Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2363524 times)

shortybaggies

• Junior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1175 on: July 03, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
Birmingham Airport just announced that there will be two weekly flights to Beijing, could be handy....  ;D
Nothing like a bit of doom and gloon

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1176 on: July 03, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
Can we cut this stuff out then and stick to the topic instead of aiming petty pathetic comments at others, getting sick of it.

Yet another dictatorship style comment Oldbury... Heaven forbid peoeple should express theirsef on a bloody message board ...  ::) *yawn* (start countdown to post removal for expressing view that is in contrast to hiarcy's view)

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1177 on: July 03, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
The story about the Chinese billionaire buying the club must be true. I've just heard that we have bid for both Messi and Ronaldo. ;D ;D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1178 on: July 03, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
Someone said they could see Peace staying on in an overseeing role? I could see that happening.
Reading between the lines it seems the interest lies in West Bromwich Holdings Ltd, not West Bromwich Albion FC.
West Brom holdings have the majority of shares in West Brom FC, but not all of them.

My main criticism of Peace is that he interfere's with the team too much and some of his appointments have almost cost us our place in the prem.
But he excels as a businessman and we will never be in debt with him in charge.

He seems to have put the footballing side in the hands of Pulis, he has never given that much power to a manager/coach before, not even Hodgson. Why would he do this unless he knew he had the funds to finance Pulis's signing's?

This might be a dream of mine and i am barking up the wrong tree, but a manager who runs the team and buy's and sells, a financial investor to get the targets and Peace to oversee things and keep the club from overspending.

Now that i WOULD be happy with. We could compete in the transfer market and have someone with an astute mind in control of the club. It would also allay fears about a foreign owner taking complete control.

Is this just wishful thinking?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1179 on: July 03, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »
Yet another dictatorship style comment Oldbury... Heaven forbid peoeple should express theirsef on a bloody message board ...  ::) *yawn* (start countdown to post removal for expressing view that is in contrast to hiarcy's view)

And here we go again. Yeah yawn yawn yawn

How is it a dictatorship style comment to ask people to stop making petty comments to other members ? It does nothing to help us run the board and creates plenty of arguments when others respond in the same way.

Maybe if some had access to the deleted posts board they would understand.

No, i'm not going to remove it, you made a comment i'm replying to it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1180 on: July 03, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
Am I jumping the gun booking Chinese lessons? ::)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1181 on: July 03, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »
The players have been told not to do cart-wheels if they score....Just spring rolls.  ;D

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1182 on: July 03, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
Can we cut this stuff out then and stick to the topic instead of aiming petty pathetic comments at others, getting sick of it.

Not as sick as me reading the petty vendettas, miss information and dissatisfaction with where the club is now compared to 10 years ago :(

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1183 on: July 03, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
Some are fantastic moaners on here, good news today club is basically sold and I'm guessing we will have three weeks or so in August to splash the cash under there new dictatorship maybe ?, need a few more signings before then of course I just don't know how much we will spend surely peace won't put money in just before he leaves ?.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1184 on: July 03, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
Not as sick as me reading the petty vendettas, miss information and dissatisfaction with where the club is now compared to 10 years ago :(

Not much we can do about that though unfortunately. We have to cater for those both sides of the discussions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1185 on: July 03, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
A few observations.

I can't really think of a Far Eastern takeover that has ever been a great success. Leicester are about as good as I can think of, but the likes of Birmingham and Cardiff scare me. I hope Peace has made sure, the massive fan he claimed to be, that this consortium understand the culture of the club and English football in general. I know if I had millions I wouldnt put greed ahead of the club I love.

