Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843844 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2018, 02:57:12 PM »
While that is true, I still think we need a strong, experienced core of players. We can't put put out a team of kids every week and hope to get promoted. But with the extra game, squad rotation is key so they may get their chance when we're playing our 4th game in 13 days

You won't win anything with kids  ;)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
The Star and Garter closed down some time ago you cheapskate  ;D .
The Sportsman then, throw in some Chicken Tikka!  :P

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »
The Sportsman then, throw in some Chicken Tikka:P

Big Dave eats Pot Noodles, don't you know nothing ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2018, 04:10:55 PM »
Maybe Brunt could help him

I meant coaching experience, Brunt has none plus along with the rest of the playing staff is one part of the reason we are in this mess
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2018, 06:58:49 PM »
I meant coaching experience, Brunt has none plus along with the rest of the playing staff is one part of the reason we are in this mess

As much as I've defended Nick Hammond, I'd be really disappointed if he didn't help Darren Moore during this period between now & end of season. Especially if, as others have said, a DoF is a wannabe Head Coach.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »
Oh well Long He May Return And Long He May Stay Sir Garry We need you to help Big Dave out
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 10:27:09 PM »
To be honest it is about salvaging a little bit of dignity and that might just be avoiding 6 straight defeats. I would not have blamed Darren in the slightest if he politely declined to pick this up but that is not how the guy rolls so I hope it doesn't go too badly for him.

Darren Moore goes into this as legend and he will come out of it still a legend. Those players who feel like disrespecting him better get ready from serious grief because the fans will not direct any anger or frustration at Darren so that just leaves the collection of overpaid has beens and never wozzers in the firing line.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
You won't win anything with kids  ;)

Only just read that. Brilliant.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
I think his team selection will reflect whoever has applied the most this past week. Don't think he'll pull any punches or try and be a tactical genius.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »
Just hopes he can at least make the team play with a bit of Passion Not Expecting him to win just make them play with Passion and if they don't they have Disrespected the great man and shows how they couldn't give a Damn

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2018, 10:30:41 PM »
Come on big Dave, I believe in you.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2018, 04:48:49 AM »
Do your best Daz, and don't let those muppets win the day.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06:06 AM »
We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and I would still love this bloke. Wishing him nothing but the very best of luck. Who knows he may throw his hat into the ring to become our new head coach on a full time basis.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2018, 08:50:16 AM »
We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and I would still love this bloke. Wishing him nothing but the very best of luck. Who knows he may throw his hat into the ring to become our new head coach on a full time basis.
But this once again shows why sentiment is an issue, what if he plays 442 against a 5 man midfield (like Pardew) what if he picks the same starting 11 that Pardew was picking...
Surely he needs to do/try different so he keeps his status ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2018, 08:59:36 AM »
But this once again shows why sentiment is an issue, what if he plays 442 against a 5 man midfield (like Pardew) what if he picks the same starting 11 that Pardew was picking...
Surely he needs to do/try different so he keeps his status ?

I was thinking about this yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he went with a 3 at the back formation, he played in one under Megson.

I also think, while it's mathematically possible to stay up, he will go for experience. I'm not expecting to see too many personnel changes today.

On the other hand, I do expect to see a more positive attitude from the players.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »
Not wanting a Win today but The Players just to shoes a bit of Fight for Big Dave Come on Big Dave good luck Son

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2018, 11:06:23 AM »
For the younger ones who maybe don’t know where the Big Dave nickname comes from.

https://youtu.be/Pd3VQ0gpil8

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2018, 11:09:47 AM »
For the younger ones who maybe don’t know where the Big Dave nickname comes from.

https://youtu.be/Pd3VQ0gpil8

THAT'S where it comes from! Now I know :D

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Come on big Dave I hope those bunch of premaddona’s show you the respect you deserve.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2018, 11:38:50 AM »
Big Dave is blameless in all of this and I will be cheering him on this afternoon.  Expectations though are still for me very low.  Anything above six straight defeats between now and the season end would be a plus.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »
Big Dave is blameless in all of this and I will be cheering him on this afternoon.  Expectations though are still for me very low.  Anything above six straight defeats between now and the season end would be a plus.
He I said not
He has picked Livermore and brunt in central midfield, we know this doesn't work
He has picked a midfield 4 against a 5 , Pardew got slated for same
He has not changed the team to inject impetus

There really was only one man to come in for the last 6, SGM
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »
Firstly, loved DM as a player and 2001/02 was my favourite WBA team of all time, simply for what was achieved.  Seems to be a really good guy in general too.

However, today to pick Brunt central / Mclean wide in a 4-4-2.  Seriously come on, 5 days on the training ground and that's the best he could do?

He's been there all season and every time Barry or Brunt are picked in that system we struggle.  And I still say Barry/Brunt can be effective in a 5, so not picking on them personally.  Burke has showed some promise recently and he's left out in favour of McLean? 

I guess Chadli/Belgium manager will dictate to WBA if/when he's selected not the other way around.

I don't see us winning any of the last 5 as that was by far the easiest fixture on paper.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »
Big Dave should have made more changes in starting line-up and  team needed freshing up second half. Whole sale changes needed in summer.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
Big Dave should have made more changes in starting line-up and  team needed freshing up second half. Whole sale changes needed in summer.

100% Sure you will get your wish has i'd say up to 8 players will jump ship & their agents are more than likely looking for new births for them has i type.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
I genuinely believe he picked the XI who would have applied themselves best in training this week. That was my hope pre-game and I think that's what it was post-XI. You want to start, you have to earn it.