Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 423786 times)

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #4100 on: January 07, 2021, 01:07:51 PM »
I wouldn't say that Slav was doing a bad job or couldn't be bothered. This squad of players is awful. Big Sam the saviour has managed 1 point from 4 games with the same bunch. He will need 4/5 decent players to give him any chance of survival. It seems the club were stringing Bilic along anyway and would have sacked him sooner has a suitable replacement been available.

He was doing an awful job. From Jan to Jan we were 77th in the league of 92 clubs. I cannot understand the love in. Yes, he's a nice guy and he's passionate and he cares and all that but results were awful over calendar year.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4101 on: January 07, 2021, 01:43:11 PM »
Bilic started the season with 1 point from 4 games, let's judge Allardyce properly when he's had a chance to get some players in that can play his way.
Yes he probably does need 4/5 players to try and balance the side and get them fighting to stay in this league.

I don't know if the club were stringing Bilic along more that they were giving him enough rope to hang himself which he duly did.

Agreed it's way to early to judge Allardyce but the point I was making was that it doesn't matter who is in charge of this lot they simply aren't anywhere near good enough. BS will improve us no doubt but not until he's made several signings. Something that I would have liked for Bilic to be given the opportunity to do.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4102 on: January 07, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »
No evidence that he was
No evidence that it was.
So the rest of your post is only based on groundless speculation.
No evidence that he wasn't
No evidence that it wasn't
Entire post is based on my opinion, I've claimed nothing as fact.

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4103 on: January 07, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
No evidence that he wasn't
No evidence that it wasn't
Entire post is based on my opinion, I've claimed nothing as fact.
It isn't possible to provide evidence for something that isn't or wasn't  ;D
The point I was making was you were saying various things starting with the word "if". I am just saying that there is no evidence to suggest any of what you are suggesting is true, so there's not really a lot of point in suggesting it.