Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369549 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #525 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »
Got nothing to do with Peace, Palace and the likes of are above us at the moment because they have quality wingers and decent strikers they also play a fluent style of football that on there day can sweep teams aside. Very much like our team under Hodgson/Clarke, Quality side full of potential and pace.

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #526 on: June 16, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
A key thing in the value between WBA and Villa is that we are debt free. Whilst unless Randy is willing to work away with massive lose he'll want more dosh to cover his backside.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #527 on: June 16, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
JP Said the interest, unless confirmed should be concluded by the beginning of June.
We have nothing definite. so FORGET IT.
Surely the handing over of the accounts for due diligence IS confirmation of interest??
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #528 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:42 AM »
One way or the other if JP sticks to his words we will know for sure what has happened in 13 days time.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #529 on: June 16, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
I think if a deal was close surely something would come out of the club? It's very hard to keep secrets from the media these days.
I would be surprised if it happened to be honest.

The cynical side of me says, it could be another ploy as to why we aren't proactive in the transfer market, unless we are letting players go.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #530 on: June 16, 2015, 09:50:46 AM »
Lets face it apart from the potential buyers themselves who from the club do they actually need to deal with apart from Peace and his lawyers? It isn't like transfers that rarely stay quiet as there are so many involved in it.

Very few people will know where a potential takeover stands and I doubt it would be beneficial to either party for it to be released to the press until its done.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #531 on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »
Yes whatever
On the other hand,you get clubs like Palace, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke and now even little Bournemouth. All the se clubs put together haven't won anything like what we have, had crowds like we did in the past, or had such a great history as a top flight club.
These clubs would now be favourite to sign any player before us. Why? Because they have rich owners.
Jeremy may be a nice gut, and it's loveley that you all think well of him.
But every passing season,clubs like Palace, ( we thought that was a great 0-2 win away didn't we), and Swansea and Stoke are pulling away from us. While we splash about hoping there are three more teams who will be worse than us.
Don't forget under Peace, the Hawthorns has become a small ground, legends of the club and their families have been snubbed. He even chared fans to see the Championship trophy, i never got to see it.
I can't think of another club that would win something and then refuse to parade it and charge their fans instead.

A step into the unknown can be terrifying, and i would be lying if i said it wouldn't make me nervous. But more seasons of struggle until the chairmans luck finally runs out and he leaves anyway, is not something i relish.

I think if he had put a realistic price on the club we would have been sold by now, but Mr Peace likes to squeeze out every last penny.

£150m for Villa Park or the Hawthorns at the same price. Not rocket science is it?

Provided a club can get into the Premier League and survive a couple of seasons they are the same as us. History counts for nothing when trying to sign players who will be typically in their 20's possibly from overseas and only interested in three things

1. Money
2. Location and what that means for me and my family
3. Will I play?

How each of those things rank depends on the individual but club history not enter into their thinking I am sure.

The notion that any team from 7th down to 17th is very much better off than any other is false and frankly any team other than the ones that can afford to pay £100m plus a year in wages are only one bad season away from relegation and yes that does include Southampton and Swansea.

If relegation form is a run of 10 games at less than a point a game (our benchmark for firing a coach by the way) last season at least half of the division endured such a run including Everton and West Ham. The current media darlings Southampton who had a wonderful season were not included in that group because they managed 10 points from their last ten games.

None of these fundamentals change if and when we change ownership. We are punching above our weight being here to a degree and even if we are here in 10 years time we will still be punching above our weight.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #532 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:13 AM »
Well, all we can do is wait and see one way or the other. This thread is going nowhere at the moment.

So frustrating being a Baggie.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
There is a contract agreeing a confidentiality clause. If this becomes broken the deal is off so it not surprising we have heard nothing!  The lawyers would also lose a lot of money if anything was leaked.  News will only break when there is news !

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2015, 10:10:59 AM »
Just seen a tweet from Bill Howell (I know not the most insightful source) to the effect that JP is keen on doing a deal and he believes there is a fair chance it will happen.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #535 on: June 16, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
Well, all we can do is wait and see one way or the other. This thread is going nowhere at the moment.

So frustrating being a Baggie.

Agree, it seems all around us action is happening on the transfer market, Villa nabbing two, even in the midst of being supposedly sold like us.

I would rather the club just occasionally said, " nothing is happening" then this limbo we seem to get left in every summer break with no news.....no sponsor, supposedly new owners, no home kit confirmed, no transfers.....but betting being a frustrated Baggie than a stupid Villan.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #536 on: June 16, 2015, 03:39:16 PM »
anything after the 30th of june and it will effect us in the transfer market etc the season will be around quick...we take long enough over players never mind with a takeover hanging over us....hopefully pulis doesnt get annoyed with the situation

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #537 on: June 16, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »
Why would anyone from the club come out and say 'nothing's happening'?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #538 on: June 16, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »
The club do a incredible job of keeping their cards close to their chest so im not worried in the slightest. I understand why some are worried because we haven't heard anything via the media as of yet. One thing people need to keep in mind is that these are private conversations between Peace and interested over seas parties and the club aren't going to give us day by day updates. There are only a small group of people who truly know whats going on and that's Peace and the interested parties. Its still very early days in the summer so there's absolutely no need to go anywhere near the panic button as of yet in my opinion.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
The club do a incredible job of keeping their cards close to their chest so im not worried in the slightest. I understand why some are worried because we haven't heard anything via the media as of yet. One thing people need to keep in mind is that these are private conversations between Peace and interested over seas parties and the club aren't going to give us day by day updates. There are only a small group of people who truly know whats going on and that's Peace and the interested parties. Its still very early days in the summer so there's absolutely no need to go anywhere near the panic button as of yet in my opinion.

I agree, anybody stands more chance of finding out about FIFA than us but when would you press the panic button.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2015, 04:23:18 PM »
Why would anyone from the club come out and say 'nothing's happening'?

Dave Kemp pretty much did a week or so ago in either the Brummie mail or the express and star...I'm not sure which as I get newspaper cuttings. It was one of those "things are going on behind the scenes but we aren't in a position to say anything yet" responses.

The club will tell the media when there is something to tell. I'm sure things are being worked on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #541 on: June 16, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »
Dave Kemp pretty much did a week or so ago in either the Brummie mail or the express and star...I'm not sure which as I get newspaper cuttings. It was one of those "things are going on behind the scenes but we aren't in a position to say anything yet" responses.

The club will tell the media when there is something to tell. I'm sure things are being worked on.

Exactly, that's not someone saying nothing's happening, that's someone saying something is happening just don't expect a flurry of press releases. A lot of people think the club have to tell us everything immediately even if, as has been demanded earlier it's to say 'nothing is happening'.

Just because nobody is screaming news from the floodlights doesn't mean nothing is happening.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »
After hearing about mclean, i feel JP is staying.. Its not something a new chairman would do. Plus we had signings like this last year.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #543 on: June 16, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
I must admit I am a little frustrated at hearing no news, but let's face it nothing will be public until they want us to know. At the end of the day this is the safest and most secure way to conduct such a deal. We are linked to all sorts of players at the minute as the transfer merry go round starts up. We may even be conducting two transfer strategies at the moment one on a jezza budget and one on a new owner budget, even if we do get taken over there may not be time to get better deals over the line, it might be Christmas time before it reaps any benefit! All that matters for now is that the suns out!👍🏻

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #544 on: June 16, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
After hearing about mclean, i feel JP is staying.. Its not something a new chairman would do. Plus we had signings like this last year.

Things can't grind to a halt just because a takeover might happen. Its business as usual as much as it possibly can be at this stage. I'm not sure what you mean when you say its not something a new chairman would do, do you mean you think a new chairman would come in and start spending much more than that on players and turn his nose up at what could turn out to be a bargain? We didn't have signings like that last summer really, not many players we got with experience in England.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:01:32 PM by B_H_Baggie »

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »

I don't think there's any correlation at all in this. The new guy/company taking over would almost certainly say that low fee, low risk signings should be happening when possible.

If the fee is indeed £1.5 and the wages were on the lowish side, then this isn't something i think would impact a club sale. If anything McClean is probably back up as he can be used either side, if you're basing your attack on quick wingers you need bare minimum 3, if not 4 or 5.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
Nobody seems to be taking on board the fact that even once a deal is agreed, the buyer must pass the "fit and proper persons" test. 

If they are coming from China in particular (a big possibility) then that process will inevitably take longer than usual.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
Yes, that is all we can hope for in the present regime, and i think that is asking a bit too much, struggling aganist relegation every year is more like we can expect.
Are you happy with that? Is that OK as long as Jeremy balances the books, and keeps himself a rich man?

8th to 10th is all we can hope for under ANY chairman. My point wasn't that Peace was holding us back but that we have already reached our ceiling and expect no more.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »
8th to 10th is all we can hope for under ANY chairman. My point wasn't that Peace was holding us back but that we have already reached our ceiling and expect no more.

Agree. We could have a richer owner than Peace but get relegated. Look at how much money that Tony Fernandes has.
the regime don't like it man

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »
Agree. We could have a richer owner than Peace but get relegated. Look at how much money that Tony Fernandes has.

One think Fernandes had to deal with was 'Arry spunking his money up the wall. I don't think that would happen here
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'