Author Topic: Tosin Adarabioyo (on loan from Manchester City)  (Read 38453 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Tosin Adarabioyo (on loan from Manchester City)
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2018, 04:16:46 AM »
I do get the impression Dawson is very reluctant to pass to him whenever we do start to advance down the right side of the pitch. as unlike when Dawson played there he seems reluctant to attempt a bit of a rampage down that wing and tends to quickly ping the ball back or sideways. Despite that his defensive work at right back is better than some we have seen there over recent seasons
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
I do get the impression Dawson is very reluctant to pass to him whenever we do start to advance down the right side of the pitch. as unlike when Dawson played there he seems reluctant to attempt a bit of a rampage down that wing and tends to quickly ping the ball back or sideways. Despite that his defensive work at right back is better than some we have seen there over recent seasons

A well observed point, at times we looked very unbalanced against Brentford second half and against the Villa, with all our threat coming down the left until we pushed on with Phillips towards the end.  Once the CB's are in a position to make the forward pass and move up the field they do not want it back, which is what Tosin was generally looking to do.   

However, lets not forget that Tosin is a centre back playing at RB.  So was Dawson admittedly, but he also struggled at first and looked uncomfortable up the field (not as much as Jolean Lescott - now that was cringeworthy) so he had to learn to play the RB role over time.  Like Tosin, he doesn't have the raw pace or skill to beat a man, but learnt to time his runs forward to receive the ball and get a cross in.  He must have practised crossing on a regular basis as it def improved, although he would still put the odd one in the crowd.

To play in the style Darren Moore wants we need a RB with the athleticism to get up and down the pitch.....after some doubts about his commitment early in the season I have been really impressed with Gibbs.  Will be difficult to find another player of that quality for the right hand side, but that is the aim.  If we can make the purchase though, it will really add another dimension to our attacking ability and help us spread play down both sides of the pitch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:18:32 PM by Oldbury24 »

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2018, 01:06:48 PM »
The system is set up to deliberately be assymetrical. Rosin stays back which gives Gibbs licence to get forward on the other side, while also freeing Phillips and the rest of the midfield.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2019, 01:42:19 PM »
Tosin may be recalled back to Man City.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-club-set-recall-15707636

Not a surprise, no good sending him out just to sit on a bench, he's better than that. They will want him to play.

He's a centre half, not a right back and will have a decent career in a central role.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2019, 11:40:08 PM »
Interesting to see how the window affects Tosin given we can only include 5 loan signings in a matchday squad. Be pointless keeping him here as it would be likely I would guess he will be the one left out. He can play in the cup but given we could realistically have only one more game is it worth keeping him and will City be happy with us not using him ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
Interesting to see how the window affects Tosin given we can only include 5 loan signings in a matchday squad. Be pointless keeping him here as it would be likely I would guess he will be the one left out. He can play in the cup but given we could realistically have only one more game is it worth keeping him and will City be happy with us not using him ?

Would imagine he or one of the wingers will miss out depending on the opposition,  state of suspensions/injuries.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2019, 08:58:17 PM »
He was one of our liveliest players tonight and he was only on a few minutes.  I do think he has some good attributes, pace, aerial ability, calmness on the ball.  I think he will make a good player within a year or 2.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2019, 11:11:25 PM »
He was very decent today. One of the few positive things out there

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »
Like him, but he's not as good as the 2 incumbents. That said he'd be the key ball player in a 3.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2019, 09:32:07 PM »
I'll say it again could do worse than play him in midfield.  We are bring completely overrun in this area and the common denominator is a woeful lack of pace.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2019, 09:34:23 PM »
 Constantly played out of position. Feel for the lad. There's a decent player in there but the one bloke you don't want to direct him is Darren Moore.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »
He's been hung out to dry at RB and LB. Some CB's look like they can play at FB (see Holgate) but he doesn't even look remotely like anything other than a CB for me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2019, 03:49:26 PM »
Been a mixed loan spell from Tosin, some good, some bad, will go on to have a decent career, lower Prem, top Championship, did well last night when he came on just to sit in front of the back four, maybe that could be his position in future up to City to find that out.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »
Yes he did welll there i thought. Got the odd quality ball in him, fit as a fiddle, can tackle, can head. YOu might be onto somehting there. He was no good at rightback but tbf that wasnt down to him.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2019, 06:43:41 PM »
Thought that was an excellent call by Shan.

Also showed what we lack in centre midfield - pace to close people down.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
There's a good player in there - just needs time to progress. I don't think he has been at all helped that we have flung him into right back, centre half, to the right of a defensive three and now midfield over the course of the season. He needs some stability.

I would be happy to see him stay another year.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2019, 07:33:31 PM »
Had a decent game last night, but in general I think he's been bang average. Worth £52k a week? Not a chance. Can't even pass properly.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »
Had a decent game last night, but in general I think he's been bang average. Worth £52k a week? Not a chance. Can't even pass properly.

Totally agree with this for the most part he looks like Bambi on ice

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
Totally agree with this for the most part he looks like Bambi on ice
He reminds me a bit of Leon Barnett; for large parts of the game he looks quite decent but seems to have the odd clanger in him with poor control/passing etc.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2019, 10:05:36 PM »
He reminds me a bit of Leon Barnett; for large parts of the game he looks quite decent but seems to have the odd clanger in him with poor control/passing etc.

He's a far more cultured player than Barnett who was more like Bartley but I don't think he's a centre back. Holding midfield might be his future.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2019, 04:08:42 PM »
Been a bit hit and miss but with the right coach there is a good player if played in right position. A poster said he is on £52k a week. a lot of money but that's City for you.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »

He's a far more cultured player than Barnett who was more like Bartley but I don't think he's a centre back. Holding midfield might be his future.

I don't think he is. He's not a bad player but isn't a great footballer, instead I think he relies massively on his athleticism rather than technical ability. I.e. he often got saved from being out of position by having very long legs which would just about catch the ball. But in terms of his control and passing, he wasn't great.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2019, 08:20:50 AM »
He's on £52k per week?

Tosin is?

Please tell me I have misunderstood...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.