Author Topic: Louie Barry  (Read 93377 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Louie Barry
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »
Read that quick and thought it was Gareth Barry ;D.
Good to see club doing the most they can quickly.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
i think he's gareth barry's grandson isnt he?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:32:27 PM »
i think he's gareth barry's grandson isnt he?
Blimey, I know Gareth Barry's been around for a while, but Grandad? :o
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
Blimey, I know Gareth Barry's been around for a while, but Grandad? :o

I believe Doobuy is pulling yeah leg and being sarcastic about the age difference between the two my friend  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:53:17 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
I believe Doobuy is pulling yeah leg and being sarcastic about the age difference between the two my friend  ;D
Must be losing my sense of irony. Either that, or dementia is starting to set in   :(
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »
Hope his dad's name Barry, like Neville Neville.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »
It seems the only way to stop our promising youth players being poached is to give them a lucrative professional contact as soon as we are able to.  ::)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 02:07:17 PM »
It seems the only way to stop our promising youth players being poached is to give them a lucrative professional contact as soon as we are able to.  ::)

In the clubs defence, Barry is considered as one of the most promising youngsters in Europe. Barca and other big clubs are interested in him, we would be stupid to not offer him a decent deal.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 02:28:48 PM »
Would love to see him just burst onto the scene and start banging them in

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »
In the clubs defence, Barry is considered as one of the most promising youngsters in Europe. Barca and other big clubs are interested in him, we would be stupid to not offer him a decent deal.
I'm not criticising the club - I'm criticising the ease with which 'big' clubs can poach players - players that we have invested a lot of time and money nurturing.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
Exclusive: PSG in advanced talks to sign West Brom player

Hope we can hold onto the lad, but this must be a temptation to him

Source: https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-psg-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-west-brom-player/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »
It's a blow for the academy if we lose Barry but if we are being honest he does seem to be an exceptional talent and you cant blame the lad for wanting to go to PSG/Barca in all honesty, would be pretty much every 16 year olds dream to be wanted by Barca etc.

Just hope the club he does choose to go to have a clear plan in developing him as a player and there is a progression path for him.

Not sure on how it works with players of this age but would we be able to demand a sell on clause to be included should he move away?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 10:24:11 AM »
It's a blow for the academy if we lose Barry but if we are being honest he does seem to be an exceptional talent and you cant blame the lad for wanting to go to PSG/Barca in all honesty, would be pretty much every 16 year olds dream to be wanted by Barca etc.

Just hope the club he does choose to go to have a clear plan in developing him as a player and there is a progression path for him.

Not sure on how it works with players of this age but would we be able to demand a sell on clause to be included should he move away?

Set compensation fee I think in the region of £235k.

Madness really to think you could lose two potentially top class talents in him and Harper for £500k. Though Yan Dhanda, Izzy Brown etc hardly went on to fulfil potential.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 10:29:09 AM »
Another few years with us and it have the potential to be win win.  He develops, goes into the first team at a major club and we receive the remuneration we deserve.  I think we need a system where players cannot be poached until they are 21, and where we have the opportunity from 16 onwards to formulate a better deal?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »
It does seem to be a really stupid system.

All that investment in youth players just to lose them for, in footballing terms, next to nothing?

Thank God it wasn't like this in the seventies with Robson...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 11:11:05 AM »
The cards are stacked against clubs our size. That's why the big clubs remain big clubs. A totally unfair system.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:29 AM »
Set compensation fee I think in the region of £235k.

Madness really to think you could lose two potentially top class talents in him and Harper for £500k. Though Yan Dhanda, Izzy Brown etc hardly went on to fulfil potential.

That's because they go to bigger clubs and sit on the bench.
Their development is seriously curtailed by moving up so early
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 11:37:39 AM »
think I read somewhere the academy costs around 2m a year to run. We sold Berahino for 12m so it was paid for for a few years.

As others have said though, it makes a massive mockery of the system when players can leave for peanuts who are probably worth at least 2m in todays market. It should change but probably won't because it serves the richer clubs who hold the influence.

From the players side, it's tough, they're being promised not just money but the chance to develop with the best players and coaches in Europe. This would understandably be a big draw.

As a club, the only way to keep these guys is to make a clear path to the first team for promising players. This aspect has been poor because of the head coaches we've had. Hopefully this is a key part of Bilic's approach...............

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »
Really will be peeved if Barry and Harper leave for peanuts, kids have been developing for years under Albion coaching staff and mentor's.
Read somewhere that Barry was out twice in Spain with Barcelona is that not poaching one of our kids? Also now are youth academy will be swarming with coaches from the big clubs of Europe club should ban these leaches.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
Over the last few years my attitude towards our young players has changed.

The club won't hesitate to put them on the scrap heap if they aren't good enough so I'm apathetic about them choosing to leave.

Further to that if this lad (or anyone in the academy, Albion fan or not) doesn't want to be here, then naughty word them off.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 12:26:24 PM »
I think we should do our damned best to keep the Academy going. You'd hope that many of its players, if not all, who are local and started with us as a schoolboy, would have more of an affinity with the club than a complete outsider.   

Otherwise, given today's transfer fees, we would be pretty much restricted to signings from the lower divisions or Prem players past their best wanting a final pay day. If we are to get back into being a top flight club, I don't think we could do it without some of our own youth. We just don't have the funds for the current transfer market. Players with the potential of Harper or L Barrie would be too expensive once they'd broken into first teams elsewhere.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 12:31:23 PM »
I don't understand young kids who come through the academy wanting to go anywhere else if they grow up as an Albion fan.

I know Barcelona and Juventus are special attractions but if you're an Albion fan as a kid surely you desperately want to play for the Albion if you can? I would've turned down any and every club in the world to play for the Baggies.

Perhaps it's just me.  ::)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
I don't understand young kids who come through the academy wanting to go anywhere else if they grow up as an Albion fan.

I know Barcelona and Juventus are special attractions but if you're an Albion fan as a kid surely you desperately want to play for the Albion if you can? I would've turned down any and every club in the world to play for the Baggies.

Perhaps it's just me.  ::)

My attitude is different.

As Jacko says, Albion would have been quick enough to get rid of me.

If someone offered me the opportunity of playing for Albion or joining another club where me and my family run the risk of being more financially secure then see you later.

I'll get another season ticket at the end of my career.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 12:46:44 PM »
Louie Barry is a young kid, as others have said, who wouldn't be tempted by the bright lights, prestige and the money on offer from Europe's elite clubs. On the other hand though, just think how much he could demand if he was to sign a three year contract at the Albion, really knuckle down and break though and then progress in the first team and get even more national and worldwide attention. In that scenario, the money on offer to him in three years time would make any offer on the table to him now from the likes of PSG and Barcelona seem like pennies. I know kids (young players) only tend to see what's immediately infront of them but if they were to only sit down and think and look at a slightly longer term plan (3 years is nothing at that age) they would be much better off in the long term.