Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 173102 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #850 on: December 30, 2021, 03:57:54 PM »
have you got a brother? Makes it all moot if not !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
have you got a brother? Makes it all moot if not !

Yes, I did have, he passed away in 1999, and was the biggest Baggies fan ever, home and away!

COYB!!!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
Yes, I did have, he passed away in 1999, and was the biggest Baggies fan ever, home and away!

COYB!!!!

Sorry if that was insensitive,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2021, 04:14:07 PM »
I agree with many of your posts John, it must be an age thing  ;)

Well yes, I'd imagine it is, every generation has it's values, I still have reasonable recall, & can remember when my spirit of adventure wasn't shackled by experience.
It's unlikely I'd ever say don't to anyone, but I'd feel obliged to point out the risks.

:)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
Sorry if that was insensitive,

Please, don't be sorry, it's not a problem for me, it was a reasonable question to ask and my brother would have loved the debate and banter on here
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #855 on: December 30, 2021, 04:49:13 PM »
Can we bring this back to Callum Robinson, please?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #856 on: December 30, 2021, 07:29:25 PM »
I quite like the Callum Robinson song but then I'm a big fan of the Lemonheads who did a very acceptable cover of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel's original 'Mrs. Robinson'. I really liked the original version too.

I also preferred the incarnation of Callum Robinson we had earlier in the season who was quite obviously borrowing his kit. Or Callum himself may have been borrowing the current cover version's kit in previous times.

I don't know but either way his song's still great if not entirely accurate (in my opinion) as I don't actually love him, and acknowledge he's actually pretty bloody infuriating at times.

I don't want his children by the way but I would imagine he'd want mine as I'm a thoroughly charming if slightly irritating Alpha Male. Happy to get the ball rolling about Callum Robinson again  ;D .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:42:48 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #857 on: December 30, 2021, 07:48:09 PM »
I just wish he was a bit braver and had more 'bottle' so tired of seeing him pull out of challenges or making sure he arrives at a potential challenge too late.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #858 on: December 30, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »
Nothing is vindicated on one game.

A footballers career is judged by his overall performance and level of it on a consistent basis. These are pros they are all capable of a good day when everything comes off and they look better than what they consistently are.

I don't say any made their debut too young. Kids have to be given a chance. Some then make it, some don't. I've seen enough of TGH to think he will make it. Yes his game is a bit loose at times but that will naturally improve with experience but he's good technically, he thinks very quickly which is absolutely enormous for a footballer at this sort of level, has good temperament and an excellent footballing brain.

Fellows was very good at Derby but I'm not judging him or anyone else on a 15 minute cameo. Exception Harvey Barnes who I knew was PL class literally after about 5 mins of his debut for us v Coventry in a pre season  friendly.
Nowt to do with football. Thanks for using the word 'loose' properly.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #859 on: December 31, 2021, 12:37:15 AM »
Anyone like to say which of our first team forwards merits a starting place given their performances this season ? In my opinion none of them .

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #860 on: December 31, 2021, 12:51:45 AM »
I think the top scorer with a number of assists may disagree.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #861 on: January 16, 2022, 09:34:20 AM »
Any one seen a clip anywhere of lionheart's most recent ducking out of a challenge?

Perhaps there is a compilation somewhere as I seem to remember quite a few of them
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #862 on: January 16, 2022, 09:42:43 AM »
Yesterday showed you why he’d never feature for Wilder.

He’s a decent player in a certain system but he’s never going to do the dirty stuffI’m afraid.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #863 on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:28 AM »
I don't think we got a card yesterday, perhaps they've been told to back off for a few games until we get our suspended players back.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #864 on: February 20, 2022, 06:59:59 AM »
I would guess he has no interesting in starting a football match for WBA.

- Doesn't like any sore of pressure / adversity / heart size of a pea.
- Doesn't want to be blamed for the ongoing crisis.
- Seems to be interested on the rare occasion we score first.

If you are the Manager do you force him to start or let him have his own way?

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #865 on: February 21, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »
Got the Villa academy chip on his shoulder.

