Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 216096 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »
Harper probably worth 1m or 2m in today's market. Izzy Brown probably 3m to 5m and Tyler Roberts 2m or 3m.

Imagine having these three players at our disposal or an extra 10m to spend this summer.............Instead we'll probably spend similar money on players of a similar quality so it will be a double whammy....mad really but that's how we've been run lately

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2019, 03:46:48 PM »
Harper probably worth 1m or 2m in today's market. Izzy Brown probably 3m to 5m and Tyler Roberts 2m or 3m.

Imagine having these three players at our disposal or an extra 10m to spend this summer.............Instead we'll probably spend similar money on players of a similar quality so it will be a double whammy....mad really but that's how we've been run lately

I think this is the thing that grates, we replace with players that are no better and in most cases are on more money. Is Robson-Kanu for example better than Roofe or Roberts? not a chance and he's on silly money for sitting on the bench coming on for the last 20 minutes with the odd start here and there, nothing to aim for as he's at a level higher than he deserves to be whereas these kids have careers ahead of them and if they progress well could bring good money to the club in the future, if they don't they get released in a couple of years, whichever that is depends on them and their performances.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2019, 06:48:05 AM »
What we are saying then who at the club is analysing player performance and making tough assessments (rightly or wrongly) based on that? 

I’d be asking why we waited till Jan 19 before playing Harper when he could’ve started the season?

It seems to me players in their 30s are attracted to stay at this football club because their wives want to be settled into a permanent home, kids have to find a school etc.  They never seem to want to leave.

The kids on the other hand seem to want to leave at the drop of a hat for higher wages and think the grass is greener within a more ambitious set up.

No player should be signed unless they markedly improve the quality of the squad.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »
What we are saying then who at the club is analysing player performance and making tough assessments (rightly or wrongly) based on that? 

I’d be asking why we waited till Jan 19 before playing Harper when he could’ve started the season?

It seems to me players in their 30s are attracted to stay at this football club because their wives want to be settled into a permanent home, kids have to find a school etc.  They never seem to want to leave.

The kids on the other hand seem to want to leave at the drop of a hat for higher wages and think the grass is greener within a more ambitious set up.

No player should be signed unless they markedly improve the quality of the squad.

Thats the problem with Little Aston and Henley in Arden the more celubrious parts of the west Mids where players live, really good for bringing kids up and family life but no good for the Yoof innit.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #604 on: June 08, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »
I think a new manager could convince him to sign. All the uncertainty at the club must be unsettling for a player and I’m hoping if Bilic becomes manager he could convince him to stay

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »
Matt Wilson has given us an update on the Rakeem Harper situation:

"The Baggies have made Harper their second and final contract offer, but he is yet to sign.

However, Bilic is expected to meet the teenager before the month is out and speak to him about staying."

Shocked by this. I fully expected Bilic to arrive and refuse point blank to have anything to do with Harper.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2019, 10:18:05 AM »
Matt Wilson has given us an update on the Rakeem Harper situation:

"The Baggies have made Harper their second and final contract offer, but he is yet to sign.

However, Bilic is expected to meet the teenager before the month is out and speak to him about staying."

Shocked by this. I fully expected Bilic to arrive and refuse point blank to have anything to do with Harper.

Why on earth would he do that?

As far as Slaven is concerned he's coming in to a new club presumably with no preconceived ideas on anyone's personality / issues. He will come in assess situations, speak to people then decide where to go from there.

The idea that he'll come in and blank people is crazy, what on earth would he gain by doing that? As much as anything it'd be in no way conducive to creating a togetherness and camaraderie within the club.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »
I think it’s great he’s doing that. Harper isn’t perfect but he’s still very young and central midfield as it stands is our weakest position by far.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »

Why on earth would he do that?

As far as Slaven is concerned he's coming in to a new club presumably with no preconceived ideas on anyone's personality / issues. He will come in assess situations, speak to people then decide where to go from there.

