Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844387 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #475 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
He will need at least 2 types of system to counter act teams coming to the Hawthorns, teams are going to come to us and shut shop, trying to get away with a point! we will need to have a system that will allow us to break down this type of team. something we did not have under Pulis or Pardew. and a 2nd system for the likes of Stoke, who bombard you with long balls all the time!

I wouldn’t be so sure. A lot of them might fancy their chances at turning us over and our current team doesn’t seem to know anything other than shutting up shop themselves.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #476 on: May 19, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
He's set up teams and taken points off sides who are elite European clubs. He was never in a position to try and instil a style of play during those 6 games. Instead he had to act like Ronsil and simply get the job done.

What he needs to be judged on is how he sets up a side that he has had the opportunity to mould into his own. You cannot stamp a style and identity on a football club in the last 6 games of a season where circumstances dictate otherwise.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #477 on: May 19, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »
It will take a good few transfer windows to clear out the dead wood and build the team he wants. You can’t really judge his full style until he’s built the team. However we will see signs straight away.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #478 on: May 19, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »
Be interesting to see how many players will stop after their comments saying many would stay if he was appointed.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2018, 04:19:33 PM »
He's set up teams and taken points off sides who are elite European clubs. He was never in a position to try and instil a style of play during those 6 games. Instead he had to act like Ronsil and simply get the job done.

What he needs to be judged on is how he sets up a side that he has had the opportunity to mould into his own. You cannot stamp a style and identity on a football club in the last 6 games of a season where circumstances dictate otherwise.

Very good post mate!

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2018, 05:33:37 PM »
We have a responsibility to give Big Dave the benefit.

We need to remember how far we've come. Whilst I'm just as disappointed as the next person at the lack of achievement during our time in the top tier, we have the opportunity of a second chance if we make an immediate return to the premier league.

If the recruitment of Darren Moore means the majority of the squad stay for one season - a personal expectation of mine, considering this is essentially the players own appointment - then this gives us every chance to continue our good form, and achieve an immediate promotion which avoids the need for a complete rebuild with limited resources in a second rate league.

We have a responsibility next season as fans to push this team up the league. That's why I'm spending my limited funds to increase my own attendance at the Hawthorns next season.

Good luck Big Dave, I'm confident you'll have a strong (and maintained) backing from our fanbase.

46 games, its going to be a long season...COYB!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2018, 06:09:07 PM »
time to enjoy pulis football again and sounds like as long as you work hard that is good enough, gone by xmas out the division by may, dean saunders mark 2

That's it, keep it positive.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2018, 07:40:41 PM »
 Its really hard to believe that some posters on here are actually baggies fans,isn't it.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
Its really hard to believe that some posters on here are actually baggies fans,isn't it.

99% are Baggies fans its just that people have different views and opinions, thats what makes a forum. Be a bit pointless having one if everyone agreed on everything wouldn't it ??
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2018, 07:54:50 PM »
99% are Baggies fans its just that people have different views and opinions, thats what makes a forum. Be a bit pointless having one if everyone agreed on everything wouldn't it ??

Would be the logical answer. Sadly not all on here are so logical and adopt the ‘if you don’t just smile and clap regardless you’re clearly not an Albion fan’. Quite pathetic really

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2018, 08:05:16 PM »

Clearly not the point the chap was making in my opinion. Although I appreciate the point of a forum.

The negativity we're seeing on this appointment reflects a culture not normally reflective of our fanbase.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:07:09 PM by letmereadposts »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
Would be the logical answer. Sadly not all on here are so logical and adopt the ‘if you don’t just smile and clap regardless you’re clearly not an Albion fan’. Quite pathetic really

Think your measured if underwhelmed response is a bit different to TBs post.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2018, 08:10:55 PM »

So if the argument is positive, then it must be ignorant?! The tiresome criticism of a 'Happy Clapper' is jading.

In the context of this topic, many are asking we give the benefit and full support for someone who clearly has the best intentions for the club (and community) we care for.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2018, 08:15:29 PM »
So if the argument is positive, then it must be ignorant?! The tiresome criticism of a 'Happy Clapper' is jading.

In the context of this topic, many are asking we give the benefit and full support for someone who clearly has the best intentions for the club (and community) we care for.

Not in the slightest. It’s an opinion, in the same manner in which a negative post is an opinion. Both are equal, neither are necessarily ignorant (though of course this is a subjective test), and the criticism of anyone being negative could be considered just as tiresome of anyone criticising those being positive

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
Not in the slightest. It’s an opinion, in the same manner in which a negative post is an opinion. Both are equal, neither are necessarily ignorant (though of course this is a subjective test), and the criticism of anyone being negative could be considered just as tiresome of anyone criticising those being positive

â€˜If you don’t just smile and clap regardless you’re clearly not an Albion fan’.  - This was not the point the chap was making.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2018, 08:26:13 PM »
Glad you understood it letmeread.

P Anderson

• Site Donator
  • Junior Baggie

« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2018, 10:50:09 PM »
I am happy that we have appointed a manager who has a strong connection with the club. DM will get my full support, the only concern is the players have pushed for this.
These are the same model pro’s that let us down so badly throughout the whole of last season. I would like to see all of the old boys club broken up and DM start his reign with a young team and a real plan in place throughout the club, from top to bottom. Sadly I think the same pro’s will become a spanner in the works with lack lustre performances and billy big boots attitudes.
Already average players like mclean,  think they are too big to be here.
I feel the key to this season is going to be in the recruitment of players and coaching staff but fear we will have problems getting rid of some of the overrated and overpaid, who will remain under the guise of supporting DM.
Submariners go deeper

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #492 on: May 20, 2018, 08:42:35 AM »
Has anybody read how long a contract he's signed?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #493 on: May 20, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »
I’m suddenly having cold feet about the appointment. Not sure why. I want nothing more than Darren to succeed.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #494 on: May 20, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what do we think the make up of the backroom staff should be? An experienced no.2 at championship level a must?

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2018, 09:18:45 AM »
I am happy that we have appointed a manager who has a strong connection with the club. DM will get my full support, the only concern is the players have pushed for this.
These are the same model pro’s that let us down so badly throughout the whole of last season. I would like to see all of the old boys club broken up and DM start his reign with a young team and a real plan in place throughout the club, from top to bottom. Sadly I think the same pro’s will become a spanner in the works with lack lustre performances and billy big boots attitudes.
Already average players like mclean,  think they are too big to be here.
I feel the key to this season is going to be in the recruitment of players and coaching staff but fear we will have problems getting rid of some of the overrated and overpaid, who will remain under the guise of supporting DM.

This is where Darren needs to stamp his authority early. A ruthless approach to players who haven’t been commited enough and also players that aren’t good enough should be told they are no longer part of the plans. Nyom, McLean, Robson Kanu, Morrison, Barry etc.

Hopefully we can get a few out the door early in the window for a change.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »
I’m suddenly having cold feet about the appointment. Not sure why. I want nothing more than Darren to succeed.

I reckon it's just the anxiety of wanting us to do well this season. Regardless of how any of us feel about Big Dave, we are together in our ambition.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »

I think it’s because there’s that element it might all go tits up for one of our modern day legends. No one wants this to end badly or destroy the fans feelings towards big Dave.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »
This is where Darren needs to stamp his authority early. A ruthless approach to players who haven’t been commited enough and also players that aren’t good enough should be told they are no longer part of the plans. Nyom, McLean, Robson Kanu, Morrison, Barry etc.

Hopefully we can get a few out the door early in the window for a change.

I would have myhill and his comfy slippers out so fast his feet wouldn’t touch the floor.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2018, 09:58:59 AM »
I think it’s because there’s that element it might all go tits up for one of our modern day legends. No one wants this to end badly or destroy the fans feelings towards big Dave.

This is it, we all want manager to succeed with us even if we previously couldn't stand them (Pulis, Pardew) but this one is huge - most of us LOVE Darren Moore. Scored THAT goal at the Smethwick, was there on the great escape and has worked his way up in the club. For him to fail would be heartbreaking on more levels than Pulis/Pardew failing.