Author Topic: 2 Dec 2023 Albion 1 Leicester City 2  (Read 11150 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2023, 07:45:00 AM »
I think Matt Phillips joining Jed Wallace in the physio' room could prove more costly than Saturday's Keystone Cops stoppage time defending. For younger readers replace Keystone Cops with calamitous or a smelly brown lump to save you the time of a Google search  ;D .

An evenly fought contest which in all honesty I didn't think either side deserved to win or lose. Their winner was a kick in the nuts but it didn't hurt as much as it could've as I braced myself for impact as the ball broke loose so to speak. Readers young and old feel free to Google 'Real Balls of Steel Training' for reference  :P .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »
Did he shake hands before the game?

No idea mate.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2023, 10:09:27 AM »
I'm still waiting for an answer as to why Swift tried a circus act rather than having a crack on the volley ! >:( >:( If it goes in we win if it goes over the bakery we regroup and draw, prats about trying to be clever we end up losing . Others getting pelters over the winner but for me Swift was the one most at fault !
I need to see it again. It looked to me that it was one of those that don't fall quite right to be smashed with a first time volley. It's a split second decision and he obviously thought he had a better chance trying to manouevre the ball. It's one of those things but personally I don't think he deserves any pelters.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2023, 12:39:08 PM »
The decision to switch to a back four for the last few games is just baffling.

Since doing so, we have enjoyed probably our best run of results this season. It also had nothing to do with the Leicester winner on Saturday.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2023, 07:19:41 PM »
Eh? With a back four, we destroyed a top-class Ipswich team and controlled an away game against a potential play-off rival.

The only negative is that it guarantees an inept Townsend to start at LB.

Unless he wants to try and see what Pipa has... I mean he looks no worse at defending but technically superior
O Albion we love you