Secondly, the Daily Mail are reporting that the club were on the market for around £170+ million. A few years ago, Peace forced and aggresive share deal, taking shares if loyal fans for an amount that valued the club around £18 million was it? Not a bad rise in value in such a short time   ::)
Boing Boing

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1186 on: July 03, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »

Just my opinion mate, am i not entitled to one without nasty personal comments?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1187 on: July 03, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »

In Oldbury's defence over my comment it was petty and pathetic and a dig at those people on here who hate Peace but aren't celebrating him being halfway out the door. He was right to pick me up on it, though it was a general comment not quoting or aimed at anyone in particular. Aside from being pretty outspoken when I see people spreading conjecture or mistruths, I do find myself almost always agreeing with Oldbury and 'the hierarchy' on here because I know how much pooh they have to trawl through on these more divisive topics.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1188 on: July 03, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »
A few observations.

I can't really think of a Far Eastern takeover that has ever been a great success. Leicester are about as good as I can think of, but the likes of Birmingham and Cardiff scare me. I hope Peace has made sure, the massive fan he claimed to be, that this consortium understand the culture of the club and English football in general. I know if I had millions I wouldnt put greed ahead of the club I love.

Secondly, the Daily Mail are reporting that the club were on the market for around £170+ million. A few years ago, Peace forced and aggresive share deal, taking shares if loyal fans for an amount that valued the club around £18 million was it? Not a bad rise in value in such a short time   ::)

I too am slightly worried, bt, it was never in our hands. As for your second point 6 years in the prem will do that mate :D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: July 03, 2015, 07:35:01 PM »
Does anyone know what this takeover bid means regarding new players?. who is control JP or the new consortium.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1190 on: July 03, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
A few observations.

Put it this way, Peace is selling a company that makes £75M+ a year (and rising). You cut some costs, bump the club up a few league positions (we finished 8th with a less expensive squad remember) and your profits will go up too. Selling a company that makes tens of millions per year, with likely even more (let's say £90m a year with new deal) then £170m total for that money making potential isn't bad. Someone stays the length of time Peace has making that kinda money per year you've had a bargain.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1191 on: July 03, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
6 years in the prem in spite of Peace not because of him. Peace's idea of success is when we were yo yo ing, we would get in players for a pittance, then get relegated, sell the players for a profit, bank the parachute money then get in other players on freebies and loans and then repeat.
When we were in the top half of the table under Hodgson, (and don't forget we were still in a relegation battle in Feb when we hammered the Wolves), people mentioned europe.
Peace said he might not let us enter as we could not afford it.

What sort of ambition is that?  Peace himself sees us a a mid table championship club. He has done well for us but he has done far better out of us.
Peace is a businessman and runs us soley as a business, ie to make money for himself.

I see us as a great football club,that fell on hard times but is now back where it belongs, in the top flight,where we have spent most of our history.

West Bromwich Albion are in my heart, my sole, my blood, i am a third generation baggie. The club was here long long before i was born and hopefully will be long after i have gone.
Jeremy Peace won't be, and he will come nowhere near the affection i have for Albion.

I only want the best for this club and i feel Peace and his penny pinching ways have held us back over the last 10 years.

I would like an investor who will finance the team,give Pulis the first choice players he craves, not someone getting in players on the cheap and then telling the manager to get on with it.

£10 to see a trophy we hadn't won in 90 years, wouldn't let the players parade it round the pitch. The ejecting of the Astle family from the Hawthorns.
Disgrace.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: July 03, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
On the subject of income/ profit . Last year was 86 million turn over . Now if I'm correct and this goes up by 30 million, we will have a income of let's say 115 million . If the club is sold for 150 million ,it's going to take a while for any profit . Unless we become a rich mans toy .

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: July 03, 2015, 08:01:44 PM »
Just a pointer to those saying the club is basically sold (not having a go at anyone) but villa also have exclusivity to a buyer what seems an age ago and randy is still in charge of those lot.

I'm just hoping it's not the same consortium interested in both teams as someone will end up with egg on their face
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1194 on: July 03, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »
6 years in the prem in spite of Peace not because of him. Peace's idea of success is when we were yo yo ing, we would get in players for a pittance, then get relegated, sell the players for a profit, bank the parachute money then get in other players on freebies and loans and then repeat.
When we were in the top half of the table under Hodgson, (and don't forget we were still in a relegation battle in Feb when we hammered the Wolves), people mentioned europe.

