Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080231 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7300 on: September 20, 2019, 11:26:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/HRH_YT/status/1174784800600838148 first of many no doubt

"Nuno looks devoid of any ideas atm. He's been, and will forever be a club icon for @Wolves. A lot of our future success will be partly down to his fantastic work. But now @Nuno, leave a hero, join another big club, and let's bring in Jose Mourinho
#wwfc #EuropaLeague......."

...... oh my aching sides  :P .

In fairness a lot of his fellow dogheads did get their teeth into him in the replies.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7301 on: September 20, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »
I didn't watch the game but have seen the highlights. Big loss for them but they created the better chances and on another day could of won.

Hopefully the poor form and finishing continues, they have a lot of fixtures until January so hopefully it takes its toll on them.

Not sharpening my knife just yet but it's out the drawer.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7302 on: September 20, 2019, 12:00:35 PM »
If things turn worse for Nuno he can always get a tent on the Ring Road, mind you it will be an hard act to follow Wolverhamptons most famous resident.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7303 on: September 20, 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
Id snap your hands off to be in their position... following their club in Europe..

I haven't seen any Nuno bashing - but no doubts its a testing time.

They will be fine this season
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7304 on: September 20, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »
Id snap your hands off to be in their position... following their club in Europe..

I haven't seen any Nuno bashing - but no doubts its a testing time.

They will be fine this season

100% Liam  .  Being away in Europe apart from winning the FA cup is the pinnacle for clubs like us and wolves , realistically anyway .

I’d snap your hands off to be in their position, even if they get relegated which I don’t think they will I’d still snap your hands off. The memories we would have Liam  ;D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7305 on: September 20, 2019, 01:17:25 PM »
Don't stick up for the Dingles, they have a decent side yes, but let's enjoy their misfortunes while we can. They have no love for us however good we are.

We beat Braga home and away. Mind you it was 41 years ago.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7306 on: September 20, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »
Don't stick up for the Dingles, they have a decent side yes, but let's enjoy their misfortunes while we can. They have no love for us however good we are.

We beat Braga home and away. Mind you it was 41 years ago.

He who laughs last laughs loudest. I'd rather see how things pan out with us / them come Xmas, if it appears there doomed and we're looking good, I'll be well and truly out the woodwork.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7307 on: September 20, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
It's great watching the dingle dangle.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7308 on: September 24, 2019, 07:33:29 PM »
Surprised nobody has mentioned it on here but their owners fosun lost an estimated £1.5bn because the Thomas Cook collapse, and I  sincerely feel sorry for those who will lose their jobs so close to Xmas.

However, with this added to the fact they want to sell 20% of the club. Could it be the beginnings of the end of their terrible reign and another visit to the thurd tier beckons.....

Fingers crossed it is and those futuristic council ground redevelopment plans can go out with the rest of the tat.

Nickwba1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7309 on: September 24, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »
Fosun are just just releasing some equity to get their return back for what they paid plus some. I'm sure they're in for the long haul. As much as we hate it there is a lot of opportunities to grow that club and see further value.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7310 on: September 24, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »
Fosun are just just releasing some equity to get their return back for what they paid plus some. I'm sure they're in for the long haul. As much as we hate it there is a lot of opportunities to grow that club and see further value.

If you are so rich why would you need to release any equity, the Abramavich's does not and he is not even allowed in the country and still doesn't seek to release any equity.

It may be wishful thinking but their transfer dealings of late and the rest which I have mentioned may be see the house of Cards tumbling.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7311 on: September 24, 2019, 10:02:55 PM »
If you are so rich why would you need to release any equity, the Abramavich's does not and he is not even allowed in the country and still doesn't seek to release any equity.

It may be wishful thinking but their transfer dealings of late and the rest which I have mentioned may be see the house of Cards tumbling.

I agree, Fosun are meant to be this mega corporation with gigantic arms everywhere, I don't think they need to raise cash with Wolves.
The thing is, Chinese companies are often filled with mystery and they aren't as stable as western ones due to their government, corruption etc so god knows what is really going on. One can hope though! ;D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7312 on: September 25, 2019, 12:20:58 AM »

Abramavich is looking to sell Chelsea. In any event he and Fosun are a very different types of owner. Abramavich is a super rich individual who bought the club because he was looking for a safe haven in the west and saw his ownership of a high profile assest as a means of embedding himself in the UK. It was his money and he was largely free to do what he liked with it.

Fosun on the other hand are a corporation who are accountable to their shareholders and operate under the ever watchful eye of the Chinese Communist Party. They will sell 20% of the club to recoup their initial investment and to underscore the growth in value the assest has achieved. I absolutely don't buy the guff in their statement about it raising funds to make further investment in the club but we will wait and see.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7313 on: September 27, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »
So Fosun are looking like losing money on the failure of an old, tired and useless brand.

And on Thomas Cook as well  ;)

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7314 on: September 27, 2019, 02:10:17 PM »
Relegation can't be pinpointed to one moment, it is a series of events that accumulate. I think the dingles have had 2 events, Thomas Cook and its ripple effects for future spend could be a third.

1) Poor summer transfer window
2) Number of fixtures  between now and Jan (8 in December)
3) Hopefully fonsun squeezed by Thomas Cook demise produces a poor Jan transfer window.

Could be in relegation battle this season.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7315 on: September 28, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Wolves are going to be fine and i'd still not be shocked to see them in the latter stages of a cup comp this year. I have revised by belief that they might challenge top 6 this year though. Second season syndrome has hit and like Burnley last year, a lower mid table finish now might be possible. Leicester and West Ham look more likely to steal a top 4 or 6 place now.
Boing Boing

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7316 on: October 03, 2019, 08:03:07 PM »
Won away in turkey

Fair play

Jealous

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7317 on: October 03, 2019, 08:37:40 PM »
Watched the second half in a bar because I had nothing else to do. It was an impressive goal from Boly. His control of the ball before shooting was sublime. However, I’m not the least bit jealous.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7318 on: October 03, 2019, 11:10:19 PM »
They might be winning in Europe, but they will have to be careful about the Premier league. They still have to remain there to carry on.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7319 on: October 03, 2019, 11:48:47 PM »
They are there, we are not

Fair play to them.

Lets worry about ourselves, all I am seeing is good entertaining football at the moment.
MAGA!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7320 on: October 04, 2019, 06:39:25 AM »
They might be winning in Europe, but they will have to be careful about the Premier league. They still have to remain there to carry on.

Thy will stay up no problem, who cares about the premierleague anyway when going to Istanbul and winning giving a chance to progress to europa league knockout.

It’s horrible watching these live the dream after we spent 8 years there and achieved pretty much nothing.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7321 on: October 04, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Thy will stay up no problem, who cares about the premierleague anyway when going to Istanbul and winning giving a chance to progress to europa league knockout.

It’s horrible watching these live the dream after we spent 8 years there and achieved pretty much nothing.

This. All those Albion fans who were saying they didn't want to get into Europe because we might get relegated, how pathetic does that seem now?

That lot have been back up just over a year, had an FA cup semi-final, and are now playing and beating teams in Europe. Fair play.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7322 on: October 04, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »

Agreed. Bl**dy pains me to see them win last minute last night. I’m definitely bitter, and would love to have a shot at europe, a top 7 finish or a trip to Wembley in the cup. We’ve achieved none of those recently and it kinda puts it into perspective. We finished 8th, we’ve done naff all in the cup although we are playing nice football at the moment: Sadly, for the time being, I feel like they rightly have the upper hand in the West Midlands.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7323 on: October 04, 2019, 10:37:04 AM »
Agreed. Bl**dy pains me to see them win last minute last night. I’m definitely bitter, and would love to have a shot at europe, a top 7 finish or a trip to Wembley in the cup. We’ve achieved none of those recently and it kinda puts it into perspective. We finished 8th, we’ve done naff all in the cup although we are playing nice football at the moment: Sadly, for the time being, I feel like they rightly have the upper hand in the West Midlands.
We did play at Wembley in the cup 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7324 on: October 04, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »
We did play at Wembley in the cup 😀
Not recently though, which is my point