Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843851 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3375 on: March 09, 2019, 05:18:16 PM »
We can't make a change with 10 games left.

We have to stick.
We changed manager at the end of last season and almost survived.
We must change and give the team new tactics and impetus.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3376 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:05 PM »
We’ve won 7 out of 18 home games. How people can still defend him is beyond me

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3377 on: March 09, 2019, 05:22:33 PM »
We’ve won 7 out of 18 home games. How people can still defend him is beyond me

A very solid away form has really papered over the cracks of this season and the failing system. I have been very supportive of Moore but he hasn't stopped this rut. 6 without a win at home and 3 without a win full stop the season is unraveling fast he needs to change his system and his tactics.
O Albion we love you

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3378 on: March 09, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
We changed manager at the end of last season and almost survived.
We must change and give the team new tactics and impetus.

We appointed within. Many written us off. We are 4th despite us being pooh.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3379 on: March 09, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
On the other hand our away form has been very good.

We are a scalp at home to most teams.

We've done better than our other 2 relegated sides. Potter seems nowhere near the sack ?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3380 on: March 09, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »

We've done better than our other 2 relegated sides. Potter seems nowhere near the sack ?

They are an inferior team on paper and the pitch so the expectations are lower. DM took over a team he largely knew and had his say on his own players. HE cannot get them to perform to anywhere near the standard they can so as the boss the buck stops with him and Jones.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3381 on: March 09, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »
On the other hand our away form has been very good.

We are a scalp at home to most teams.

Swansea have an average age of about 23, spent nothing, and moved on virtually every player with decent Premier League experience. If Darren Moore had our U23 team in mid table and playing decent football I would be over the moon. I'd swap him for Potter in a heartbeat.

If he'd done as poorly as Rowett, he'd have been sacked as well. But Rowett had Berahino and McClean, rather than Gayle and Barnes to make up for his shortcomings.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3382 on: March 09, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
Yeah not denying that.

Just be mad to sack him considering we have something to play for. The players still haven't shown any sign of unrest within. If we sack him and appoint someone new and the players refuse to put on a show for him then what? We sack someone else ?

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3383 on: March 09, 2019, 05:34:14 PM »
I think the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords for Big Dave. Its not a matter of if but more of when he gets let go

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3384 on: March 09, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
I dont think the players are refusing to put on a show, they are being poorly managed and guided.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3385 on: March 09, 2019, 05:35:18 PM »
I’ve always maintained that as a fan I can forgive results if I can see the approach is clear and right- sometimes you can get it right but lose with some bad luck (it’s professional sport and abilities are tightly matched, so it can happen)

What I can’t accept though is someone who cannot learn that their approach hasn’t worked, and hasn’t adopted a new way to improve. Darren’s biggest downfall is performances at home. We lack penetration and play our best striker on the wing.

Loyalty to out of form players (Dawson, Livermore, Rodriguez) also asks questions of the ability to make tough decisions.

At times the football hasn’t been much better than last year either. A really disappointing season.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3386 on: March 09, 2019, 05:38:04 PM »
They are an inferior team on paper and the pitch so the expectations are lower. DM took over a team he largely knew and had his say on his own players. HE cannot get them to perform to anywhere near the standard they can so as the boss the buck stops with him and Jones.

If it had been Tony Pulis or Alan Pardew people would be all of this.

The fact that we have someone in charge who used to play for us 20 years ago means people cut him slack for some reason.

The club should have shown some balls and got a proper coach in during the summer like Leeds did.  Swansea are just as bad with their appointment of second rate head coaches as well.

Hopefully we have an overseas appointment next time.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3387 on: March 09, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
I am not convinced that a change now would produce the impetus we want. I do think we will get into the playoffs, but that will end in heart break. I would keep Daren till the season’s end, then give him the opportunity to stand down or move to another role in the club. If he doesn’t want to stand aside, then we sack him, I just want him to have the chance to walk first.

