Author Topic: 14 Dec 2018 Sheffield United 1 Albion 2  (Read 39076 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
people get way too emotive in that in game chat. Average first half nothing worse than that, second half we were magnificent such intelligent play. Barry was outstanding.

I totally agree Atomic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I honestly find many of the comments on the in game chat absolutely cringeworthy. Not only should DM be sacked but his gradual disappearance from management were among the comments that shocked me.
The guy is doing well and we must never underestimate the task he had in terms of turning around a team that only knew one way of playing.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
I totally agree Atomic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I honestly find many of the comments on the in game chat absolutely cringeworthy. Not only should DM be sacked but his gradual disappearance from management were among the comments that shocked me.
The guy is doing well and we must never underestimate the task he had in terms of turning around a team that only knew one way of playing.

Stating the obvious I know, but extreme negative and positive comments are in the DNA of every football fan and we should not be surprised to read what some consider “cringe worthy”, which I admit to having sympathy with.

We want our team to win, to do well and to be successful. Football, as we all know, is a game of passions and emotions that involves boarding a rollercoaster, otherwise referred to as a "football match". Fans operate at extremes when onboard this rollercoaster; they travel along a track or continuum of pessimism at one end and optimism at the other end during the match. There are "ups and downs" and, at times they experience either irrational pessimism or optimism and every point in between because of their desire for the team to win. There are occasions when the "ups and downs" even themselves out during the course of the match and the normative is restored by the end of it if we have won, as we did last night. 

I think that in the cold light of day, many of the extreme negative and positive comments some posters make are tempered by a post realism and a more forensic analysis of the game. Of course fans have deep seated opinions, value systems, beliefs and views and that goes for both negative and positive types.  These affect their perception of a player or a head coach and that perception will only change over time with their perceived contribution, or otherwise, that the player of head coach is having on the success of the team.

So, take it all with a pinch of salt, it happens in the heat of the battle and challenge it if you need to, but always remember we are passionate fans and sometimes the passion is overtakes the logic and can be “cringe worthy”, but it is, invariable, a passing, but recurring  phase.  :D

I’m sure the following saying is a well recited mantra for many a player, head coach and manager et al.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time”

COYB!!!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2018, 04:10:56 PM »
Well that was a great, GREAT away day, a bloody cold away day too but eased by a vociferous following of passionate Baggies so a big well done to all my fellow travelers yesterday to the frozen North (GoT reference there ;) ). Once the equaliser went in the eventual outcome was never really in doubt and that was a cracking move to end with the winner. I must also acknowledge our excellent game management from that point onward, we made them run themselves ragged chasing the ball to try and get it back and quite happily took the ball into both corners regularly to wind down the clock 
Only downside was their miserable stewards enjoying chucking out some old geezer who had over celebrated and encroached on to the hard standing in front of the stand after the winner
COYB   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:20:53 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2018, 12:48:55 AM »
Still buzzing from this result. We stayed in the game. Scored with our first real
Chance the manager made some tweaks at halftime we came out and stayed well on top.

Team and Darren Moore deserve huge credit. All about going to Rotherham now and bringing another 3 points home. The only thing missing really at the moment is some clean sheets. Especially at home when we're are more likely to be in control of a game
O Albion we love you

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »
Great result.  After about 35 mins Sheffield United seemed to run out of puff which allowed us into the game.  Thought Gibbs was class trapping desperation balls slung across to him at all heights and angles and making good overlapping runs down the left.  Still think J-Rod is playing a useful role often helping out as a fourth midfielder; this is important as Barnes and Gayle do not track back a great deal. 
In the second half, Barry seemed to more to centre of the midfield; their pressing wasn't so intensive and our backs were more comfortable.  We didn't win the ball in the air very often but were chasing up where the defender headed it.
  Thought DM should have brought Harper on rather than Brunt and 5 minutes earlier.
Wilder is a good manager given the squad he's got.  I would only swap Basham and Duffy from that lot.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes