Author Topic: Taylor Gardner-Hickman joins Bristol City  (Read 68166 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Taylor Gardner-Hickman
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2021, 11:55:15 AM »
This may have caused the penny to drop with the club and if so, something good has risen from the shambles

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/12/29/west-brom-academy-manager-explains-louie-barry-transfer-blunder/

Delighted Taylor has chosen to stay and develop his career with us, now give the lad more game time please
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2021, 11:58:04 AM »
Nice comments from Val - he’ll just continue to make a rod for his own back if he fails to use him again.

I thought that. Val spoke as if his emergence was due to something VI himself had enabled. Strange guy. He only picks the young players if he has to.

bosh

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2021, 12:48:06 PM »
With this good news, hope it means that TGH is hearing positive things in the background.  I can live in hope.

Lara Crofts Butler

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2021, 02:34:29 PM »
It's very good news to hear that he has signed the contract.  I do feel many of our fan base over hype his performances out of desperation to see one of our own do well, but I think given his age and experience he has given a very good account of himself and puts the effort in each time he plays.  I really hope he continues to develop, I have a feeling we may have some troubling seasons ahead of us compared to what we've been used too and homegrown talent could be the way out of that.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »
Just as I was losing all hope and interest in the club they do this, well done the club now lets see a few more and yes he needs to start games NOW!
Gera, Gera, Gera

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2021, 07:18:57 PM »
Best news for a while for us.
He has committed we cant lose him he knows he is backed nkw there is no reason for him not to play instead of furlong (who is very out of form)
O Albion we love you

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2022, 03:22:24 PM »
I thought TGH was excellent in CM for us on Saturday , I really like to see a extended run in the role .
He looks a natural footballer to me , wouldn't be surprised if big clubs start paying attention.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2022, 04:18:29 PM »
I thought TGH was excellent in CM for us on Saturday , I really like to see a extended run in the role .
He looks a natural footballer to me , wouldn't be surprised if big clubs start paying attention.

He needs to stop giving the ball away. That's his next step. Twice on Saturday Brighton broke on us because of loose passes by TGH.

TGH ia a very talented lad with a lot of natural ability but he's young, inexperienced and will make mistakes.I wouldn't say he was excellent on Saturday, he was OK, decent enough but his performance wasn't exceptional.

I like the way he looks forward first chance he gets, he's got good energy, an eye for a pass and he thinks quickly. As I say he needs to just take a little bit more care with his passing, especially when playing sideways balls because when they get intercepted opponents can run at our centre halves and cause us problems.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2022, 04:22:58 PM »
I am also of the mind that TGH might be better, in the sense of a more effective option, for us at CM than at Wingback. Both times he has been used in the centre he has done well and showed a range of skills, greater perhaps than those required as a Wingback.  By no means the finished article, and needs to take a little more care with his passing, but a very good prospect at CM if allowed to learn the role and develop properly.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »
I am also of the mind that TGH might be better, in the sense of a more effective option, for us at CM than at Wingback. Both times he has been used in the centre he has done well and showed a range of skills, greater perhaps than those required as a Wingback.  By no means the finished article, and needs to take a little more care with his passing, but a very good prospect at CM if allowed to learn the role and develop properly.

I initially thought of him as a wing back but am coming round to him as a central midfielder. Our best performance recently was probably Coventry away when TGH and Mowatt were in CM. Its the best Mowatt has played for a while as well as the more defensive option of the two. I would like to see more of this combination and see how it works over a period of time.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2022, 04:31:39 PM »
He needs to stop giving the ball away. That's his next step. Twice on Saturday Brighton broke on us because of loose passes by TGH.

TGH ia a very talented lad with a lot of natural ability but he's young, inexperienced and will make mistakes.I wouldn't say he was excellent on Saturday, he was OK, decent enough but his performance wasn't exceptional.

I like the way he looks forward first chance he gets, he's got good energy, an eye for a pass and he thinks quickly. As I say he needs to just take a little bit more care with his passing, especially when playing sideways balls because when they get intercepted opponents can run at our centre halves and cause us problems.
I get what your saying but I wonder if he amongst others is encouraged to keep the ball moving quickly preferably forward rather than taking time and having a look around. I think the style Val wants is all about mounting attacks quickly whether that's long balls or stringing 4 or 5 passes together. It's inevitable that if players get rid of the ball quickly there's more chance of something going astray.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »
I get what your saying but I wonder if he amongst others is encouraged to keep the ball moving quickly preferably forward rather than taking time and having a look around. I think the style Val wants is all about mounting attacks quickly whether that's long balls or stringing 4 or 5 passes together. It's inevitable that if players get rid of the ball quickly there's more chance of something going astray.

I think there's some truth in that but if you are playing square balls infield you can't afford to give it away. If you play early forward passes and you give the ball away it isn't usually so dangerous unless the team is out of shape at the time.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2022, 08:42:34 PM »
Think he is worth another start at CM
O Albion we love you

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2022, 09:32:42 AM »
Think he is worth another start at CM

For me its where he will eventually pkay on a regular basis.  He has lots to learn but is good enough to learn in our first team.  Its a risk, as he will make mistakes, but one with massive potential benefits.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2022, 12:51:31 PM »
I initially thought of him as a wing back but am coming round to him as a central midfielder. Our best performance recently was probably Coventry away when TGH and Mowatt were in CM. Its the best Mowatt has played for a while as well as the more defensive option of the two. I would like to see more of this combination and see how it works over a period of time.

Agree with this. I do wonder if Mowatt was more defensive by design or just down to game state. That was a rare game where we seemed to attack and progress the ball down the right more than the left. Is Ismael's scheme, if the ball is on the right the rcm will join in and the lcm tuck in deeper and centrally and visa versa.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2022, 12:57:50 PM »
More hope than anything, but if TGH could become a central midfielder and Ethan Ingram could make strides over the next 12 months, that would be great for us. 

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2022, 06:16:38 AM »
Very interested to hear how he got on yesterday and right wing back. The only games I've seen him in the flesh this season have been when he has played central midfield.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2022, 06:40:27 AM »
He wasn’t good, but who looks good under our current manager?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »
He wasn’t good, but who looks good under our current manager?

Only O'Shea looked good. Everyone else has gone backwards to me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2022, 09:06:08 AM »
He’s a work in progress in my opinion. One with lots of potential. Not all down to the manager but never mind.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2022, 01:45:42 PM »
He was no better or worse than the others.

We really need to determine what his position is - I’m not sure that’s at RWB.

For me, I think I’d rather see him centrally given his qualities on the ball.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2022, 01:50:20 PM »
I agree with Liam, he's better in CM for me than RWB.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2022, 02:04:22 PM »
I thought he played Ok yesterday. Took one chance too many early second half and one poor cross when in a good position first half but other than that was sound. He sees the game in his head quickly.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2022, 07:20:56 PM »
He was no better or worse than the others.

We really need to determine what his position is - I’m not sure that’s at RWB.

For me, I think I’d rather see him centrally given his qualities on the ball.
Would agree with this , think he brings much more to the table at CM .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2022, 08:05:06 PM »
Good option at RWB howver he looked far more accomplished in central midfield.
O Albion we love you