Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 48103 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Graeme Jones
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/albion-confirm-jones-appointment/

ALBION are today delighted to confirm the appointment of Graeme Jones as new Assistant Head Coach.

Graeme joins fresh from his successful role alongside Roberto Martinez in helping guide Belgium to a third-place finish at this summer’s World Cup.

The reunion with Head Coach Darren Moore comes after the pair struck up a lifelong friendship during one season together earlier in their playing careers at Doncaster Rovers.

But it is a partnership Darren has been eager to resume in the belief that he has found the perfect blend for a new era at The Hawthorns.

Darren says: “Graeme and I have never been out of contact since those first days together at Doncaster and I cannot tell you how delighted I am to have him alongside me.

“He has all the right qualities as a man and all the right qualities as a coach. His attention to detail, his career record, and his qualities as a human being are exactly why I was determined he join me.

“He is an attack-minded coach and while I know what I want from our forward play, I believe Graeme can deliver that with precision.”

Graeme was at the Palm Training Ground today busily helping Darren make plans for the season’s opener against Bolton at The Hawthorns.

Darren insisted Graeme take a family holiday after the intensity of his World Cup campaign with Nacer Chadli’s Belgium to ensure he was fresh for the Championship challenge looming.

Now the pair will achieve their mutual dream of working together as they step into the home dug-out for the first time on Saturday.

Graeme says: “From a football perspective we need to get Albion back to where we should be, where we were.”

You can see Graeme’s first interview on his new appointment here at WBATV tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:12:15 PM by OldburyWBA »

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

Re: Graeme Jones - Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
Announced now as Darren Moore insisted he took a break with his family.

It's almost as if the club DO know what they're doing and all the pant wetting is completely unfounded.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »
Welcome Graeme. I hope it's a successful apointment. Took a while but seems that Moore finally got his man.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
Announced now as Darren Moore insisted he took a break with his family.

It's almost as if the club DO know what they're doing and all the pant wetting is completely unfounded.

I did notice the bit where Darren Moore was adamant he had his break, shows that Darren Moore isn't in a 'major' rush to get his man in and was quite calm about the whole situation.

Welcome Graeme.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
Excellent news, Welcome Graeme. Boing, boing!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
I did notice the bit where Darren Moore was adamant he had his break, shows that Darren Moore isn't in a 'major' rush to get his man in and was quite calm about the whole situation.

Welcome Graeme.

Wait till everyone finds out the away kit wasn't a last minute job. Heads will explode.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 02:24:23 PM »
Great appointment.....i think we can all agree!
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
Welcome Graeme, a long-awaited appointment. :)

Hope he could help Big Dave to build a balanced team.
The PRIDE of midlands

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »
Bring Henry with him as striking coach!!  :D :D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 02:32:42 PM »
Welcome to the Albion Graeme.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
Heard he's already convinced the Chelsea pair to
Turn down Madrid and will both pay off the Chelsea contracts and fancy a season in the champ

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »
If he can get us playing on the front foot ala Belgium he'll do for me

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
The good thing about this is that they are close and want to work together, and that can only be good for the club.

Welcome Graeme........really looking forward to the new season now!
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »
Welcome to our new assistant head coach.

Just a pity Belgium had such a decent run in the World Cup.

Could have done with him in earlier, still, it's a long season ahead.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
Welcome to the Albion GJ
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:18 PM »
Excellent intro article on the main site:
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/darren-moore-on-graeme-jones/
Great insight from DM about Graeme & why it was so important for him to bring him aboard, gives some insight into DMs philosophy on footie & his expectations of the players.

DARREN Moore has explained why he was determined to realise his dream of working alongside Graeme Jones, the new Assistant Head Coach whose appointment was today confirmed.

The pair have been close friends and footballing soul mates ever since they spent one season together during their playing days at Doncaster Rovers.

They have never been out of contact since, with Darren revealing that his pal was a constant sounding board during his six-game season finale as interim Head Coach.

By then, the new man was locked into Belgium’s World Cup campaign. Graeme has worked alongside Roberto Martinez through his posts at Wigan, Everton and finally with the team which finished third in Russia this summer.

But now they are together at last, delayed only by the Albion gaffer’s insistence that Graeme take a family holiday after the World Cup to ‘recharge his batteries’ in readiness for the Championship challenge ahead.

Summing up why he had waited to ensure Graeme be assistant Darren said: “His attention to detail, his work ethic, his professionalism, his achievements and performance at the highest level . . . beyond all that, his qualities as a human being are what I want to bring into this building in every appointment.

“His philosophies within the game, how it should be played . . . he is an attack-minded coach who knows what I want from forward play and I believe he can deliver it with precision.

“We’ve been friends ever since that season together and never been out of touch, no matter where we’ve been in the game. We’ve always spoken football and that connection has been there from day one.

"I’ve been out watching him in training with Roberto and we have always had this exchange of views. His outlook on the game from both a defensive and attacking point of view is something that works for me.

“His football knowledge and ability are only part of it. His qualities as a man are just as important. He is a wonderful person who can only benefit West Bromwich Albion going forward.

“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics.

“Ever since this opportunity was available, I know the Club has appealed to him and he is excited by what we want to do here. Graeme can impact the Club in many, many ways which can only be good for West Bromwich Albion.”
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:17:13 PM by OldburyWBA »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 03:23:31 PM »
“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics".

Big ouch goes out to Pardew and Carver et.al  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 03:28:04 PM »
Excellent intro article on the main site:
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/darren-moore-on-graeme-jones/
Great insight from DM about Graeme & why it was so important for him to bring him aboard, gives some insight into DMs philosophy on footie & his expectations of the players.

DARREN Moore has explained why he was determined to realise his dream of working alongside Graeme Jones, the new Assistant Head Coach whose appointment was today confirmed.

The pair have been close friends and footballing soul mates ever since they spent one season together during their playing days at Doncaster Rovers.

They have never been out of contact since, with Darren revealing that his pal was a constant sounding board during his six-game season finale as interim Head Coach.

By then, the new man was locked into Belgium’s World Cup campaign. Graeme has worked alongside Roberto Martinez through his posts at Wigan, Everton and finally with the team which finished third in Russia this summer.

But now they are together at last, delayed only by the Albion gaffer’s insistence that Graeme take a family holiday after the World Cup to ‘recharge his batteries’ in readiness for the Championship challenge ahead.

Summing up why he had waited to ensure Graeme be assistant Darren said: “His attention to detail, his work ethic, his professionalism, his achievements and performance at the highest level . . . beyond all that, his qualities as a human being are what I want to bring into this building in every appointment.

“His philosophies within the game, how it should be played . . . he is an attack-minded coach who knows what I want from forward play and I believe he can deliver it with precision.

“We’ve been friends ever since that season together and never been out of touch, no matter where we’ve been in the game. We’ve always spoken football and that connection has been there from day one.

"I’ve been out watching him in training with Roberto and we have always had this exchange of views. His outlook on the game from both a defensive and attacking point of view is something that works for me.

“His football knowledge and ability are only part of it. His qualities as a man are just as important. He is a wonderful person who can only benefit West Bromwich Albion going forward.

“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics.

“Ever since this opportunity was available, I know the Club has appealed to him and he is excited by what we want to do here. Graeme can impact the Club in many, many ways which can only be good for West Bromwich Albion.”

Loving this already!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
Bring Henry with him as striking coach!!  :D :D

Bring Henry with him as a striker!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 03:44:53 PM »
“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics".

Big ouch goes out to Pardew and Carver et.al  ;D .

I thought that quote was very interesting. However worrying Moore's experience as manager may be, his views on the personalities and people that he wants to bring into the club are fantastic and exactly how it should be.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
Henry is in talks to take over the Egyptian national squad apparently - but nice thought!!

He could still play and put our lot to shame.....
MAGA!

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
I thought that quote was very interesting. However worrying Moore's experience as manager may be, his views on the personalities and people that he wants to bring into the club are fantastic and exactly how it should be.
respect for taxi drivers aswell? oh no they still play for us so not always about pardew etc but easy to jump on pardew and pulis

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »

Couldn’t agree more. And he’s had the balls to bring in an assistant with arguably better experience than himself.  That shows great character.  Proud to be a Baggie again.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »
That's a great story and quotes from Big Dave. Really does seem to be a bit of a feel good factor back at the club.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »
Good solid appointment, can't believe some people  were panicking.