Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 262987 times)

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
Looks like Donervon Daniels and Cameron Gayle are off on loan whilst Leeds are interested in Jerome Thomas.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
Thomas has gone to Leeds until Jan

Gayle to Shrewsbury and Daniels to Tranmere on youth loans
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »

Gayle to Shrewsbury and Daniels to Tranmere on youth loans

Hopefully JT can get match practice and fitness and come back fully fit.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

This has to be one of the biggest examples of how far we've come.

Leeds, the big money fat cats of massive transfer and Champions' league fame, now fallen on hard time, have had to borrow our crocked winger, who will no doubt walk into their first team.

Compare this to the late 90s and it's like we're all in one massive shared tripp! Loving it!!!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

reiss

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »

Hope JT does well at Leeds, ive never been his biggest fan, but would be decent back up for our wingers.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
Big move for JT, i am a fan of his and think he adds something to the squad but i feel its 50/50 now for his Albion future. Its good he is going to get hopefully regular football with Leeds but i would of thought with a lot of games coming up between now and new year if he was a big part of Clarkes plans he would of stayed around, do think its a good move for him to get football but possible the signs are there this is the end of his Albion career.

I think he is out of contract end of the season too and i cant help but feel with El Ghanassy still not really figuring, we have him on a years loan with a view to a permanent move and that he may get more of a chance that Thomas, also i think Thomas has been fit around 6 weeks now and not even got on the bench when may be would think a winger who can beat somebody, who is fresh, etc would be there as an option. On the flipside, with Odemwingie possibly away for African Nations maybe its viewed Thomas will come back ready to go, or we may have a major turnaround in fortunes and a dip in form between now and the end of his loan spell but just have a feeling that JT's Albion future may be over.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »
Hope JT does well at Leeds, ive never been his biggest fan, but would be decent back up for our wingers.
The first season he had here, he was really impressive, since then he has done well at times.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reiss

« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
The first season he had here, he was really impressive, since then he has done well at times.

thought 09/10 he was brilliant, but since we've been back in the prem i think hes been really average

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
thought 09/10 he was brilliant, but since we've been back in the prem i think hes been really average

His defensive work hasn't been the best either, I still think he has a chance of playing for us in the future, would always be a good option to have on the bench.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/thomas-makes-leeds-move-503153.aspx

JEROME Thomas has joined Leeds United on loan until January 3.

The Baggies have the right to recall the 29-year-old winger after 28 days.

A series of injury niggles since pre-season have prevented Thomas from playing a part in Albion’s first team so far this season.

But he has played two Barclays Under-21 Premier League games in the last four weeks after returning from a minor knee operation.

He joins Neil Warnock's United in 18th place in the Championship after 17 games.

Cameron Gayle and Donervorn Daniels have joined Shrewsbury Town and Tranmere Rovers respectively on youth loans until January 5.

The Baggies have the right to recall either of the young defenders after 28 days.

The Barclays Under-21 Premier League regulars will each experience their first taste of loan football.

Gayle moves to New Meadow with Graham Turner’s men in 20th place in League One, while Daniels heads to Prenton Park with Rovers top of the same division.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
Big, big fan of JT so hopefully he does well at Leeds and can come back and force his way into the first team picture.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
Leeds fans will be happy with that. Will allow him to get right up to match fitness.

MattSTFC

« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
Any views on Cameron Gayle?

I have to say, if he's anything close to the last right back we took on loan from yourselves (James Hurst) then he'll be fine.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »
What makes you say that Koren? They both play for Top 3 sides. Would they if they hadnt gone out and learnt their craft?

Both overrated, average players. Haven't a clue if their loans improved them, but they're not the best.

Good to hear that some more of our younger players are going to get an opportunity to play at a decent level as well. Think the loan for JT could be very good for him; hopefully he comes back with fitness and form.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »
Any views on Cameron Gayle?

I have to say, if he's anything close to the last right back we took on loan from yourselves (James Hurst) then he'll be fine.

Saw him play for our reserves at Worcester City in pre-season, played centre half that game but looks tidy on the ball. Bit small for Centre Back I think, looked perfect size to be a right back. Had a bit of pace as well.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »
Saw him play for our reserves at Worcester City in pre-season, played centre half that game but looks tidy on the ball. Bit small for Centre Back I think, looked perfect size to be a right back. Had a bit of pace as well.

Pretty sure he is a right back.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Pretty sure he is a right back.

Yeah I think he's been playing there for U21's, guess they were short at Centre Back for the Worcester City game.

MattSTFC

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »
Thanks folks

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Both overrated, average players. Haven't a clue if their loans improved them, but they're not the best.

Good to hear that some more of our younger players are going to get an opportunity to play at a decent level as well. Think the loan for JT could be very good for him; hopefully he comes back with fitness and form.

Cant agree there Koren. Cleverley went out to Watford and Wigan before coming back and cracking the Man Utd line up. Fergie woudnt put him in if he was average. Man Utd dont do average, most successful side in PL history. Also made the England squad so Roy must see it as well. Sturridge still not fully cracked the Chelsea first 11 but thats probably the hardest job in the league simply because they dont use youngsters. I expect a lot of top level interest in him when he leaves Chelsea. For me they are both talented young players.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2012, 05:38:50 AM »
Good move for Thomas, he needs games to get fit.

Glad that Cameron Gayle and Donervon Daniels get the chance to get some first team experience.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2012, 07:09:08 AM »
Good move for Thomas, he needs games to get fit.

Glad that Cameron Gayle and Donervon Daniels get the chance to get some first team experience.

I just don't think we will see Thomas feature for us much anymore.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »
Its a clever move by us, he can get up to 100% match fit for 6 weeks before we lose Mulumbu and possibly Odemwingie for up to a month in January, just gives us another fully fit attacking option to soften the blow if required.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
Agreed.Seems that we have enough players to play on wings already,I think he will leave on free transfer in summer...
The PRIDE of midlands

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
I suppose a lot of it will be down to injuries of other players. As it currently stands he will do well to make our 18. 
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »
Tweet from opta:

Chris Wood has scored six goals in his last six appearances for Millwall. Roaring.
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!