Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1131170 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2825 on: December 26, 2017, 10:02:40 PM »
We've only ever had one top class premiership striker in my eyes that was Odemwingie.the list of dross strikers for the years we've had in the top flight shows how poor we recruit,yes they cost lots of money but to keep bringing in cheap inadequate players or ones who've had few games for 12 months is a false economy where your paying top wages for no return.didn't we refuse Kevin Phillips a 2yr contract but now have J Rod and HRK on better contracts.
totally agree mate, paul williams was better than the dross we have got now and he was utter tripe.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2826 on: December 26, 2017, 10:12:37 PM »
Another golden chance missed at a game-changing time - an early goal would have seen us comfortably take three points.

It's not his fault that our options are so poor (particularly Rodriguez who is beyond awful), but he misses so many great chances at game-changing times that he has become a complete liability. I'd rather see Phillips lead the line instead of all three "strikers" in our squad if I'm honest.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2827 on: December 26, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
Another golden chance missed at a game-changing time - an early goal would have seen us comfortably take three points.

It's not his fault that our options are so poor (particularly Rodriguez who is beyond awful), but he misses so many great chances at game-changing times that he has become a complete liability. I'd rather see Phillips lead the line instead of all three "strikers" in our squad if I'm honest.
forwards are shyte and we need new strikers asap two at least, id let rodriguez go out on loan to Championship league with few to sell. hrk can sod off back to reading

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2828 on: December 26, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »
He's not a bad player, the time under Pullis and current confidence has had an effect, I'd also assume that when he looks around on the training pitch and sees Fat HRK and slick rick , he know he's a starter regardless.
Sarcastic cheering won't help, right now even though it's difficult you bite ya tongue and you vent at the end..

The biggest concern is how we have bombed field/Burke for no apparent reason, we need a striker desperately in January, a proper one , one that can actually score and Rondon,McLean,Rodrigues ,Livermore all need to come out of that team ..

Pulis is culpable, but Pardew has had long enough to see what we can see now.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2829 on: December 26, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »

Utterly despair. Seriously.

I was being sarcastic
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2830 on: December 26, 2017, 11:01:36 PM »
I was being sarcastic

I know I was agreeing with you.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2831 on: December 27, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
So, Rondon is rubbish.  ::)

List of current Premier League goal scorers attached:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Not sure any on that list are obtainable. Rondon is two goals away from featuring on the list and this is based on playing in a Pulis side that creates no (few) chances for forwards. If he hadn't got injured, I'd be expecting a change of fortune and our new coach playing to his strengths rather than fitting him into our style.

Let him play and he will score goals.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2832 on: December 27, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »

Utterly despair. Seriously.

For one so versed in the arts of Irony and Satire, how can you not see this for what it is ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2833 on: December 27, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
Was making this point the whole of last season and this one. Was told when we create more chances and get more support to him we'll see the real Rondon. I'm afraid we have been seeing the real one recently, he's just not good enough.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2834 on: December 27, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
I'm still furious with him. Those chances he has missed at Stoke and yesterday at key points in both matches have cost us dearly. We've had the luxury of playing two weak teams and managed one goal and one point when we should have had at least a draw and a win. Relegation beckons with this useless lump upfront.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2835 on: December 27, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Not sure if anyone has said this but he injured himself because of how bad he is.

He didn't call the ball properly and as a result, pulled his hamstring cause he kicked more air than ball.

Come on guys, he's been here long enough, he's not good enough.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2836 on: December 27, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
So, Rondon is rubbish.  ::)

List of current Premier League goal scorers attached:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Not sure any on that list are obtainable. Rondon is two goals away from featuring on the list and this is based on playing in a Pulis side that creates no (few) chances for forwards. If he hadn't got injured, I'd be expecting a change of fortune and our new coach playing to his strengths rather than fitting him into our style.

Let him play and he will score goals.

There's not enough games left to put your theory to the test
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2837 on: December 27, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »
There's not enough games left to put your theory to the test
Maybe.

And the person who is going to come in and replace him immediately fitting into the team and scoring goals is......?

I've always said no player is irreplaceable but I  just struggle to see where this free scoring striker that is better than Rondon and is both affordable and willing to come to the Albion is. I suspect there will be a significant number of dissapointed Albion fans if they believe it is going to happen.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2838 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »
He averages a goal every six matches this season which is hardly free scoring. He's the best we've got of a bad bunch.
Hope I've spelt everything ok.👅👅

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2839 on: December 27, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
I  just struggle to see where this free scoring striker that is better than Rondon and is both affordable and willing to come to the Albion is. I suspect there will be a significant number of dissapointed Albion fans if they believe it is going to happen.

This season he has scored 3 goals in 19 starts and 4 substitute appearances. Last season he managed 8 goals including just one from December onwards. Literally anybody else is worth a go. You don't get worst than that. Gary Jacob in today's times writes:

"While Harry Kane was breaking the record for goals in a calendar year, Salomón Rondón was intent on furnishing his collection of awful misses over the same time. The West Bromwich Albion striker squandered two chances from close range and it is not hard to see why his side are the second-lowest scorers in the top flight and in desperate need of a new striker when the transfer window opens."

The journalist is spot on. How Rondon's awfulness is even a debate speaks volumes of the mindset of some, open your eyes.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2840 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »
This season he has scored 3 goals in 19 starts and 4 substitute appearances. Last season he managed 8 goals including just one from December onwards. Literally anybody else is worth a go. You don't get worst than that. Gary Jacob in today's times writes:

"While Harry Kane was breaking the record for goals in a calendar year, Salomón Rondón was intent on furnishing his collection of awful misses over the same time. The West Bromwich Albion striker squandered two chances from close range and it is not hard to see why his side are the second-lowest scorers in the top flight and in desperate need of a new striker when the transfer window opens."

The journalist is spot on. How Rondon's awfulness is even a debate speaks volumes of the mindset of some, open your eyes.

Pretty much any team would take Harry Kane over their own striker at the moment. It smaks of lazy journalism to me has he skips the fact Pulis has history as the worst attacking coach in the premier league.

What's your point, Rondon is responsible for not being Harry Kane and Pulis's tactics?

I would love a 15+ goal a striker to replace him but we won't spend the money. He is by far the best striker at our club even with his recent misses.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2841 on: December 27, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
Pretty much any team would take Harry Kane over their own striker at the moment. It smaks of lazy journalism to me has he skips the fact Pulis has history as the worst attacking coach in the premier league.

What's your point, Rondon is responsible for not being Harry Kane and Pulis's tactics?

I would love a 15+ goal a striker to replace him but we won't spend the money. He is by far the best striker at our club even with his recent misses.

His point isn't anything to do with Kane but everything to do with Rondon. 

Rondon has chances, chances that any half decent striker should put away and his misses them.

This isn't anything to do with Pulis' tactics, just look at the last few games - these are chances that some of us would have scored ffs.  I'd be happy with a 10 goal a season striker at the moment.

I agree with you that he's the best we've got at the moment though - that tells you everything. 

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2842 on: December 27, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
Was making this point the whole of last season and this one. Was told when we create more chances and get more support to him we'll see the real Rondon. I'm afraid we have been seeing the real one recently, he's just not good enough.

yes regardless of Rondon's track record before coming here the fact of the matter is this stretch right now is the time for him to show what he's capable of and unfortunately he's not performing up to the task. Don't get me wrong, he's the best we have, the effort is there, and as shown yesterday again no other striker on the roster can even match his level of performance (limited in goals as it may be), but as others have pointed out he's the big ticket, he has the 9 on his back, and when clear-cut chances come he needs to be putting them away. He HAS TO score on the sitter against Stoke, he HAS to score on that early chance against Everton (I give him a pass on the second half since he might have gotten injured in the process of shooting), those are game-changing moments. I know he's capable of actually converting those chances but the fact is he didn't and that's what he's being judged on.