This summer will require a radical change at the club and total rebuild, David Wagner anyone?

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3388 on: March 09, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »
Our biggest problem for the last two or three years has been the bloody awful midfield, and its never been properly addressed....other than the brief introduction of Harvey Barnes which proved to anyone that knows about football exactly what we've been missing.

Wake up Mr Lai, the board. etc etc and smell the coffee....we need a complete clear out and change of personnel in the middle of the pitch, players with skill and pace and instinctively on the front foot.....for Christ sake.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3389 on: March 09, 2019, 05:40:54 PM »
If it had been Tony Pulis or Alan Pardew people would be all of this.

The fact that we have someone in charge who used to play for us 20 years ago means people cut him slack for some reason.

The club should have shown some balls and got a proper coach in during the summer like Leeds did.  Swansea are just as bad with their appointment of second rate head coaches as well.

Hopefully we have an overseas appointment next time.

Absolutely, i posted in the after match thread he gets away with so much due to the fact he is ex-albion, if Pulis was producing these results and perfromances people would be calling for his head a long time ago and rightly so!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3390 on: March 09, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
McInnally on SSN shook his head in bemusement at how disjointed we were today, no-one on here should be surprised.  I'm gutted that he has lost it like this, but I don't think he'll be moved on before the end of the season whatever happens.

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3391 on: March 09, 2019, 05:46:37 PM »
Darren Moore interview on WM cringe worthy .     Erm...we wanted to win the game.. stopped the rot of defeats...erm...erm..

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3392 on: March 09, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »
Pulis had many transfer windows. Darren has had 2.

I don't agree with people who say we have the best team.

Many don't rate Johnstone so obviously we don't have the best keeper.

Many called hegazi a donkey early on in the season so we don't have the best center half partnership. Loads wanted rid of Gibbs/Barry/Livermore after relegation.
We have the best strike force on paper. That's it.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3393 on: March 09, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »
No " they are good team, full of good players, we had a good go and couldnt find what we needed, we will move on from this game, look back at the match tape and analyse it and look to get the 3 points in the next game"?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3394 on: March 09, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
Moore's management ability starting to show...

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3395 on: March 09, 2019, 05:48:17 PM »
The formation we attempted to play first half today showed how clueless he is, it was an absolute shambles, Dawson centre back, right back and right wing all in the first 20 minutes. He has to go, if it was anyone else he’d be gone, absolutely clueless

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3396 on: March 09, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
Just proving I can judge a head coaches' ability fairly quickly and stick with an opinion whilst being shouted down all season. Better than hero-worshiping a fraud and then jumping on the band wagon once he's been found out, I suppose.

Who is jumping on the band wagon and who says he’s been found out? Things can still change. Still laughing at you searching your own posts.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3397 on: March 09, 2019, 05:50:01 PM »
muddled, lacking in a clear decisive approach all season. Afraid we're being found out now results wise. I don't think Darren and Jones have found a formula and I don't think they will based on what i've seento now. Definately give them to the summer .  Unless they suddenly stumble on something they've missed all season I'd say its the beginning of the end for Darren and Jones though. Shame but thats life and we need to overhaul players and progress. we need someone with vision to do that
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:53:36 PM by darbolina »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3398 on: March 09, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
Tried not to be critical of DM but it is quite clear that this is not working. Do we stick or twist? Ipswich are rock bottom of the league and still managed 20+ shots against us and it is a good job they have not got a good strike force.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3399 on: March 09, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »
I am not convinced that a change now would produce the impetus we want. I do think we will get into the playoffs, but that will end in heart break. I would keep Daren till the season’s end, then give him the opportunity to stand down or move to another role in the club. If he doesn’t want to stand aside, then we sack him, I just want him to have the chance to walk first.

This summer will require a radical change at the club and total rebuild, David Wagner anyone?
don't want him any where near are youngsters as he is tactically inept and his football philosophy is pooh