in the Championship thread

I stand corrected pal - you see I knew we're a decent bunch!!

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: May 04, 2014, 12:23:19 AM »
Stayed up due to a dive by the Leicester player against Doncaster.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #624 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:54 AM »
Stayed up due to a dive by the Leicester player against Doncaster.

After a coming together with a certain Gabby Tamas