Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349740 times)

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1125 on: July 03, 2015, 12:26:04 PM »
IF it is a Chinese group i hope we don't end up like a Blues or Cardiff.....
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1126 on: July 03, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
IF it is a Chinese group i hope we don't end up like a Blues or Cardiff.....

If it is a Chinese group you can forget the 'hot dogs'
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1127 on: July 03, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
So in a nutshell nothing significant has happened. The interested party could well still pull out of any deal....as i said don't be surprised if JP is still here in August.

A deal going to exclusivity is a very significant step. It means WBA have selected the best deal for the business and shareholders to the point where the deal in principle discussed to date would be acceptable to both the "sell" & "buy" side.
This is also where the potential buyers start racking up the serious legal costs that are incurred to complete a deal; you don't throw hundreds of thousands of pounds at legal costs for something the buyer is not confident of buying. Of course its not a 100% guarantee

The main issue for me is what are we going to do in the transfer market over the exclusivity period
Twitter: @floydy1983

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: July 03, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
What's with the "Waited hours for that" comments? We are being sold. That's as significant as it gets.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1129 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
It wouldn't have been so bad if the press release was released on time at 10.30 but to faff around for another 90 +minutes is absolutely madness.
If they faff around like that with transfers I can see why we loose out on so many prospective targets

This faffing around does seem to be a general problem in the way this club is run.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1130 on: July 03, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
Yes it's safe to assume that because of a hitch with whatever releasing the statement (from a nerdy little IT lad ballsing something up to a power failure to absolutely anything) that everything we do as a club is faffing and we dilly dally over transfers and contracts, generally on purpose try to make things harder for ourselves.

Once again some of you are utter geniuses
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1131 on: July 03, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
So no guarantee of a sale and with JP's reputation for being intransigent this could all breakdown by the end of the month. Not quite sure whether this ongoing uncertainty will have effects on the playing side or not.
Steve Madeley ‏@smadeley_star

To fans underwhelmed by statement, it effectively means the club is in the final throes of being taken over. Dry, but very significant. #wba
The PRIDE of midlands

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1132 on: July 03, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »
The statement pretty much confirms that we will be sold. Takeovers tend not to breakdown at this stage the price has to be pretty much agreed most of the stumbling blocks have been dealt with and often there are penalty clauses for withdrawal at this stage.

Peace has almost certainly sold the club and for better or for worse we are heading into a new era.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1133 on: July 03, 2015, 12:38:08 PM »
Yes it's safe to assume that because of a hitch with whatever releasing the statement (from a nerdy little IT lad ballsing something up to a power failure to absolutely anything) that everything we do as a club is faffing and we dilly dally over transfers and contracts, generally on purpose try to make things harder for ourselves.

Once again some of you are utter geniuses

an some utterly gullable

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1134 on: July 03, 2015, 12:38:21 PM »
I can see that on 1st August the headlines will read.

Proposed new owners pulled out of deal cause of negativity of WBA fans. :P

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1135 on: July 03, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@smadeley_star

To fans underwhelmed by statement, it effectively means the club is in the final throes of being taken over. Dry, but very significant. #wba

And then what happens if the new owners aren't multi billion dollar guys who don't throw money at us but see it as a good business opportunity to make a tidy profit from a relatively low turnover, much like JP has. Bitch bitch bitch, cannot wait ::). Definitely be avoiding WBA forums then.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1136 on: July 03, 2015, 12:41:17 PM »
To summarise, an announcement has been made that an announcement may be made in a month.
to be fair, people have been complaining about the club not telling them anything. saying they'd prefer the club to come out and say "nothing is happening". I bet their ecstatic right about now  ::)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1137 on: July 03, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »
Bill "worth the wait" Howell is most to blame for that anti-climax
Steve Madeley mentioned on the E&S updates that no one had been given a pre announcement statement. meaning they knew it was about the takeover, but nothing else.

Not that the papers care that much, theres been a significant traffic spike for them

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1138 on: July 03, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
to be fair, people have been complaining about the club not telling them anything. saying they'd prefer the club to come out and say "nothing is happening". I bet their ecstatic right about now  ::)

TBH I don't think there would have been a problem if the club had come out at 10.30 and said 'the deals been done and barring any last minute hitches were in the hands of new owners who at this moment in time we cannot name.'[
There wouldn't have been a problem, its all the smoke and mirrors that's rubbed people up the wrong way.
Forget the IT problems or whatever, why couldn't somebody walk into the media centre to assembled journalists and delivered the 12.15pm message at 10.30 am as planned.
Just another amateurish stab at being a big club.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1139 on: July 03, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »
The statement pretty much confirms that we will be sold. Takeovers tend not to breakdown at this stage the price has to be pretty much agreed most of the stumbling blocks have been dealt with and often there are penalty clauses for withdrawal at this stage.

Peace has almost certainly sold the club and for better or for worse we are heading into a new era.

Almost certainly now going through the FA's "fit and proper owners" test with terms agreed.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1140 on: July 03, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »
People moan that we are being kept in the dark, club provides update through a statement informing us that a takeover is imminent... people moan. 
"This crack is really moreish."

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1141 on: July 03, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »
Now that this has moved to the next phase of the process are we likely to find out anything about the prospective owners or will it still be a closely guarded secret?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1142 on: July 03, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
Now that this has moved to the next phase of the process are we likely to find out anything about the prospective owners or will it still be a closely guarded secret?

I would think that's the last official update until the deal is completed

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1143 on: July 03, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
Almost certainly now going through the FA's "fit and proper owners" test
Given some of the dodgy people who've been allowed to take over clubs, I can't imagine the test will take very long to sort out!  ;D

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1144 on: July 03, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »
If we compare this to buying a house , then I guess the price is agreed, surveys are done and the lawyers are now finalising paperwork before completion. Buying a house, this process can take a month or two so one month for a 150m commercial takeover ain't bad.

I read is as saying a deal is done in principal so thanks and goodbye JP, onwards and upwards!

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1145 on: July 03, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
Is anyone else more worried than excited?

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1146 on: July 03, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
Almost certainly now going through the FA's "fit and proper owners" test
Given some of the dodgy people who've been allowed to take over clubs, I can't imagine the test will take very long to sort out!  ;D

I think it goes along the lines of

Q1. Do you want to own a football club ?
Yes/No

Q2. Do you promise that you'll be nice to the football club ?
Yes/No

That's it - you are fit and proper

Thank you
 :o :o

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1147 on: July 03, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
People moan that we are being kept in the dark, club provides update through a statement informing us that a takeover is imminent... people moan.

I, for one, am happy that the Club has at least said something rather than treating supporters like the proverbial mushrooms. I didn't expect anything else until the deal is completed.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1148 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »
Is anyone else more worried than excited?

I guess we will soon find out by the quality of player coming in. We have to trust JP on this one..... know where you are coming from though, I think the phrase is 'nervously excited'..........
MAGA!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1149 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Now it gets interesting, legal eagles, warranties, guarantees etc. In addition using any downside information or risk to help the buyer reduce or amend the buying price- could still go "tits up" if there is intransigence from both parties during this final month 8)