Since TP left Rondon's performances have improved tremendously - this season he has scored as many times without TP as he did with the negative man in charge. Some of those games, Liverpool for example, he was HUGE regardless of not really having goal opportunities. Usually I would get worked up about this thread having no activity after those games vs people quickly bringing up this thread to kill the man whenever he misses a chance but the criticism right now is warranted.

It's mostly on him, but this club has failed him too. Not having other strikers on the roster that can take the load off him definitely hurts. I mentioned about a week ago he'd need a break soon but AP knows he has no other forward that can affect the game that way Rondon does so he trots out #9 every time and now he's injured. I do hope a legit striker gets added to the roster this winter, be it to rotate with him or play alongside him. Without a CAM the formation needs to be a 4-4-2.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2843 on: December 27, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »

Jesus this is hard work. The self evident point is that Rondon is useless and his failure to convert guilt edged chances is taking us down to the championship. Hence we need to replace him asap.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2844 on: December 27, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
Since Pardew has taken over Rondon has:
-Failed to register against Palace, few half-chances, nothing of note.
-Missed a sitter at Swansea (free header, six yards out, over the bar) whilst we were losing 1-0 which cost us a point.
-Missed from point blank range at Stoke whilst under no pressure which would have got us back level.
-Missed two great chances yesterday against Everton.

I've not included the games against Liverpool or Utd as he didn't have much of a kick and the team was set-up to get bodies behind the ball.  Those big misses at big times in key games have cost us 5 points, which would have put us 13th.  We're 19th and have scored 14 in 20 games. We have to improve on Rondon or were not going to be in this league next season.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2845 on: December 27, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
Jesus this is hard work. The self evident point is that Rondon is useless and his failure to convert guilt edged chances is taking us down to the championship. Hence we need to replace him asap.

tell me about some people think 15+ goal scores grow on trees and would want to play for us. Even when Rondon is not scoring he brings so much more to the table. He is hands down the best target man we have had since Lukaku.

Yes he needs to find form in front of the goal but I would look to replace the other two strikers before Rondon.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2846 on: December 27, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »
Since Pardew has taken over Rondon has:
-Failed to register against Palace, few half-chances, nothing of note.
-Missed a sitter at Swansea (free header, six yards out, over the bar) whilst we were losing 1-0 which cost us a point.
-Missed from point blank range at Stoke whilst under no pressure which would have got us back level.
-Missed two great chances yesterday against Everton.

I've not included the games against Liverpool or Utd as he didn't have much of a kick and the team was set-up to get bodies behind the ball.  Those big misses at big times in key games have cost us 5 points, which would have put us 13th.  We're 19th and have scored 14 in 20 games. We have to improve on Rondon or were not going to be in this league next season.

I agree he should have scored on that one too but putting that L on Rondon is pure ignorance. Are we just going to ignore the counter he started off a Swansea corner, giving HRK a 4 on 2 that he ended up crossing way past everyone?

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2847 on: December 27, 2017, 07:35:24 PM »
tell me about some people think 15+ goal scores grow on trees and would want to play for us. Even when Rondon is not scoring he brings so much more to the table. He is hands down the best target man we have had since Lukaku.

Yes he needs to find form in front of the goal but I would look to replace the other two strikers before Rondon.

I think I made this point about last time this season. I don't think many people.are arguing we should replace Rondon before Robson-kanu.

BUT we need a first choice striker to push Rondon down to second choice and Robson-kanu to third.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2848 on: December 27, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »
He may be the best we have but that's not a very high bar, it's a bit like would you rather drink off milk, paraffin or dog piddle.

We need to buy and at the start of the window, we also are not looking for a "15 goal a season striker" one that gets 8-10 and can control a ball would be magic.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2849 on: December 27, 2017, 08:17:42 PM »
He's certainly got more supporters on here than most social media sites, been a keyboard junkie today
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties