Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by timdon on Yesterday at 09:46:45 PM »
I know they are not. But, and I get no pleasure from saying this, they are a better team than we are.
All of the top 4 are better teams than us. We'll have to play one of them  ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Brandon Thomas-Asante
« Last post by Atomic on Yesterday at 09:09:26 PM »
It’s called a figure of speech ,before you get your knickers in a twist ,im talking about championship standard players not”billions”of Sunday league and people who don’t play football etc!

I'll raise you Oli Burke or Ken Zohore then. Figure of speech or not it's still a silly and completely unjust comment. BTA is not a Gayle or a Rodriguez but his stats stack up OK alongside Austin and Robson-Kanu in recent years to give you examples.

Would we like better? Of course we would, we'd all like a Mitrovic but there are a lot out there far worse than BTA.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Last post by Standaman on Yesterday at 05:52:45 PM »
Faal and Taylor have to be in the squad next season at least as rotation options.
« Last post by luke.jones1234 on Yesterday at 05:45:23 PM »
Ridiculous comment of course he can be worse way worse. There are billions of people (literally) in the world worse footballers than Thomas - Asante.

I think some people need to learn some genuine perspective. BTA has scored over ten goals this season in the Championship. You try doing it.

It’s called a figure of speech ,before you get your knickers in a twist ,im talking about championship standard players not”billions”of Sunday league and people who don’t play football etc!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Blind Dave
« Last post by halifax_baggie on Yesterday at 05:13:18 PM »
Well deserved
« Last post by BagAlbion123 on Yesterday at 05:07:55 PM »
He's definitely not as bad as many are painting him.
An earlier poster said that he was a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer and I think that's correct.
He reminds me of Rondon in a number of ways, hold up play isn't the best at times, never shirks from doing the hard work; scores a few but misses plenty. Like Rondon the more time he has to think about a chance the less likely he is to score it. He's improved from last season and that's important.
I think some would be more appreciative of him if we'd been able to rotate him with either Dike or Maja (or both) but we haven't.

You've hit the nail on the head there, as a squad player he's perfect and it's just the brunt of the responsibility has fallen on him and I think I was harsh on him earlier in this thread, he's had to muster the majority of the striking this season and he obvious is limited in ability but I can never say he's not given 100% ever.

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Atmosphere at Home Games
« Last post by BagAlbion123 on Yesterday at 05:04:00 PM »
Preston ticks booked! Blimey left it late almost sold out picked my usual corner brummie last game of the season spot!

The Spurs game season we went down still lives long in the memory, first time I truly seen the Hawthorns like that (was too young to remember great escape) what a day that was!
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Yesterday at 02:58:22 PM »
Agreed, it seems difficult for some to accept he is a very decent striker at this level, a bargain for what we paid for him and also not a world beater either. I have no complaints with BTA, his goal output is decent and consistent, and his work rate is top notch.

He's definitely not as bad as many are painting him.
An earlier poster said that he was a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer and I think that's correct.
He reminds me of Rondon in a number of ways, hold up play isn't the best at times, never shirks from doing the hard work; scores a few but misses plenty. Like Rondon the more time he has to think about a chance the less likely he is to score it. He's improved from last season and that's important.
I think some would be more appreciative of him if we'd been able to rotate him with either Dike or Maja (or both) but we haven't.
« Last post by caravanc58 on Yesterday at 02:52:53 PM »
Agreed, it seems difficult for some to accept he is a very decent striker at this level, a bargain for what we paid for him and also not a world beater either. I have no complaints with BTA, his goal output is decent and consistent, and his work rate is top notch.
Whilst not in the same league as Superbob he cost us the same transfer fee of £300k 32 years ago. 100% Asante is a bargain.inflation ay 😂
« Last post by baggie82 on Yesterday at 02:35:12 PM »
Ridiculous comment of course he can be worse way worse. There are billions of people (literally) in the world worse footballers than Thomas - Asante.

I think some people need to learn some genuine perspective. BTA has scored over ten goals this season in the Championship. You try doing it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10