Author Topic: Kits 2014/15  (Read 267699 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Kits 2014/15
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2014, 12:22:02 PM »
Away is yellow and purple

For Christ sake no it isn't! It's the goalkeeping kit.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »
why o why when yellow & green wins every poll
Because nobody buys it?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
Because nobody buys it?

and like i say it always wins a poll on any site.Its time to bring it back
I always see plenty in the stands when its out anyway
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2014, 12:44:59 PM »
I thought the Red away kit from a few years ago was the best away kit we've had, the Bodog one I think it was.
the regime don't like it man

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2014, 12:59:02 PM »
so a poll of a couple thousand (if that)  is representative of tens of thousands of people?

But as has been stated before, the last couple of times it's been on sale it's not sold particularly well, the players didn't like it that much and as we all know clubs and players are superstitious people, and we didn't exactly excel the last time we wore it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
I seem to remember Laurie and cyrille excel in it, never mind eh

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »
I dis- agree with no stripes, last time we didn't have stripes was just after WW2 and I think that had something to do with material prices. (Had Stripes since the mid 1880's)

Out of the originals bar Accrington, Wolves incorporated there 'Old Gold and Black' the latest in 1925 and haven't changed drastically since; the earliest is Blackburn that have there shirts now as they have been since 1882.

Albions identity is Navy Blue and White stripes! tinker with the away strip, fine.

PS. why not have the keepers shirt Green and Yellow? bet you sell more keepers shirts Mr Peace if it was any other colour.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:27:30 PM by WestBromJim »
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »
I seem to remember Laurie and cyrille excel in it, never mind eh
We've had it a few times since then (I believe 3 times in the 90's & early 2000's) , and overall.... the performances weren't great.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2014, 01:19:30 PM »
I dis- agree with no stripes, last time we didn't have stripes was just after WW2 and I think that had something to do with material prices. (Had Stripes since the mid 1880's)

Out of the originals bar Accrington, Wolves incorporated there 'Old Gold and Black' the latest in 1925 and haven't changed drastically since; the earliest is Blackburn that have there shirts now as they have been since 1882.

Albions identity is Navy Blue and White stripes! tinker with the away strip, fine.

PS. why not have the keepers shirt Green and Yellow?

Last I checked a pinstripe is still a stripe, unless you would like to rubbish the "classic" broad stripe as the stripes are to thick compared to tradition ( I also believe that the colours are submitted as white and blue, not the other way round). Plus Blackburn I believe tended to swap the halves around every few years and then stopped, until last season.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »
We've had it a few times since then (I believe 3 times in the 90's & early 2000's) , and overall.... the performances weren't great.

Didn't stop the blue shorts last season though! Maybe the green and yellow isn't a big seller but neither will red be if we continue to bring one out every season. I see no reason why our 3rd kit shouldn't be green and yellow at the very least.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
Last I checked a pinstripe is still a stripe, unless you would like to rubbish the "classic" broad stripe as the stripes are to thick compared to tradition ( I also believe that the colours are submitted as white and blue, not the other way round). Plus Blackburn I believe tended to swap the halves around every few years and then stopped, until last season.

I stand corrected, So Albion are white with blue stripes, white shorts and white socks?

As opposed to White shirts with Blue pinstripes (Still a stripe), Blue shorts and ? socks? thanks for putting me right bud.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:29:04 PM by WestBromJim »
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

Moleskine

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

Figures over the last few years have proven that the Yellow & Green doesn't sell so they won't have it. Simple. Move on!

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »
Figures over the last few years have proven that the Yellow & Green doesn't sell so they won't have it. Simple. Move on!

Moleskine, do you know how many Goalies shirts we currently sell? and do you think the club could gauge the sales of yellow and green striped shirts if we incorporated it into the keepers shirt as opposed to say a red keepers top??

And out of interest, do you think it would sell better than a White with Blue pinstripe (Still a stripe) home shirt?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:04:02 PM by WestBromJim »

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

Didn@t notice Blackburn swapped sides, but if you saw a halved blue and white shirt regardless, you would know who that team was.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
Well i am telling you all now if they bring it back the yellow & green every now and then it will sell.Its only you young uns that like black or red which is not traditionally Albion that dont like it.Oh and the sky blue shorts as well please thank you very muchias

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »
Well i am telling you all now if they bring it back the yellow & green every now and then it will sell.Its only you young uns that like black or red which is not traditionally Albion that dont like it.Oh and the sky blue shorts as well please thank you very muchias

Back in the sixties the away kit was all red. So you could argue it is as much a tradition as any other second strip.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
Back in the sixties the away kit was all red. So you could argue it is as much a tradition as any other second strip.

I corr remeber that far back :)

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

But the home strip was Stripes? bugger about with the Away top every year, but surely, Albion are Blue and white? white and blue, whatever

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #493 on: June 23, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »
But the home strip was Stripes? bugger about with the Away top every year, but surely, Albion are Blue and white? white and blue, whatever

Yes it was stripes. Thin blue stripes on the chest and back of a mostly white shirt with white sleeves (blue cuffs), white shorts and white socks.

I've said elsewhere in this thread, as a child I saw our kit as being mostly white with some blue and there was some grumbling from the fans when we went with the broad blue striped shirt that is now regarded as classically Albion.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:36:53 PM by Chipperfan »

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #494 on: June 23, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
Yes it was stripes. Thin blue stripes on the chest and back of a mostly white shirt with white sleeves (blue cuffs), white shorts and white socks.

I've said elsewhere in this thread, as a child I saw our kit as being mostly white with some blue and there was some grumbling from the fans when we went with the broad blue striped shirt that is now regarded as classically Albion.

I have a pic of the King, ball squashed on his noodle in that kit :(

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
I have a pic of the King, ball squashed on his noodle in that kit :(

Doesn't that picture have stripes on the sleeves? The one I was thinking of is the slightly later one, like the shirt he's wearing on the Astle Gates.

Like I said, as a kid that kit looked mostly white to me with a blue stripes on an essentially white shirt.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »
Doesn't that picture have stripes on the sleeves? The one I was thinking of is the slightly later one, like the shirt he's wearing on the Astle Gates.

Like I said, as a kid that kit looked mostly white to me with a blue stripes on an essentially white shirt.

Yes mate, on the one in the photo, they appear to be very narrow stripes, but yes, When I think of West Brom, I think of the stripes with white sleeves.

Moleskine

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »

It WON'T sell, hence why it hasn't been bought back. The yellow/purple GK shirt is a smart shirt, but I'm too rotund to pull off that look!

As I've previously stated, away is red and black, possibility of a third kit.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
The kit has sold poorly the last 2 or 3 times it was in use , yellow and green just doesn't fit the every day use idea like red or black. The club have it covered with the retro Yellow and Green top that's been for sale the last few seasons , while that still sells I'd say it's unlikely it will return to match day use.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
Yellow and Green is absolutely hideous.

Lets stay away from it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA