Author Topic: News/ Current Affairs Forum  (Read 10017 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

News/ Current Affairs Forum
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
This forum is no more, warnings started to be given last June and we allowed it to continue for a spell, again before Christmas it was looked at again but seems some only want to discuss politics on this football forum so say goodbye to politics talk on WestBrom.com, a comment yesterday was the final straw.

A new board will be put in place but any mention of politics will be removed without question so no moaning if you post something politcs related as it will be gone and the same if other topics turn in any way, shape or form in the slightest political whether intended or no.

The only exception to this will be in the event of general elections for example then we will create a child board of the new section from the date an election is announced until 1 week after the actual election and then it will be gone. Posts will not count in the new section at all and people will notice a reduction on their post counts when threads are deleted.

Feel free to discuss this but nothing will change as we have given many indications that this would be happening if things didn't change.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: News/ Current Affairs Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
All for the removal, have read and posted on political themes and found it interesting but it's been done to death and gone round in circles. It is a football forum and enjoy reading it and posting on here but there has been days particularly about brexit where it's the only topic being debated.
With no animosity to posters who are more political than myself let's hope it creates more football related chat.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
Shame, but if they are the new rules so be it.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
Relieved to be honest, some of the stuff yesterday was outrageous and as I understand it the tip of the iceberg for you guys. Keep up the good work.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »
A pity, i appreciate its a football forum and you have your rules but i found it a vibrant addition to the football chat as proven by its popularity , thankyou for sticking with it as long as you did.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:22:37 PM by KYA »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »
That’s ashame. Some really good topics and posts are gone.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »
Good decision.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
Let's be honest, this is a football forum, so if people don't want to talk about football they shouldn't really be coming on here. I too have seen (and contributed) to discussions in that area of the forum in the past and it gets ugly pretty quickly.

It's like they say about pub topics, no politics and no religion keeps everyone happy. There will always be an opposition that doesn't share the same views and you just end up going round in circles.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 10:27:13 PM »
That’s ashame. Some really good topics and posts are gone.

Agreed - but unfortunately some cannot behave like adults and debate things properly.

You are quite lucky because most of you see will see the forum in its glory - most will not see the posts we delete which are either offensive, childish or just damn right rude & insulting.

I was a lone voice in keeping the forum going just before Christmas. But I've had enough of that side now.

Lets get back to hopefully enjoying our football and debating as adults because I know, most of us deep down, are much better than some of the standards set in the politicis threads.

Peace to all.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:13:39 AM »
I'm a moderator on a completely unrelated forum and I know exactly the kind of rubbish you have to deal with. Circular arguments and sometimes extremist views. I'm trying to persuade the admins there to take the same action as it's just dominating the main subject of the forum!

If people want to debate politics then there are other places on the internet to do so.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »
Ah-ha all is explained!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
Don't know about the deleted stuff, but a lot of the stuff that stayed "published" was pretty banal, so I for one won't miss it.

Oh and Well done taking a stand chaps!  Nice to see folks who will front up and say enough is enough !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
Don't really know what the straw that broke the camels back was as I had stopped posting so regularly recently.

Could we possibly have some clarification on what is allowed to be posted (that might differentiate it from the woodman) ? Are we still allowed to talk about the news?

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 04:15:48 PM »
Not sad to see it gone it was a thread of heated contention if ever there was one

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »
Don't really know what the straw that broke the camels back was as I had stopped posting so regularly recently.

Could we possibly have some clarification on what is allowed to be posted (that might differentiate it from the woodman) ? Are we still allowed to talk about the news?

Any sensible topic that does not include politics is fine as long as it does not turn political. It was easier to remove the entire contents of that forum that spend hours weeding out political topics.

Anything non sensible goes into The Woodman section for those who have over 250 posts, if people do not have 250 posts then unfortunately that section is out of bounds for them.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:07 PM »
I for one am pleased you have done something about it. I was getting sick and tired of the 'holier than thou' attitudes and the constant swiping and bickering......

Its one thing to talk/debate about none football matters, but at times it was just unpleasant. Some days you could open up the site and there was not a single football related issue on the recent posts, , so I wont miss it at all.
MAGA!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:11 AM »
My dad used to say never argue about politics or religion, how right he was. Two of the most divisive subjects going.
I have seen it ruin a few Albion boards, and as a moderator on one i had to ban a couple of people, even though they shared the same views as myself.
I think this board will be better without it, even though we still discuss it on our board.
As i have said many times, if people want o talk about politics or religion there are boards online that cater for that.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 06:26:47 AM »
Not sad to see it gone it was a thread of heated contention if ever there was one

I wonder if bogbrush is on here? ;)