What sort of ambition is that?  Peace himself sees us a a mid table championship club. He has done well for us but he has done far better out of us.
Peace is a businessman and runs us soley as a business, ie to make money for himself.

I see us as a great football club,that fell on hard times but is now back where it belongs, in the top flight,where we have spent most of our history.

West Bromwich Albion are in my heart, my sole, my blood, i am a third generation baggie. The club was here long long before i was born and hopefully will be long after i have gone.
Jeremy Peace won't be, and he will come nowhere near the affection i have for Albion.

I only want the best for this club and i feel Peace and his penny pinching ways have held us back over the last 10 years.

I would like an investor who will finance the team,give Pulis the first choice players he craves, not someone getting in players on the cheap and then telling the manager to get on with it.

£10 to see a trophy we hadn't won in 90 years, wouldn't let the players parade it round the pitch. The ejecting of the Astle family from the Hawthorns.
Disgrace.
sorry dv there is not a lot I agree with on this . I have been very happy to be up there in the premiership . Peace has managed the club well   He was never going to be a sugar daddy was he . For every club that has been run has well has us I can show you a dozen that have been run by total crooks . Peace has done nothing illegal in his tenure and leaves us in brilliant shape . I will admit his aloofness and attitude may have been poor , but at the same time we don't know who we are going to get do we .

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1195 on: July 03, 2015, 08:15:34 PM »
As i said, i would not be unhappy to see him stay on in some capacity on the business side to make sure everything we do is legal and above board.

It's just his interference into the playing side, his ignorance in club traditions and his treatment of former legends and their families i despise him for.

Thompson gave us the foundations to build on, his fall out with Megson gave Peace the chance to seize control and boy did he take it.

But he is not a football man, we are just a cash cow to him.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1196 on: July 03, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »
Just a pointer to those saying the club is basically sold (not having a go at anyone) but villa also have exclusivity to a buyer what seems an age ago and randy is still in charge of those lot.

I'm just hoping it's not the same consortium interested in both teams as someone will end up with egg on their face

If I remember the villa story correctly the exclusivity deal was struck to allow the interested bidder a period to conduct due diligence. We went through that part of the process with 3 interested parties and one has  dropped out shortly after and two have been in discussions over the last few weeks and we now have one preferred bidder.   

Our sale is probably closer than the Villa's.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1197 on: July 03, 2015, 09:00:48 PM »

Disgrace.

Mate I cant tell you how much I disagree with this, I have been in the directors box and seen his reactions and they are as you would expect of any Albion fan i.e. passionate. Do I care if he makes £100m? not in the slightest, good luck to him.

He has taken a club with little to an established prem club by whatever means and that should be rewarded. Training ground, players, staff, academy, stadium and infrastructure, he has done more than anyone IMO.

No way this will fall down now and best of luck to JP who in my opinion is the best WBA chairman ever.

Just sayin!!
Gera, Gera, Gera

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1198 on: July 03, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »
Mate I cant tell you how much I disagree with this, I have been in the directors box and seen his reactions and they are as you would expect of any Albion fan i.e. passionate. Do I care if he makes £100m? not in the slightest, good luck to him.

He has taken a club with little to an established prem club by whatever means and that should be rewarded. Training ground, players, staff, academy, stadium and infrastructure, he has done more than anyone IMO.

No way this will fall down now and best of luck to JP who in my opinion is the best WBA chairman ever.

Just sayin!!
I think it's a minority who see him as a failure, whilst the majority will agree he's done a very good job.
With this in mind I hope he has some kind of role and say on matters but I very much doubt it.

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1199 on: July 03, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »

Just sayin!!
Spot on well said - some people have very selective memories. Well done JP -thanks for stabilizing our club.
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"