Author Topic: Matchday travel and parking  (Read 9659 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Matchday travel and parking
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »
Cricketers is my pub of choice , busy but not rammed , easy walk alongside metro
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2021, 05:27:05 PM »
Cricketers is my pub of choice , busy but not rammed , easy walk alongside metro

Been there a couple of times en route to the function hall over the road. An evening with some of the Great Escape squad and a charity function. Haven't used it on a match day in years. Might even let Liam buy me a pint if he's knocking about, I'm good like that  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »
Been there a couple of times en route to the function hall over the road. An evening with some of the Great Escape squad and a charity function. Haven't used it on a match day in years. Might even let Liam buy me a pint if he's knocking about, I'm good like that  ;D .

I am a frequent user of the cricketers on a match day as hard to beat points out it is not too rammed and therefore allows one to soak a few pints of chemical pop.

And for the avoidance of doubt, should you see me knocking about then I will still not dip my hands into my pocket.

I haven’t bought you a pint in 12 years and I have no intention of starting now.  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 06:47:53 PM »
Is the island "club" by the Crick's still operating ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 06:58:25 PM »
Is the island "club" by the Crick's still operating ?

Yeah that’s still open - it has been refurbished too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2021, 07:43:09 AM »
Pushed for time so I can't copy and paste the whole article, but the Metro delays may take significantly longer than a month to sort given the tram carriages were supplied by the same company used by Sydney Australia's Metro.........

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/sydney-suspends-trams-made-same-22168033.amp

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »
West Midlands Railway will have to up their game on making sure trains run on time and supplying more carriages on trains that do run. :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2021, 10:59:10 AM »
West Midlands Railway will have to up their game on making sure trains run on time and supplying more carriages on trains that do run. :o

They've been promising to do that since Stephenson's Rocket trundled down the track. Most of the rail services now are over priced and not fit for purpose.
Clean the trains up, get them to run on time and make them more affordable and people will use them.
Same for the rest of public transport, clean it up for gods sake.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2021, 07:22:57 PM »
It would be nice if the trains actually bloody well turned up when they are timetabled to!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
I look forward to public transport arrangements for Notts Forest. No excuses, plenty of time to arrange additional services for 74, 79 routes on the night.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2021, 08:55:33 PM »
Ok - I’m coming up from London for the Forest game, arriving into New Street around 5pm.   First time since COVID broke out.   No tram, so what’s the best way to get to/from the ground? Am in hospitality so don’t want to miss that!

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
Ok - I’m coming up from London for the Forest game, arriving into New Street around 5pm.   First time since COVID broke out.   No tram, so what’s the best way to get to/from the ground? Am in hospitality so don’t want to miss that!
taxi or 74 bus your main options

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2021, 09:49:32 PM »

Walk to Moot Street and get the train to The Hawthorns station, takes about 10 minutes.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2021, 10:09:07 PM »
taxi or 74 bus your main options

Great thanks.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2021, 10:09:31 PM »
Walk to Moot Street and get the train to The Hawthorns station, takes about 10 minutes.

Thanks. I’ll look into that

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2021, 05:10:35 AM »
Thanks. I’ll look into that
Just for clarity there's a typo there - it's Moor Street (or Snow Hill) for the train to the Hawthorns station but word of warning, the train service has been awful recently with trains cancelled on a regular basis. Best bit of advice is that whatever method you choose is go early and most of all have a great time!
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »

Re trains. You can also catch the Wolverhampton train from New Street and get off at either Rolfe Street or Galton Bridge (service depending) , it's about a miles walk from either if going directly to the ground. If you fancy a drink there are several choices pub wise in Smethwick.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2021, 04:21:35 PM »
Regarding Buses on Saturdays and Sundays Green Bus operate a semi fast Metro replacement bus stopping at Birmingham, Jewellery Quarter, The Hawthorns, West Bromwich, Black Lake, Wednesbury not sure if it is Parkway or Great Western, Bilston, Preistfeild and Wolverhampton Bus Station for Wolverhampton St Georges. For non weekends NXWM services 16,74,79 and 101. As I get the from Darlaston to Wolverhampton on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at around 7-9AM and then 3PM-5PM all of the buses I have caught have been rammed with me having to stand for half an hour on the 17:45PM from Wolverhampton it appears many passengers for the tram are getting the 79 all the way to West Bromwich then getting on the 74. If you live in Wednesbury You can get other buses to West Brom 40 via Friar Park and the 47 Via Hateley Heath. There is talks that NXWM might either temporarily extend the 79 back to Birmingham or run a 79A to Birmingham or are thinking of a Metro replacement that follows the Tram for Weekdays with normal support for Weekends when Green Bus operate it. I've also heard some of the new Trams they have might run a shuttle service in Birmingham and Wolverhampton but on Matchdays they might run it the whole line. There are also talks the old Trams that these replaced those that are in Storage might be used briefly. All that I know is the buses are going to be rammed and there is a blockade on the Brum to Wolves line at Tipton and some of those trains mostly WMR get cancelled. You can travel between Brum and Wolves with a Metro ticket on WMR, Aventi, CrossCountry and TFW. I do know that Avanti sometimes stop at Sandwell and Dudley then you can get NXWM 4,4H,4M,3,3A and Diamond 4 and 4H to West Brom from there. This metro work also means from what I have seen in Wolvo they are either relaying the Track or the casing for it saw it on Wednesday on the extension to the Train Station by St Georges.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »
Don't think match day travel will be a concern for me. not for a long time