Dorrans
0 (0%)
Odemwingie
2 (12.5%)
Long
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: May 15, 2013, 09:33:28 AM

Author Topic: 7 May 2013 Man City 1 Albion 0  (Read 32063 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Ridgewell
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2013, 07:32:09 AM »
At times his passing and his distribution was very poor. Still unsure about Ridgewell as at times this season he has played really well then at other times he has looked pretty average.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »
I didn't watch the game but according to the team list he played in the midfield? What was up there?
Effectively played a 3-5-2 formation with Jones and Ridgewell playing more in line with Yacob and Mulumbu than the back three. Some horrendous crosses put in when he got in good positions was the most notable aspect of his performance.

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2013, 08:40:55 AM »
At times his passing and his distribution was very poor. Still unsure about Ridgewell as at times this season he has played really well then at other times he has looked pretty average.
Man City he was awful.......looked like he wanted to come off at half time. Hope Popov gets a run against Norwich
Don't call me Walt

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »
Im fairly pleased with the lads for their effort and feel we were extremely unlucky to not at least get a point for the second time this season. Perhaps the home defeat was more painful but you rarely see a team have that many shots at the Etihad.
It was just one of the nights what that the top teams have unfortunately, don't play very well but still grind out the win, the second half we murdered them but you always thought in the back of your mind that they were more likely to get a goal on the counter due to the cruel nature of football.

Obviously very disappointing to lose two on the bounce, albeit in very different fashion and to completely different teams, I don't think the performances were bad in either games. There is positives to take in terms of the football we provided, I don't think you can put either performance in the category of 'Zombie football'. The goals conceded were very poor and that has to be cut out.

We should really be at the 50 point mark now, the team just has to keep going and focus on this Norwich game which is certainly winnable, ideally we can get it done before the final day meeting with Man United. The players who come in did well and although we have a particular target to be met I can understand Clarke's thinking. We have to see if the players can handle the Premier League going into next season, I have to say I was concerned to say the least with the changes starting at Man City of all places and overall went a lot better than I expected.

jasonbot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
Oh right... I was reading the team as:

Myhill
Tamas ,  Dawson , Olsson  Jones
Mulumbu, Morrison , Yacob, Ridgewell
Rosenberg , Lukaku

442. Which is why I got confused. Thanks for clearing it up!