Author Topic: 21 Oct 2017 Southampton 1 Albion 0  (Read 64906 times)

Andio

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
As someone said on another thread, he wouldn't have got as far as our box if Yacob was playing

Totally agree with whoever said it.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »
As someone said on another thread, he wouldn't have got as far as our box if Yacob was playing

Last year there is no way he would have got as far as our box regardless of whether Yacob was playing or not one of the lads would have cleaned him out and took one for the team.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »
If you were a neutral, you'd say justice was done in the end. This Southampton team is not the greatest I've seen by a long way, but at least they wanted to win the match.

Agreed. Actually thought we looked a lot better and certainly more creative (relative to what came before) when we switched to a central back three. However; couldn't feel too aggrieved about conceding when things were looking quite even given the pummelling Southampton gave us for the opening 55 minutes. 

petjob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »
We are the only team in the Premiership not to have won a game in the last six.
We are bottom on current form even excluding the matches after 40 points last season.
We are one of the teams who have scored the fewest number of goals.
We have a lower rate of possession than any team in the Premiership.
Pulis now has the worst win rate percentage of any Manager we have ever had
We can't fill the stadium.  (wonder why)
Wolverhampton could replace us next season.
A change of Manager springs to mind.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »
Interesting to note the amount of posters who've stated their lad should have been taken out.

We have a player who effectively took one for the team v Watford and got slated.

Just saying..........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #355 on: October 23, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »
I think we have to acknowledge that Boufal can produce special moments and this was one. He was wrong footing people and no-one got close enough to him to take him out.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2017, 07:35:33 PM »
I think we have to acknowledge that Boufal can produce special moments and this was one. He was wrong footing people and no-one got close enough to him to take him out.

Very true, wonderful block by Dawson on Nyom though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:12 PM »
Very true, wonderful block by Dawson on Nyom though.

Amazing that.

The only tackle we made all bloody game was on ourselves!  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #358 on: October 24, 2017, 09:48:55 AM »
I am still angry about this game. Was talking to someone who went who confirmed everything I thought about the game. He also told me how much money that debacle had cost him.
Given the abysmal performance it would be a nice gesture if the club refunded the tickets to all of those who went. Not going to happen I know but they paid to see a football match, not that apology of a display on Saturday.....
MAGA!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2017, 09:55:56 AM »
People can complain about the money it cost them to go and watch the match but they can't expect a refund when they knew exactly what kind of performance they were going to see, its not like it was a one off. People have the choice whether they want to spend money to watch that rubbish.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: October 24, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
People can complain about the money it cost them to go and watch the match but they can't expect a refund when they knew exactly what kind of performance they were going to see, its not like it was a one off. People have the choice whether they want to spend money to watch that rubbish.

Agree entirely. I've not been to an away game since Pulis took charge, but I certainly wouldn't be going to them at the minute because you know exactly how it is going to play out, it is not like the 'football' over recent months hasn't been the same every week.

I will be going to the game on Saturday in hope that we somehow manage to sneak a result, but largely to watch Man City play as they are a joy to watch, whereas we are an utter embarrassment to watch currently.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2017, 10:01:10 AM »
We are the only team in the Premiership not to have won a game in the last six.
We are bottom on current form even excluding the matches after 40 points last season.
We are one of the teams who have scored the fewest number of goals.
We have a lower rate of possession than any team in the Premiership.
Pulis now has the worst win rate percentage of any Manager we have ever had
We can't fill the stadium.  (wonder why)
Wolverhampton could replace us next season.
A change of Manager springs to mind.

Yes, says it all doesn't it.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »
Interesting to note the amount of posters who've stated their lad should have been taken out.

We have a player who effectively took one for the team v Watford and got slated.

Just saying..........

not me, I still don't think it was a foul by McClean, and we still should have dealt better with the freekick into the box (even though there was a shove in Hegazi's back).

On Saturday Boufal began his run inside his own half, someone could have taken him out around the halfway line, getting a booking no doubt but giving away a free kick in a non dangerous area. The defending for the goal was pathetic.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
Agree entirely. I've not been to an away game since Pulis took charge, but I certainly wouldn't be going to them at the minute because you know exactly how it is going to play out, it is not like the 'football' over recent months hasn't been the same every week.

I will be going to the game on Saturday in hope that we somehow manage to sneak a result, but largely to watch Man City play as they are a joy to watch, whereas we are an utter embarrassment to watch currently.