Offers little apart from nice 10 yard passes, has a weak shot. Be a luxury player for a League 1 side.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #866 on: April 06, 2022, 10:52:54 PM »
Can anyone put more meat on the bones from what I’ve heard tonight that he was smirking/smiling when Taylor scored his pen on Sunday? Not seen a pic or video

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #867 on: April 06, 2022, 11:07:50 PM »
Can anyone put more meat on the bones from what I’ve heard tonight that he was smirking/smiling when Taylor scored his pen on Sunday? Not seen a pic or video

I believe that was Grant, not Robinson.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #868 on: April 06, 2022, 11:30:21 PM »
To be fair that could easily just be sarcastic type stuff seeing as the handball didn't go our way first half but theirs did.  I wouldn't read anything into it.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #869 on: April 07, 2022, 11:31:52 AM »
I’d be getting rid of him in summer along with Grant two player’s who can’t even run up a sweat.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #870 on: April 07, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »
I don’t think he brings much to the party to be honest. Had the perfect chance to square the ball to Carroll last night who was in acres of space but chose to be the hero and failed.
MAGA!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #871 on: April 07, 2022, 11:45:52 AM »
yes agree, time to get rid of him for either an actual centre forward or attacking midfielder. He swans around as though he's Messi at times and admires his own passes instead of working to get into good positions.

He's not a bad squad player but I presume his wages are at a point where he should be playing regularly or his salary should be better used elsewhere.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #872 on: April 11, 2022, 01:08:51 PM »
It really has been a difficult season in terms of trying to "like" any/most of the people in this squad and unfortunatly Robinson is one of the main problem players for this.

Comes accross as a bit of a snake to me tbh, more than happy to come accross to us and look like he gives a flying damn when all is going well, but disappears like a ghost the moment any kind of pressure is applied to this team; switches in an instant to a player who literally looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on the pitch, backing out of challenges, stops running if he has to go more than a few yards etc.

The low level booing he now gets when he gets subbed on; whilst maybe somewhat harsh (don't mind at the end of a game, but not during, for me); tells you that people have already sussed this guy out and for me the relationship between player and fans is already unretrievable.

I'd love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and get his head down now, but I somehow doubt it will ever happen.

One of the "core" group I'd like to see moved along if possible, but no doubt he is on a contract that just can't; or more precisely won't; be matched by most/any other teams, so will be difficult to shift him in the summer.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Baltic

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #873 on: April 11, 2022, 01:30:30 PM »
Part of our £40m+ left winger club, none of which are fully fit for purpose.

Robinson is quite easy to like as he plays with a smile on his face and shows flashes of skill and technique. Unfortunately, flashes do not make a player and certainly do not justify his fee and wages.

He's not quick enough to play wide, not brave enough to play upfront, so he's going to be a squad player at best and on that basis I think we need to try and move him on.  His contract is partly depreciated so probably we won't take a hit if we get £3-£5m.  As he is a good age, I think we might get it from a bottom half Championship club, fingers crossed.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #874 on: April 11, 2022, 04:10:31 PM »
It really has been a difficult season in terms of trying to "like" any/most of the people in this squad and unfortunatly Robinson is one of the main problem players for this.

Comes accross as a bit of a snake to me tbh, more than happy to come accross to us and look like he gives a flying damn when all is going well, but disappears like a ghost the moment any kind of pressure is applied to this team; switches in an instant to a player who literally looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on the pitch, backing out of challenges, stops running if he has to go more than a few yards etc.

The low level booing he now gets when he gets subbed on; whilst maybe somewhat harsh (don't mind at the end of a game, but not during, for me); tells you that people have already sussed this guy out and for me the relationship between player and fans is already unretrievable.

I'd love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and get his head down now, but I somehow doubt it will ever happen.

One of the "core" group I'd like to see moved along if possible, but no doubt he is on a contract that just can't; or more precisely won't; be matched by most/any other teams, so will be difficult to shift him in the summer.
Has more assists this season than Mowatt, Phillips, Diangana, Reach and Molumby put together. All of these need to be moved on before Robinson.