The idea that he'll come in and blank people is crazy, what on earth would he gain by doing that? As much as anything it'd be in no way conducive to creating a togetherness and camaraderie within the club.
I think maybe Timdon was being sarcastic. If he was not then heaven help us
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
I give Harper a lot of credit for waiting to see how the manager situation develops before making a decision. In a career that only pays to your mid-thirties and can be cut short by injury, I would want my agent to look after my own interests. The fact all we know is contract negotiations are ongoing and he had not been flirting with other clubs gives him a lot of kudos.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2019, 01:30:04 PM »
Lets's see if Harper likes what be hears from Billic and stays eg the Plan Billic has and maybe his role in the squad
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2019, 01:40:38 PM »
I think maybe Timdon was being sarcastic. If he was not then heaven help us
Ah,at last, somebody who understands me - I suppose marriage is out of the question?  ;D ;D
I was indeed taking the pee. What a ridiculous thing for Matt Wilson to write in the name of news.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:12:54 PM by timdon »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »
A decent contract signed and he could work on being the player he looked like before Xmas.  If only 5% of his head was elsewhere, including thinking about injuries with no contract, it would explain his from dropping off.  I hope he signs and the fans give him another chance, Bilic could be the making of him.  I would love to see him Field and Edwards doing the business next season.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: June 16, 2019, 12:37:55 AM »
Ah,at last, somebody who understands me - I suppose marriage is out of the question?  ;D ;D
I was indeed taking the pee. What a ridiculous thing for Matt Wilson to write in the name of news.

I hope you don't mind me interrupting, but you need to work harder on your sarcasm as it clearly/apparently wasn't dripping out of every single finger typed little pore. Must do better  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:13 AM »
I think sarcasm is overrated
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:45 AM »
I give Harper a lot of credit for waiting to see how the manager situation develops before making a decision. In a career that only pays to your mid-thirties and can be cut short by injury, I would want my agent to look after my own interests. The fact all we know is contract negotiations are ongoing and he had not been flirting with other clubs gives him a lot of kudos.

would you count being a guest of Celtic as "flirting" with another club (if it did indeed happen)?
It's only a guess that the manager situation is why he hasn't signed a deal, nobody knows his reasons apart from Harper himself and anyone else he's told (his agent maybe).

Ongoing contractual negotiations are the only factual thing.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #616 on: June 24, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »
Liverpool, Spurs and Juventus all interested in Harper apparently.

From the Daily Star, so pinch of salt required  ;)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787451/Liverpool-transfer-news-Tottenham-Juventus-West-Brom-Rekeem-Harper

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2019, 12:59:30 PM »
Liverpool, Spurs and Juventus all interested in Harper apparently.

From the Daily Star, so pinch of salt required  ;)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/787451/Liverpool-transfer-news-Tottenham-Juventus-West-Brom-Rekeem-Harper

Stranger things have happened but I just cant see this being true. Definitely has potential but I don't think he is anywhere near the level required at the clubs mentioned. Still believe his best option is to stick with us and see how far he can progress over the next 2 years. Then maybe consider his options.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
Stranger things have happened but I just cant see this being true. Definitely has potential but I don't think he is anywhere near the level required at the clubs mentioned. Still believe his best option is to stick with us and see how far he can progress over the next 2 years. Then maybe consider his options.

Got to be agent talk surely

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2019, 01:04:59 PM »
Lets just hope that if he does go, he goes to an English club so we get paid.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #620 on: June 24, 2019, 01:14:10 PM »
He needs to be told to either sign now or go. He isn't bigger then the club. He's clearly hanging on for something else. If he was committed to the club he would have shined a long time ago

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
He needs to be told to either sign now or go. He isn't bigger then the club. He's clearly hanging on for something else. If he was committed to the club he would have shined a long time ago
He’s out of contract isn’t he? So he can do as he pleases really. I suppose we could withdraw the offer on the table, not sure what that achieves though.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
might be waiting to see who we appointed as head coach and Slaven's vision for club going forward.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #623 on: June 24, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
If the clubs that are linked with him, are actually interested - there is no way he will be here next season
Twitter: @floydy1983

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2019, 01:46:16 PM »
It's not been announced that he has signed for another club, and given his age and being out of contract in a week I would have thought we'd have seen something somewhere of he had signed elsewhere.

He may well have been waiting to speak to Bilic before making a decision as I dare say he does have offers from elsewhere

He/him