I only go to home games at the moment as I've already paid for a ticket and the people around me who I only see at the games try to have a laugh regardless of the rubbish on the pitch. My days of spending thousands every year to follow us away are well and truly over but come the end of the season it may well be my last year as a season ticket holder too.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
I only go to home games at the moment as I've already paid for a ticket and the people around me who I only see at the games try to have a laugh regardless of the rubbish on the pitch. My days of spending thousands every year to follow us away are well and truly over but come the end of the season it may well be my last year as a season ticket holder too.

That's my reason for going really, blind faith still at the minute and the fact that you sit by the same people for so many years it's more of a social thing than actually going to enjoy watching your team play.

In saying that, when we do not completely kill a game it can still be an enjoyable game to watch. We were awful against Watford but I still enjoyed the game as I thought Watford were superb on the day and their incisive passing and movement was good watch, I think the same will apply on Saturday so I can take some enjoyment out of the game, even if I can't out of my own team currently.

The West Ham/Stoke/Bournemouth home games were just watching paint dry exercises so I got very little enjoyment out of them other than the two goals we scored across the three games and Jay Rod looking exciting in the Bournemouth game which has since disappeared

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »

I think that if they’d have known beforehand how poor we were going to be then many would not have gone. You are right insofar as it has happened before, but given that we won this fixture last year and they are not exactly pulling up trees at the moment, I would have gone with the expectation that we would at least ‘have a go’ at them.
The refund will never happen as it is down to the individual to go. The club would never entertain a refund as it is admitting their guilt.
My friend won’t be going again in a hurry and I suspect many others won’t either. Lack of support may be one of the few things Mr Williams and co will understand.
If this translates to the terraces on Saturday then we will see developments I am sure.
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2017, 01:04:51 PM »
I think that if they’d have known beforehand how poor we were going to be then many would not have gone. You are right insofar as it has happened before, but given that we won this fixture last year and they are not exactly pulling up trees at the moment, I would have gone with the expectation that we would at least ‘have a go’ at them.
The refund will never happen as it is down to the individual to go. The club would never entertain a refund as it is admitting their guilt.
My friend won’t be going again in a hurry and I suspect many others won’t either. Lack of support may be one of the few things Mr Williams and co will understand.
If this translates to the terraces on Saturday then we will see developments I am sure.

Kev with the money that comes in from Sky do you think they are worried about a couple of thousand not turning up because of the way we play. People have bought season tickets and I am sure many of them aye going waste the money they have spent.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
Kev with the money that comes in from Sky do you think they are worried about a couple of thousand not turning up because of the way we play. People have bought season tickets and I am sure many of them aye going waste the money they have spent.
I'm sure you are right and it is inconsequential but, any successful business has to have pride and belief in it's product surely.
They must watch this dross and wonder where the money went that they invested in the summer, at the very least.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »
Rowett would be much of the same, no thanks

Frizl Palace : I hope you're not expecting Ancelotti to come to the Hawthorns
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2017, 10:33:07 PM »

Of course not; doubt Ancelotti would be able to do it with a lesser calibre of players in any event so don't think he would be the right fit with us

petjob

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »
Sources close to West Brom boss Tony Pulis have spoken of their unease at how passionately the manager has begun railing against the sport of football.
It has been an open secret for some years that there’s no love lost between Pulis and football, but the intensity of the Welshman’s animosity towards the game and all who play it has recently become a worry.
“There was a time when Tony would at least appear interested in football and could engage in smalltalk about the game when needed, which is a useful skill when you’re a football manager by profession,” Martin Bradshaw, the author of Pulis’s biography That’s The Sound Of Da Pulis, told FourFourTwo.
“Of course, as soon as he was behind closed doors he’d revert back to favoured topics like lacrosse, opera and zero-point gravity, but he’d at least be willing to feign interest in the game for an hour here or there.
But lately he’s taken to referring to football as ‘rubbish ball’ quite openly, even in press conferences and in front of the players. He’s also banned all talk of football from the dinner table and, more worryingly, the training ground.”
Irritation and fury
During West Brom’s 1-0 defeat to Southampton, Pulis cut an increasingly agitated figure on the sidelines, partly due to the trace levels of football on show and partly due to frequent buffering during a science podcast he likes to listen to during games to ‘take the edge off’.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »

if Lai was serious then why not
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »

if Lai was serious then why not

???

Need to set your expectations a lot lower mate. Either of the last 2 English Palace managers would head the list.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »

I could have done it from the other side of the pitch, had I been playing. Funny how the older you get the better you was.