Author Topic: Rayhaan Tulloch  (Read 26619 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Rayhaan Tulloch
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 10:14:48 PM »
Hopefully a few minutes today will convince him his future lies here. If he can see Bilic will give him a chance, he might see a path, even if it hasn't been planned out for him.

He isn't good enough for the level we are at or going however that's not to say he wont be. But he needs first team football we need to get him out to a league two club before the window closes
O Albion we love you

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
I thought he looked very tidy and  quite strong actually, wasted some minutes well in the corner
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »
I thought he looked very tidy and  quite strong actually, wasted some minutes well in the corner

SNAP
He's seems to have a head on his shoulders which for one so young is a big plus.
I'm sure Slav will loan him out to a team like Charlton if he thinks that thats the best way forward for him.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »
Just need to get him signed up otherwise a loan could mean yesterday was the last we see of him.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:39 PM »
SNAP
He's seems to have a head on his shoulders which for one so young is a big plus.
I'm sure Slav will loan him out to a team like Charlton if he thinks that thats the best way forward for him.

Yep another SNAP  from me.
Only saw him for a few minutes but he showed some nice touches and used his head when we were on the back foot.
Hope he signs personally
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 01:44:33 PM »
Did really well yesterday holding the ball whilst we were down to 10 despite his small stature - he also had great presence of mind to not force the issue and actually take it to the corner to waste the time in the first place.

Linked up well with Edwards for the chance we had near the end of the game too.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »
Must keep him a star in the making I think.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Keeping him is looking unlikely according to The Athletic today.

Another of Albion’s highly-rated academy graduates, Rayhaan Tulloch, made his fourth appearance for the club on Saturday but is currently less likely than Edwards to still be at The Hawthorns next season.

The 19-year-old, a product of the same youth team — Phoenix United — that produced Saido Berahino, Nathan Ferguson and Jerome Sinclair, is set to be out of contract in the summer but has yet to agree an extension.

The Athletic understands colleagues currently expect Tulloch to leave as a free agent.

Albion would receive a fee for him, probably one decided by a tribunal, if he joins another English club but could receive only a standard compensation amount if he moves to Scotland or mainland Europe

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »
He's probably better leaving for the sake of his career.

I don't see a scenario where he will play any minutes for us in the league - especially if we are promoted.

I would have thought we might have loaned him out now, but seemingly not.

He should take one look at Harper and swerve it.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2020, 02:06:08 PM »

I don't see a scenario where he will play any minutes for us in the league - especially if we are promoted.

I agree, much like Chris Wood at the time, he wasn’t good enough for our first team and had to leave to develop into the premier league player he is now
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2020, 02:36:05 PM »
I agree, much like Chris Wood at the time, he wasn’t good enough for our first team and had to leave to develop into the premier league player he is now

We should offer him a new contract now, with a guarantee that he’ll be loaned out next season if we go up, or will be a regular if we are still in the Championship.

Alternatively I’d pay him £250k now to sign a contractual undertaking to only sign Gus an English club if he leaves in the summer as a free agent.  That way we’d be guaranteed to pick up a couple of million in compensation.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2020, 03:14:40 PM »

thing i dont get is so many are saying about look how harpers situation has changed since he signed but do those people ever think why?

hes played in both cups and been poor and bilic had hinted that the levels of his training were not up to standard.

there is an opportunity here under bilic to get into the squad but without performance and training levels people cant expect to just walk in.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2020, 07:31:28 PM »

thing i dont get is so many are saying about look how harpers situation has changed since he signed but do those people ever think why?

hes played in both cups and been poor and bilic had hinted that the levels of his training were not up to standard.

there is an opportunity here under bilic to get into the squad but without performance and training levels people cant expect to just walk in.
Ref Harper I think we have to say (and everybody does it) that billic has favourites and for him to dislodge Livermore/sawyers is nigh on impossible .
In terms of Tulloch...we may all think that staying and loans are better for his career, however if he is being told he will play....managed by stevie g and wages x5 overnight....add in the fact that he will almost certainly win trophies ....you would wouldn’t ya?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »
Ref Harper I think we have to say (and everybody does it) that billic has favourites and for him to dislodge Livermore/sawyers is nigh on impossible .
In terms of Tulloch...we may all think that staying and loans are better for his career, however if he is being told he will play....managed by stevie g and wages x5 overnight....add in the fact that he will almost certainly win trophies ....you would wouldn’t ya?

Not going to dislodge them when he’s played in both cups and been rubbish and training poorly according to Bilic.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2020, 08:06:31 PM »

Not going to dislodge them when he’s played in both cups and been rubbish and training poorly according to Bilic.
How good would he have to be in training to dislodge either of them?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »
Should be retained and loaned out this window.
Many other clubs tie kids down then send them out on loan
O Albion we love you

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »
Haven't seen any discussion on Tulloch signing a new contract: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/july/tulloch-pens-long-term-albion-contract/

Obviously we wanted to keep him so this is good news. The next step for us is providing these players with a payhway to the first team, something we haven't been great at traditionally. In the next year or two, he has to be out on loan playing a full season with the intention of him being a bona fide first team option for us the following season.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2020, 11:15:56 AM »
Haven't seen any discussion on Tulloch signing a new contract: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/july/tulloch-pens-long-term-albion-contract/

Obviously we wanted to keep him so this is good news. The next step for us is providing these players with a payhway to the first team, something we haven't been great at traditionally. In the next year or two, he has to be out on loan playing a full season with the intention of him being a bona fide first team option for us the following season.

I think a lot of the chat about Rayhaan signing a new contract was in the Under 23's thread, in the link below  :)

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=8657.1550

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2020, 11:40:37 AM »
Tulloch needs experience and game time. The next stage is a loan move but he needs to develop into a defined role so he can fill a gap in the first team squad when in it occurs. i.e. is he a 10, a 9 or a wide attacker? It doesn't matter at this point but in the not too distant future it will.

Harper hasn't had a lot of game time this year and one might think that his development has stalled but in a way his role has become clearer. He is going to develop as an 8 and his last two outings showed that is how Bilic sees him. Having made that transition he can now go out on loan as part of his development but as clearly defined player to a team that plays with that role and has a gap on their squad that Harper can plug. 

Developing a clear role rather than being a kid who is a bit useful is key to progress.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2020, 07:43:51 PM »
Surely this guy can't actually be worse than HRK and Austin? At least worth trialling in the QPR game in preparation for the play offs because we have absolutely no chance unless we find a magical source of goals - or at least some kind of talent - up front.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2020, 08:48:57 PM »
Play him in play offs better than the dross Bilic insists on playing

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
I’d back giving him a go. If we won’t play Zohore then it’s Tillich. Kanu and Austin were hopeless today

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2020, 09:28:31 PM »
Interesting I was talking to a villa u23 player today and he said Tulloch ripped them apart
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2020, 08:47:04 AM »
I'd be worried throwing him in such a high pressure game with his total lack of experience.

I don't see that Zohore offers anything so he could be on the bench at th expense of him but that said i don't think he was even on the bench last Friday

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2020, 09:14:07 AM »
You can’t play a young kid who has zero first team experience in a game of this size . It could make or break his career. Unfair to throw him in .