Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844483 times)

CorbyBaggie

• WBA Newbie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »
Brighton pretty much out of range now, would take 4 wins and a 10 goal swing.
Huddersfield have Chelsea, Everton, Man City and Arsenal left, with a worse goal difference though, so are there for the taking. ;)
Win Saturday and we'll all start to believe.
Hallelujah.

If we won all four and Brighton lost all four that's a minimum 8 goal swing.

(I don't actually believe this will happen!)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »
Promoted to the premier league vs Crystal Palace.... Darren Moore Scored.
Pulled off the great escape vs Crystal Palace.... Darren Moore Managed?

Dare to dream!
One of my best days as a baggie, only the 2nd time I went on the pitch (Oldham away 1st) Thanks for bringing this to mind
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2018, 01:58:41 PM »
One of my best days as a baggie, only the 2nd time I went on the pitch (Oldham away 1st) Thanks for bringing this to mind

I can remember the joy on DM's face. then THAT Taylor image.....

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »
I don't like to burst anybody's bubble but 1 swallow does not make a summer! as the saying goes.

I couldn't agree more but let's have a bit of fun til Saturday rains on our parade. As another saying goes :D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
If we won all four and Brighton lost all four that's a minimum 8 goal swing.

(I don't actually believe this will happen!)

The stuff dreams are made of.

(I don't actually believe this will happen either!)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »
Promoted to the premier league vs Crystal Palace.... Darren Moore Scored.
Pulled off the great escape vs Crystal Palace.... Darren Moore Managed?

Dare to dream!

Great reminder. Brilliant.

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »
Good man Dave
Finally feel like we are getting somwhere

WELL DONE THAT MAN

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
Have to admit I was questioning his first substitution. Wasn't sure why McClean was taken off when Gibbs got subbed minutes later. Would have though a straight Gibbs for Evans or Burke would have been a simpler approach. Worked in the end though.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2018, 06:08:01 PM »
Giant job a purely to get a winning mentality back and restore pride if he does a good enough job of this then he will deserve the job if he wants it
O Albion we love you

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2018, 06:33:58 PM »
Giant job a purely to get a winning mentality back and restore pride if he does a good enough job of this then he will deserve the job if he wants it

Absolutely love the man's enthusiasm, but it's going to take a lot more than enthusiasm to move us on from this season
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

ajt33

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »
"Can we restart the season please?"  :P

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
if Darren gets the job full time he has to be more proactive in using bench, if its not working change it.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Love the man and love all he is doing to galvanise the club currently...but next manager? Not for me still.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
Love the man and love all he is doing to galvanise the club currently...but next manager? Not for me still.
I have mixed feelings , felt for a while we should gamble on somebody fresh . I'd have Moore over a lot of names mentioned so far.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Can't help it, it's the most fun I've had all season. I can see the DVD now:

"The Great Escape II: The Return of Big Dave"

:D
Looks like we'll still be in it at 3pm next Sat.  I reckon or chances are up from 1% to about 3% now 😉

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2018, 06:57:20 PM »
He needs to do the business and Newcastle and palace sides we're expected the game too. We have done well in our free hits. I'm impressed so far especially that he didn't crumble and put Evans back in the team. He needs to demonstrate we can take the game to teams and then he will defiantly be in with a shout
O Albion we love you

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2018, 11:31:04 PM »
 ;D He would be a fantastic Assistant coach...he needs to stay with the Club and whoever comes in would have a fantastic attribute in Big Dave.

In a year or 2 give him the "Big Job". ;D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:06 AM »
Looks like we'll still be in it at 3pm next Sat.  I reckon or chances are up from 1% to about 3% now 😉
It's still on!
If we win all 3, Swansea lose their last 4 and Stoke and Saints only beat Swansea and lose the rest, job's a good un!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:40 AM »
We stayed up with 34 points in the Great Escape season! guess how many points we can get this season  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3SXJeZzMQ
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »
The utterly ideal situation for me would be to get in a head coach strictly on a two year contract, with Darren Moore being his assistant (one of two if the guy wants to bring one) with the approach that Darren is lined up to take over after that.

A lot of the really successful teams adopt a system of promoting internally through a system of progression and talent recognition. I wonder how Darren would handle a 3-4 game dip in form in November of such, especially if we've a lot of the team to replace.

Aim high for the next coach, bring in the very best person we can (which probably means aiming at an old head who will come for the money, Luiz Felipe Scolari for example). Pour as much knowledge and wisdom into Moore and the other internal coaches as possible and then promote from within.

Lets try thinking more than 1 year ahead. Lets put a proper system in place!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »
we are going down but thanks to Big Dave for lifting spirits which hopefully bodes well for new life in the championship
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2018, 01:52:23 PM »
The utterly ideal situation for me would be to get in a head coach strictly on a two year contract, with Darren Moore being his assistant (one of two if the guy wants to bring one) with the approach that Darren is lined up to take over after that.

A lot of the really successful teams adopt a system of promoting internally through a system of progression and talent recognition. I wonder how Darren would handle a 3-4 game dip in form in November of such, especially if we've a lot of the team to replace.

Aim high for the next coach, bring in the very best person we can (which probably means aiming at an old head who will come for the money, Luiz Felipe Scolari for example). Pour as much knowledge and wisdom into Moore and the other internal coaches as possible and then promote from within.

I believe something along those lines is the aim, whether we actually achieve that remains to be seen.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2018, 02:03:37 PM »
Big Dave has really got them playing now and I wonder if it's down to his motivation or players thinking he will get the job so I have to impress him.
If that's the case they need to make a decision sooner. The issue with appointing someone in the Summer or close to end of season is that they may decide to 'give everyone a chance' whereas we know what they're like and few chances would be offered.
I think this process will take a lot longer than we think, unless there is someone waiting in the wings.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
I think these performances have always been in there somewhere.  Maybe Pulis had run his course with the squad, or the injuries were too much for the squad we had, but one things for sure, Pardew did not get the players on his side and playing for him.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for chunks of this season and see how bad it was and why management didn't do something sooner.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »

This is muddled thinking. For a start, what coach with any confidence in his own ability is going to take a job where he is just keeping the seat warm for someone else? I doubt if such a person exists.
But just for a moment, let's assume that we found this mythical person and project forward with a couple of very plausible outcomes.
1 He gets us promoted in his first season, and gets a top ten finish in his second, making some excellent signings along the way. The team is playing with confidence and there is a feel good factor about the club. What are you going to do? Sack him and replace him with Big Dave? I don't think so.
2 He is a disaster and we are bottom of the Championship with half the matches played. What are you going to do? Sack him and appoint Big Dave 18 months ahead of schedule? Sack him and look for someone else to appoint in mid season for 18 months? What if this person then steers us clear of relegation and then gets us promoted in the second season? Sack him and replace him with Big Dave? I don't think so.
We all love Big Dave. He is a legend. But maybe he needs a bit more experience to undertake the role of head coach. In which case, we appoint the best person we can find, and offer Big Dave a role within the new set up. If he continues to develop as a coach over the next few years, we can look at him in a few years and make the decision then. On the other hand, if he is ready now, let's appoint him now. This is a decision for those with a finger on the pulse within the club and they have to make a judgement. But, I would suggest, your "utterly ideal situation" is not an outcome that has even a sniff of actually happening.