Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 150546 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:00 AM »
#avfc consider loan move for Chelsea's Ross Barkley as Dean Smith targets a “No 8”. Ruben Loftus-Cheek a possible alternative option #cfc

J Percy

Either would be very good signings. ********.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:31 AM »
Alexander Sörloth has completed his move from Crystal Palace to RB Leipzig for a reported £18m. This is the latest step in the 24 year old Norwegian's career which has already included 8 different clubs in 7 different countries. This has to be one of the strangest career paths which has had a number of purple patches which have lead to transfers that have gone rather badly only to be rescued by another purple patch.

Starting with his home town club of Rosenberg, he was loaned out to naughty word Bodo and scored a hatful of goals in the Norwegian league returning to Rosenberg where his goal scoring slowed down as did his appearances but never the less at the age of 21 he moves to Groningen in the Netherlands for £400k. While getting a decent amount of game time his goal scoring record isn't great and 12 months on Groningen recoup their investment by selling him to FC Midtjylland.

He spends the next 6months tearing up the Danish League and enter the mugs in the game Crystal Palace who spend £8m on him. He flops, well sort of in truth he hardly plays. Then is shipped out to Gent does okay but nothing special only to return to Palace. 

Frantically trying to unload him Palace agree a two year loan with a £6m option to buy with Turkish Club Tranbzonspor pat themselves on the back for having extracted themselves from the situation. However during his first season with Trabzonspor Sorloth scores 33 goals which is two more than Palace manage in their Premier League campaign.

Enter RB Leipzig who pay Palace £18m for him as a replacement for Timo Werner. Not entirely sure what deal has been struck with Trabzonspor but I am sure a good chunk of the fee is heading to Turkey.

Will Sorloth succeed in the Bundesliga? I can't say for certain but Leipzig are pretty canny operators and they don't make many mistakes but I will certainly be watching his progress. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:42 AM »
Also worth saying FC Midtjylland are big into analytics, so it could be he is a very specific kind of striker who needs a system to suit.

I can't say I know anything about him

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Also worth saying FC Midtjylland are big into analytics, so it could be he is a very specific kind of striker who needs a system to suit.

I'm no analyst but its pretty apparent scoring hatfuls at Palace is a remote possibility for anyone
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2020, 01:28:19 PM »

Think Chris Wood and that's about right. Whether he is better technically difficult to say although I am fairly certain Chris would also have a field day in Turkey.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »
DEAL DONE: Real Sociedad have announced the sale of Diego Llorente to Leeds United. Fee around €25m. (Source: @RealSociedadEN)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2020, 09:22:49 PM »
Prepare for Standaman's tearful breakdown.....Southampton have identified Ibrahim Sangare from Toulouse as the replacement for Hojberg.
Boing Boing

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2020, 10:11:14 PM »
Prepare for Standaman's tearful breakdown.....Southampton have identified Ibrahim Sangare from Toulouse as the replacement for Hojberg.

Yes would have been perfect for us had we prioritised that type of central midfielder and were willing to look outside of England for players.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2020, 10:45:26 PM »

I need support right now this is difficult to bare. The view from Southampton was they didn't need to replace Hojberg but two very modest performances in and they have figured out they do but why does it have to be him!! And for around £7m *dissolves into floods of tears.

Deep breath that's it I'm over it. Now Uros Racic there's a player.... 

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »
Two names, defensive midfielders. Not linked, but I'd hope we look at them:

Ibrahim Sangaré - 22 years old - at Toulouse. Going into his final year of contract so should be cheap-ish. Toulouse also went down to Ligue 2 so again should be cheap. Seems he's a strong tackler which is what we need alongside Sawyers.

I do wish Ralph would find his own transfer targets  :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:03:11 AM by MarkW »

He/him

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2020, 08:27:49 AM »
I do wish Ralph would find his on transfer targets  :P

Sorry Mark, I knew somebody else had mentioned him as well 😁
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
I need support right now this is difficult to bare. The view from Southampton was they didn't need to replace Hojberg but two very modest performances in and they have figured out they do but why does it have to be him!! And for around £7m *dissolves into floods of tears.

Deep breath that's it I'm over it. Now Uros Racic there's a player....
Another -ic to scratch (thanks Dan), sounds ideal !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
Leeds are signing Gyrano Kerk from Utrecht for around £9m. Starting to feel like they are signing players for the sake of it now.

God knows what their outlay is for this summer.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »
But I thought they had a coherent plan and recruitment strategy? At least I read they did on a football forum somewhere.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2020, 08:06:23 AM »
They have smeth, up to this point. They have signed a number of "ones for the future" for very low fees and for their first team they have signed high pedigree internationals.

With the likely Augustin outlay in the next 12 months though, surely they have to be careful not to overstretch themselves. They must be very confident of survival.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »
They have smeth, up to this point. They have signed a number of "ones for the future" for very low fees and for their first team they have signed high pedigree internationals.

With the likely Augustin outlay in the next 12 months though, surely they have to be careful not to overstretch themselves. They must be very confident of survival.

They have spent money. Have they spent it wisely? Time will tell. However the Augustin deal does speak to a problem they have and one which I think might haunt them. Bielsa burns players they either fit his system or they are discarded very quickly.

Augustin lasted about a month before being pretty much abandoned. Obviously the Leeds ownership is prepared to bankroll losses but it is not a bottomless pit of money and there comes a point where burning £20m can't be sustained.

It will be interesting to see how many of their signings are still in the team at Christmas.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2020, 08:51:24 PM »
Leeds United are in advanced talks with Bayern Munich to sign Michaël Cuisance for around €20m. (Source: L'Equipe)

When will this obscenity end?  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2020, 08:56:22 PM »
Jesus wept how much are Leeds spending, as a fan they must be concerned a lot of years in the wilderness last time they went belly up financially.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #318 on: September 28, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »

Sorry Mark, I knew somebody else had mentioned him as well 😁

He's only gone and moved to PSV!  :'(

He/him

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2020, 07:44:07 PM »
Dortmund have rejected a bid worth €100m from Manchester United for Jadon Sancho. Offer was €80m + €20m bonuses. (Source: Sky Germany)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2020, 08:12:42 PM »
BREAKING: Leeds United have reached an agreement with Bayern Munich for Mickaël Cuisance in a deal worth £20m.

The fee represents a profit of £10m for Bayern after his move from last year.

(Source: @David_Ornstein)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2020, 08:25:19 PM »
Leeds want to sign a winger before the transfer window shuts and Daniel James is their number one target. (Source: The Athletic)

They failed to sign him before
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »
DEAL DONE: Manchester City have announced the £64m signing of Rúben Dias from Benfica. He has penned a 6-year contract. (Source: @ManCity)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2020, 09:21:19 PM »
Leeds want to sign a winger before the transfer window shuts and Daniel James is their number one target. (Source: The Athletic)

They failed to sign him before

YEah it's on the Leeds FC documentary on Amazon. Have you seen that bit? Deal was done and player was sat there, passed his medical, terms agreed, had his pohtos taken and then Swansea board had an interna fallout with them and owners and just refused to answer phone to Leeds board.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »
Bayern Munich being linked with Mario Mandzukic as back up for Lewandowsky. (German RTL). If there was any serious interest from us, this would seem to underline how unrealistic that was.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:39:49 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure