Author Topic: 21 Oct 2017 Southampton 1 Albion 0  (Read 64942 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »
Another gutless attempt to draw nil-nil from this shameless coward.
Enough is enough.
Get rid!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
Agree on a lot of points there fella.

Yacob in for Livermore all day long

Did Barry play today?? Didnt even know he was playing if im honest

Phillips should be starting ahead of Rodriguez

Its upfront  where we are at a loss, failing to sign a striker is costing us dearly. Rondon looks dead and buried should have taken the 32m from China

Any forward needs the ball for him/them to have a impact on the game. Plus him/them need the ball to be played to his/there strengths, no chance of that happening the way we are playing.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
Any forward needs the ball for him/them to have a impact on the game. Plus him/them need the ball to be played to his/there strengths, no chance of that happening the way we are playing.

True but he has lost his ability to hold a ball up, he gets knocked off far too easily.

He looks a terrible player full stop at the min for me
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
True but he has lost his ability to hold a ball up, he gets knocked off far too easily.

He looks a terrible player full stop at the min for me

I watched him very closely today mate. He controls around 75% of the punts that go anywhere near him. But the support for the lay off is terribly slow arriving. There is expecting him to hold it up and then there is expecting him to hold it up for 10 seconds. It's not going to happen.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

I watched him very closely today mate. He controls around 75% of the punts that go anywhere near him. But the support for the lay off is terribly slow arriving. There is expecting him to hold it up and then there is expecting him to hold it up for 10 seconds. It's not going to happen.

Good point but he seems to have lost his appetite, understandable with how we play and break for him

Perhaps under another coach he would look good playing a different way

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »
Good point but he seems to have lost his appetite, understandable with how we play and break for him

[/b]Perhaps under another coach he would look good playing a different way
Think the same could be said for any of Rondon, Phillips Chadli, Nyom, Gibbs, Greg, or Rodriguez, Tom.
He just does not get the best out of attacking players. They all spend most of their time defending apart from Rondon, who is in a different postcode!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2017, 09:09:18 PM »
Didn't hear the match but saw updates and it sounded dire. I understand everyone's frustration and wanting Pulis sacked, but who realistically would Albion get? We're not massive club and don't even sell out the home games. I think the club are happy to grind out the odd result and settle for boring games as long as it keeps us where the money is. The board will always choose money over fan enjoyment.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWD3GRgr02E

Jacko will always give his view and I respect him for it.

I have no time for the other two, mind

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
Going to plan!

Irrespective as to who we play We look like a league two side playing away at a big club in the third round of the FA Cu.
I gotta disagree completely, a league two side against Man U. in a third round cup draw would without a doubt display more offensive intent than we do against anybody home or away.  >:(

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »
Just got back. I've backed pulis since he arrived,but our put my hand up. I can't watch shi## like that anymore,know intent to win that match in the full 90 minutes absolute dross. Could of played for 3 hours & we wouldn't look like scoring. Watched Chris Houghtings Brighton Friday night. What a difference watching a team play like a team and have a go. Pulis! Know improvement by xmas, time for you to move on.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:03 PM »
I’ve always stuck up for pulis, always thought that  if he goes tomorrow I won’t cry but when he’s here I’ll appreciate the job he’s done and support him but can’t stick up for the record now. He has two games to get 1 win, can’t see it next week so Huddersfield is make or break for him. Starting to think though it is time to go, don’t want to get in the situation of him being one game for the sack all the time because the atmosphere Will  not be nice.

Whatever happens thank you Tony but I think it may be time!

clemsleftfoot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »
Didn't hear the match but saw updates and it sounded dire. I understand everyone's frustration and wanting Pulis sacked, but who realistically would Albion get? We're not massive club and don't even sell out the home games. I think the club are happy to grind out the odd result and settle for boring games as long as it keeps us where the money is. The board will always choose money over fan enjoyment.
my granny believes in going forward even if it is on a zimmer frame..I don't care who we get Pulis out now...

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2017, 02:23:38 AM »
Take nothing away from the goal? Rather than tackling each other our lot should have cleaned him out on the half way line

That performance was garbage. Complete and utter rubbish

I actually cannot describe how angry I was watching that.

And to urine me off even more, whilst these had their pampered journey home, we got ******* inebriated on as we left the ground and tried to find the station which was miles away. Pratting about in some park trying to find the station, which made the Black Patch look desirable is not what I had in mind

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2017, 02:48:54 AM »
Still feel miserable as hell after that rubbish, where do we go from here? If we get tonked by city (v likely) will we be one step closer to a change? Sadly, I'm wondering if our players really are good enough for this division. Wish we had the desire of Newcastle and Huddersfield, who actually seem to care!

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2017, 03:24:02 AM »
I think I'm more insane than all of you.

I got up at 3.30am Sydney time just to follow the BBC updates and the running commentary on this forum.

Pulis ball is getting harder and harder to defend.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2017, 03:30:10 AM »

I got up at 3.30am Sydney time just to follow the BBC updates and the running commentary on this forum.

That’s coz it’s indefensible now. Some kind of corner has been turned today. Where it leads, God knows. But it has to be turned.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2017, 10:19:41 AM »

I think the reason we don't sell out at home is so many supporters have been driven away by Pulls football.  Get a new manager playing even half decent football I think a lot would return?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »

The above seems the best way to watch it!

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »
After yesterday looking at relegation odds a number of teams below or around us us are much bigger favourites to stay up than us, the bookies usually aren't far off
West Brom 7/2
Stoke 6/1
Leicester 14/1
Everton 20/1
Southampton 22/1

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »
If TP does not start setting up this team to win games against the likes of Southampton instead of setting up not to lose, I can see us ending up in the relegation scrap whereas a few weeks ago I thought no chance.
We just cannot close out games when we do get our noses in front and when we go behind we look dead and buried because we just cannot change our mindset, not getting a quality striker in is costing us dear, we are never going to create a glut of chances , but again yesterday Rodriguez had 2 good ones and Chadli hit woodwork.
Why Boufal was allowed to run that distance  with the ball without anybody taking one for the team I do not know, but it is getting worse not better,
We have a squad of solid mid table premiership professionals here and even without a proven striker and creative midfielder, if he let them off the leash I still think we can get enough points , some of the drawn games may well turn into losses , but some will turn into wins its much better to get 6 points from 4 matches with 2 wins than just 4 points with 4 draws , or no points for 4 defeats

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »

Why Boufal was allowed to run that distance  with the ball without anybody taking one for the team I do not know,

It didn't help that 2 of our own players took each other out instead of Boufal.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2017, 04:57:31 PM »
It didn't help that 2 of our own players took each other out instead of Boufal.
As someone said on another thread, he wouldn't have got as far as our box if Yacob was playing
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
If you were a neutral, you'd say justice was done in the end. This Southampton team is not the greatest I've seen by a long way, but at least they wanted to win the match.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
The above seems the best way to watch it!

Any chance we could lure Gary Rowett from Derby?
But has the Pulisaur given us too bad a rep?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
Any chance we could lure Gary Rowett from Derby?
But has the Pulisaur given us too bad a rep?

Rowett would be much of the same, no thanks