Author Topic: 6 Mar 2024 Queens Park Rangers 2 Albion 2  (Read 10062 times)

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2024, 10:08:18 PM »
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game like that, they just kept the pressure on us for 90 mins and we were so bad we couldn’t get out. Decent point though considering the results around us. Need a win at Huddersfield though now.

We need to improve when going ahead in games, we retreat too much and don’t offer enough threat ourselves which just encourages them onto us.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2024, 10:08:34 PM »
One thing learnt tonight ,pipa is massive upgrade on reach can’t believe he doesn’t get a run in the team

Find it bizarre

He’s a decent player
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2024, 10:08:40 PM »
Thankful for the hand of Cedric . A point was the most we deserved . Thought centre midfield was disappointing tonight.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2024, 10:09:14 PM »
A decent point in the grand scheme of things!
QPR having a good run of results, no ground lost over the chasing teams, I'm ignoring the top 4, we didn't play well, Palmer redeeming himself after a poor moment, however a keepers mistake often results in a goal!
Games coming thick and fast, and may I suggest overall we are doing better than many may have expected!
On to the next one, no easy games in the championship!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2024, 10:09:19 PM »
Corberan has once again shown a weakness in making too many changes just for the sake of it. We lose our pattern every time.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2024, 10:10:27 PM »
Be livid as a qpr fan. Countless corners, blatant handball on line, missed pen. Probably didn’t test palmer enough but dominated 95 minutes. Nobody else  has controlled 99% of the game against us this season

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2024, 10:11:05 PM »
Besides the garbage performance, just how did Wallace stay on the pitch? 2 great goals got us a underserved point but jeez that was dire.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »
QPR as good as any team we've faced based on the continuous pressure they put us under. Have to be pleased with a point. Some abysmal and superb defending. Think Pipa needs to start more often.
Peased the new owner didn't have to witness a second defeat.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2024, 10:11:12 PM »
Having no outlet upfront made it hard for us. Wallace works hard but the ball just comes straight back. Surely we have someone who could hold the ball better in that position to take some of the pressure off?

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2024, 10:11:20 PM »
Corberan has once again shown a weakness in making too many changes just for the sake of it. We lose our pattern every time.
We were poor before the changes tonight
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2024, 10:12:00 PM »
Fantastic point.

Terrible performance on the ball, bar some very brief purple patches. Bit of grit in defence and plenty of luck to boot.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2024, 10:12:14 PM »
We were poor before the changes tonight

Agreed. Tonight was arguably the time sweeping changes made sense

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2024, 10:13:29 PM »
Great result in the end. Yes we looked awful. But that was mainly down to QPR pressing high and fast. Making the pitch as small as possible and not allowing us the space to pass out and break. Normally when teams do that, they let off for 10-15mins and you are allowed to get back into the match.

Two great goals by us and a great save by kipre 😂.

Also a side note. Fellows is now our prized asset. Everytime he gets the ball and is one on one with the left back. You know he is going to beat them and most importantly put the ball in a dangerous area. I absolutely love the kid.
In my blood and forever blue and white

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2024, 10:13:40 PM »
Fantastic point.

Terrible performance on the ball, bar some very brief purple patches. Bit of grit in defence and plenty of luck to boot.
Have to agree. Few sides have put us under that much pressure but we held on. Definitely a point gained.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2024, 10:14:07 PM »
How we got anything from game is beyond me two pieces of attacking football all game got us a point. Line up was poor with Reach and Wallace particularly bad. Said since he’s been moved into number nine Jed is ineffective doesn’t hold ball up just tries to flick it to no one in particular. Thought Kipre was save of game but Furlong beat him to it. Dingle Don impartial as ever, never a penalty and justice was done.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2024, 10:14:42 PM »
Missed Townsend tonght he's the best we have got at left back Reach was poor

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2024, 10:14:45 PM »
I thought the big lad they had upfront, fray? He’d do a job for us at the moment, hold it etc, we have nothing like that

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2024, 10:17:18 PM »
I thought the big lad they had upfront, fray? He’d do a job for us at the moment, hold it etc, we have nothing like that
Absolutely we just need someone strong up front. I would have liked Moore from  Bournemouth.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2024, 10:18:08 PM »
Picked the wrong team, simple as and the performance showed it. Worst from CC for a while but he cant be great every single week. Onto the next COYB.
picked the wrong team. The wrong time as well,,the new owner wouldn't  have been too enamored  with the players, or the manager quite frankly  on that showing.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2024, 10:18:18 PM »

We had no pattern to lose  :o

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #370 on: March 06, 2024, 10:21:04 PM »
Too many poor performances tonight from players who are usually a lot better. QPR are no mugs and showed that the weekend beating Leicester so i'm going to write tonight off as a point gained and hope for a better performance Sunday.
Smethwick..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2024, 10:22:41 PM »
picked the wrong team. The wrong time as well,,the new owner wouldn't  have been too enamored  with the players, or the manager quite frankly  on that showing.

Not doing himself any favours in Patel's presence. 2/2 for shocking performances

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2024, 10:26:12 PM »
BTA is no world beater but he's better than any other player we've got playing the Centre Forward role.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2024, 10:27:55 PM »
BTA is no world beater but he's better than any other player we've got playing the Centre Forward role.

We miss his energy for sure. He's scruffy and sloppy at times but he is missed

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #374 on: March 06, 2024, 10:31:03 PM »
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game like that, they just kept the pressure on us for 90 mins and we were so bad we couldn’t get out. Decent point though considering the results around us. Need a win at Huddersfield though now.

We need to improve when going ahead in games, we retreat too much and don’t offer enough threat ourselves which just encourages them onto us.

I have, Chelsea v Barca about 10 years ago! It was defence v attack and I think Chelsea won. Possibly a Champs League final. So what I’m saying is QPR we’re prime Barca tonight and we almost emulated prime boring Chelsea!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill