Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 678498 times)

Webby

• Senior Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #525 on: November 22, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #526 on: November 23, 2019, 05:46:19 PM »
Full page in the Times today, mostly about him to be honest, but obviously quite a few references to us in there.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #527 on: November 26, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »
I do worry a premier league job could tempt him such as Everton soon as it looks like Silva's days could be numbered........?

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #528 on: November 26, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »
I do worry a premier league job could tempt him such as Everton soon as it looks like Silva's days could be numbered........?

I would’t Worry too much - Everton fans are renowned for being delusional, they believe there are far bigger fish in the sea!?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »
I would’t Worry too much - Everton fans are renowned for being delusional, they believe there are far bigger fish in the sea!?

Nice Viler link  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
This has been so much better than I hoped, because he's been able to transform this old rigged side to something that is fun to watch while also getting results.

The summer signings have been great, yes Austin and Zohore haven't clicked yet but instead HRK has stepped up recently and is not that for from 0,5 goal per 90 minutes (1 goal per 104min) so if he will be able to keep this up until January where we can strengthen this position it will take some doing for other teams to stop us from getting promoted.

But his best summer signings IMO is the new Bartley & Livermore they've been immense.

Everything is just so exciting now....... again  :D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »
Thank Pulis, for making the light burn so beautifully, we have been to the darkest of places and now we are emerging into paradise, praise the lord, my shepherd, Slaven Bilic  :D ;D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #532 on: November 27, 2019, 09:07:03 PM »
How many of us would have moved Ajayi over to neutralise Weizmann? The man is a genius
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »
Tactics and team selection spot on. Great decision with the full backs, correct to leave Hegazi and Brunt our of the 16. Subs at correct time and right ones. Got the players at their max as well. Remarkable how well HRK and Bartley are doing. Still early days but spot on so far. Some nice one touch football tonight as well.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #534 on: November 27, 2019, 10:33:25 PM »
Tactics and team selection spot on. Great decision with the full backs, correct to leave Hegazi and Brunt our of the 16. Subs at correct time and right ones. Got the players at their max as well. Remarkable how well HRK and Bartley are doing. Still early days but spot on so far. Some nice one touch football tonight as well.

Hegazi was on bench mate.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #535 on: December 05, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »
Anyone worried Everton could come knocking now Silva's gone already seen him at 33/1 for the job FFS.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:01 PM »
Anyone worried Everton could come knocking now Silva's gone already seen him at 33/1 for the job FFS.

Not remotely, won't appeal to Moshiri or their fans.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #537 on: December 06, 2019, 09:38:26 AM »
Ian Holloway interviews Slaven (amusing how smitten he is with Slav, can't blame him haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRWDCkdFbZk

"Slaven Bilic opens up on his incredible journey, from the war in Croatia, his playing days, and managing some of the best players in the world."
Astle is the King

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #538 on: December 06, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
Great interview, still cannot believe we have him as our manager at times...….
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »
Slaven Bilic's brilliant five word response to West Brom's mounting promotion pressure

"At least we are safe!"

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slaven-bilics-brilliant-five-word-17383283
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2019, 06:27:23 PM »
Hopefully Slaven will go on Facebook and take note of the ' Expert' Coaches who know it all and turn things around 8)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #541 on: January 01, 2020, 07:44:56 PM »
He's done a lot of good stuff but I was never sold on this 2nd wave stuff with the lone forward being more for the style of play rather than scoring goals .
For all the style Pereira , Phillips and Diangana are not going to be netting loads over 46 games . Phillips as usual looks blown by Xmas . HRK had his patch but is another not known for his goals record , Austin can score but looks slow and we haven't seen much of Zohore.
This time around there isn't a Brunt / Gera / Mozza chipping in with SKP be the main scoring forward of Bednar under RDM
Everything hangs on this window and who Bilic wants and who Dowling can get in.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:01:03 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »
Hopefully Slaven will go on Facebook and take note of the ' Expert' Coaches who know it all and turn things around 8)
To be fair some on there and here speak sense , nowt wrong with opinions and all coaches should have a pretty open mind if things are not working

Do we think that continually rushing Gibbs back is good?
Do we think that not leaving anybody upfield when defending a corner is a good idea?
Zonal marking, is that working?
The keeper doesn’t feel that their is competition, and he really isn’t good enough

First third of the season we were all quite impressed with how Slav was changing things up and effecting positive results ...now we feel a bit flat...yes they may get tired , but no more than others in fact e don’t play a high press so should be relatively bouncy.
I also understand that we have lost Diangana and he’d be a loss for anyone in this league, but we should have another option/formation ..

Today taking hegazi out (I wouldn’t have had him back in anyway after O’Shea’s performance) looks like realisation that we made an error....I’m fine with that
Just think we need to be a bit more....cohesive
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2020, 08:43:45 PM »
To be fair some on there and here speak sense , nowt wrong with opinions and all coaches should have a pretty open mind if things are not working

Do we think that continually rushing Gibbs back is good?
Do we think that not leaving anybody upfield when defending a corner is a good idea?
Zonal marking, is that working?
The keeper doesn’t feel that their is competition, and he really isn’t good enough

First third of the season we were all quite impressed with how Slav was changing things up and effecting positive results ...now we feel a bit flat...yes they may get tired , but no more than others in fact e don’t play a high press so should be relatively bouncy.
I also understand that we have lost Diangana and he’d be a loss for anyone in this league, but we should have another option/formation ..

Today taking hegazi out (I wouldn’t have had him back in anyway after O’Shea’s performance) looks like realisation that we made an error....I’m fine with that
Just think we need to be a bit more....cohesive

Two of our most dangerous players waster on set pieces annoys me. One should take and the other at the edge of box to slot home any chance that comes his way.

No clean sheet at home is a concern, but other than that I think GD is being out is the problem as I think MP plays better to when he has that out ball to him and then their movement is great.

Tiredness is also an issue I think and hopefully we can recharge our batteries before the next league game.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #544 on: January 01, 2020, 10:47:35 PM »
We have been sussed out.  We need reinforcements in January.  Sawyers performances have dropped off a cliff. 

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »
We have been sussed out.  We need reinforcements in January.  Sawyers performances have dropped off a cliff.

You'd have to ask questions of other teams management if we hadn't been sussed out by now and yes we do need new faces but only if they improve the first 15, squad fillers need not apply so that won't be easy.  However, we've still only lost two games this season; one to the leaders and one to the form team in the division over the last 10 games.   We need to know if Grady is staying or going as his replacement will be key to the way Slav wants to play.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #546 on: January 02, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
It's starting to look like a repeat of last season. We have been found out big time, keep Pereira quite and we offer no real service to the the final third. We desperately need a target man in the Rondon/Rodriguez form who can bully the big centre backs when teams drop deep.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #547 on: January 02, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »

Form isn’t great but being “sussed out” is a classic Modern generic football term people throw around like “lost the dressing room” or “footballing dinasour”.
In theory Leeds and Brentford have been “sussed out” more than us as Leeds have lost 4 games and Brentford 9 (managers sussed out a way to beat them). Football is always  about fine margins we hold out for 3 more minutes at Barnsley and Phillips scores just before half-time and that’s 2 more wins.
Personally I think our squads weak and our first 11 when fit is able to compete. Diangana and Gibbs being out is a huge blow as that’s our whole left side out and we don’t have balance. Ferguson is right footed and Townsend isn’t good enough.
Need some freshening up rather than complete panic stations...

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #548 on: January 02, 2020, 01:21:53 PM »
Not to reinforce the squad now would be an absolute crime, we are close to promotion, failure to invest now would be investing in failure.
Baggie in Southampton

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #549 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:18 AM »
Not going to knock the man because he has done wonders for us since he's been here but in there is the problem. Seeing us dominant the ball and opposition for majority of games so far this season, with his never say die attitude culminating in our best performance disposing of Swansea. Any fall in standards and we are on teams back me included, listening to his post match comments he was not happy with what he saw and that is refreshing as he could of praised the opposition to protect his players, he knows he's got a problem and I believe he's good enough coach to get us through this sticky patch.