Author Topic: 12 Feb 2019 Albion 2 Nottingham Forest 2  (Read 50191 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »
Agree about Murphy, so far looks a poor player, Harper was the pick of a poor team performance, a lucky point.

Same at Newcastle, a headless chicken. McClean with a bit more pace. No idea what our management saw in him.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2019, 10:09:11 PM »
Must have been the same scout who thought Bartley was a good defender

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:17 PM »
think we will rue the day we didn't get another striker in who can rough the defenders up a bit and can win an aerial battle. you don't get
promoted when half the team plays as poorly as that.Livermore was awful, Rodriguez couldn't win a physical battle against a child he's so lightweight. Man city will wait a very long time before Tosin gets anywhere near what they want.
No way was it a penalty and at the death Dawson yet again nearly threw away a point.
absolutely no chance this team gets up automatically, said many times take Barnes and Gayle out and it's an average team.think it's a bit early to start offering an extension to Moore's contract why not wait till the seasons finished and then assess whether it warrants it.if he fails with this squad how's he going to do it when we lose what few quality players we've got.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:29 PM »
See Dingle Don talking pooh on sky, claims Gayle should get ban for penalty no mention of gabbons shocker on Holgate in first half

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2019, 10:11:15 PM »
Been abject for weeks. The 'attacking' football we were supposed to play is a myth, it was purely reliant on the pace of Barnes, without that, and with sides sitting back, Moore/Jones whoever is in charge has no idea how to break sides down.

Here's a novel idea, get to the byline and pull it back.
Baggie in Southampton

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »
See Dingle Don talking rubbish on sky, claims Gayle should get ban for penalty no mention of gabbons shocker on Holgate in first half

Talked about that at HT to be fair, also highlighted how many goals we gift teams trying to play out from the back

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
Same at Newcastle, a headless chicken. McClean with a bit more pace. No idea what our management saw in him.
goals and assists in the Championship is what they saw in him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »
Forget automatic. We will be lucky to cling on to the play offs.

The architects of our own downfall and sadly Darren Moore and the management team are the designers.

We won’t win the play offs either. We are too naive.

A good manager plays to his strengths and sadly we aren’t. Nobody can tell me Gibbs’s, hegazi/Dawson/ adabioyo and Gibbs aren’t good enough to defend better at this level but it comes down to instruction that causes us issues.

Pass it around at the back but end up pumping crosses up top because we have no ideas.

Plenty managers getting more from their teams but we continuously play rubbish. I genuinely believe we are where we are due to individual talent rather than the way we are coached.
Oh come on, long way to go and we can still get playoffs

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2019, 10:13:48 PM »
Here's a novel idea, get to the byline and pull it back.
Another one... Hit the ball goalwards, hard and low.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
Agree with the general consensus that tonight was a poor performance. For those who think we have the best squad in the league, when will you wake up and smell the coffee? We have a very good first XI, but with 2-3 players missing (most notably tonight, Phillips and Hegazi) we begin to look quite ordinary.

Having said that, conceding such a bad and unnecessary early goal killed the game. I didn't expect anything more than a point from that moment on.

Harper had a decent game and the full backs performed adequately enough, but the rest put in a poor shift.

It pains me to say it, even though we are not too far off it will be play-offs at best for us now I think.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
Oh come on, long way to go and we can still get playoffs

We can I agree, but we shouldn’t be challenging for play offs

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »
Agree with the general consensus that tonight was a poor performance. For those who think we have the best squad in the league, when will you wake up and smell the coffee? We have a very good first XI, but with 2-3 players missing (most notably tonight, Phillips and Hegazi) we begin to look quite ordinary.

Having said that, conceding such a bad and unnecessary early goal killed the game. I didn't expect anything more than a point from that moment on.

Harper had a decent game and the full backs performed adequately enough, but the rest put in a poor shift.

It pains me to say it, even though we are not too far off it will be play-offs at best for us now I think.

Name a better squad?

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2019, 10:19:22 PM »
See Dingle Don talking rubbish on sky, claims Gayle should get ban for penalty no mention of gabbons shocker on Holgate in first half

I can't stand listening to Goodman, so biased against us it's sickening.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:05 PM »
Name a better squad?
If it ain't the squad, then it must be Moore at fault.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »
Play like that in the next 4 and a place in the play offs will be in jeopardy. we need to get compact and quick. we need to be more direct and play with more width at home and quick .

We do have the best squad of players available . No excuse if we're not there or there abouts at the end of the season. Hopefully we'll find some rhythm ......?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2019, 10:24:33 PM »

Totally agree. No decent cover at CB as shown again tonight. I'm not sure who is worse Bartly or Adarabioyo. Hopefully Murphy can come good as we have no decent cover Phillips or HRK.

Best 11 if all fit but our squad is not the best.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2019, 10:25:54 PM »
I just cannot understand lofted balls into the box when we don't have a decent header of the ball up front , usually against 6'5 defenders too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2019, 10:26:30 PM »
Apart from 5 minutes in the second half, we were slow & ponderous. A point gained. Not a penalty for me. We’re desperate to get Phillips & hagarzi back, we’re a lot better team with them in it. Starting to worry we haven’t got that quick attacking football anymore!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
I just cannot understand lofted balls into the box when we don't have a decent header of the ball up front , usually against 6'5 defenders too.

Only thing I can think of is our players are looking for the knock downs from either side on the edge of the box.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »
Thought Adarabioyo was struggling due to being played out of position but tonight would suggest he's just not that good, he was woeful.

Livermore likewise, we're so much better without him on the pitch.

Holgate's crossing was very poor and Murphy's was worse - his goal overshadows a very poor performance.

Harper played quite well as did Barry when he came on but far too many poor performances which is become too much of a consistent theme.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2019, 10:28:17 PM »
The vile lot will swamp us if we play the same way.
Moore MUST adapt and change.
We dare not go sleep walking again like the last 2 matches.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:36 PM »
Thought Adarabioyo was struggling due to being played out of position but tonight would suggest he's just not that good, he was woeful.

Livermore likewise, we're so much better without him on the pitch.

Holgate's crossing was very poor and Murphy's was worse - his goal overshadows a very poor performance.

Harper played quite well as did Barry when he came on but far too many poor performances which is become too much of a consistent theme.

He has had half a season to adapt, just is not good enough. I would rather see Bartley there. :o

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »
Barry and Harper must start in midfield. Phillips must join them oncefit. You can tell we need to build up Murphys confidence. Livermore was awful tonight. JRod one of few who actually tried to make things happen.

Poor night but the result is not the end of the world yet.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2019, 10:30:31 PM »
Barnes covered up Jones and Darren's deficiencies when it came to breaking teams down. Team talk give it to Barnes

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2019, 10:32:19 PM »
To be fair we did look better with the 2 subs which DM didn't leave too late. Barry especially added alot more attacking intent going forward. Harper will be a top player in a couple of years time. He has to be encourged to carry the ball forward.
But, we are still far too sloppy with our passing. And especially first half far too slow in our build up giving Forest loads of time to organise their defence. Its always going to be more difficult to work the ball through 9 defenders.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure