Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243980 times)

baggie53 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »
Christ knows how Simon Grayson even got considered on the odds and even mentioned on this board. I think the chances of him leaving Leeds are highly unlikely, to leave for any club even. He's at his boyhood club and it'll take something big to make him leave. They had a brilliant season last year given nobody expected them to finish where they did. Although, next season will be even tougher with the likes of Johnson and Robert Snodgrass being prized away.

I don't know what to expect from the Villa situation nomore, there's been so many names thrown around I think the majority have become lost as to where the truth is. As far as I know it's Martinez and Benitez who have turned them down. Would David Moyes leave Everton to join Villa? I think the only thing going in Villa's favour there is that they'd probably have a better summer budget than Everton would. It just seems to go from bad to worse for them, christ knows what they'll do if Stewart Downing decides to leave the club.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
Yeah, and the UK has a proud history too, we've won Eurovision.

The fact is, Bucks Fizz have better odds to rule Europe again.

Benitez, Rijkaard, Ancelotti? - Aston Villa really are in the "Land of Make Believe"!
They"ve had enough time for "making their mind up" ::)

Rich99

« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »
I totally agree BH. Sven, Capello, Hoddle, Taylor.....all came with good CV's (Capello and Eriksson in particular)

Sven? :o Sven has been on a gravy train since.  He was a total disaster managing Mexico heading them on a course to fail to qualify for the World Cup(someone else had to come in to rescue them), he failed too with Ivory coast and yet still got a job over here.  Leicester are very much on the up with money to spend, he got the Man City job too, paid a kings ransom for doing nothing at County also.

Hoddle wasn't sacked due to poor performences with England, it was due to his beliefs. He got the Spurs job after anyway, which was as big as anything he had before the England job.

Anyway, this thread is about Villa, sorry to go on, won't talk about England again.

Maybe Villa should give Hoddle a go come to think of it?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:58:37 PM by Rich99 »

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »
Sven? :o Sven has been on a gravy train since.  He was a total disaster managing Mexico heading them on a course to fail to qualify for the World Cup, he failed with Ivory coast and yet still got a job over here.  Leicester are very much on the up with money to spend, he got the City job too, paid a kings ransom for doing nothing at County also.

Hoddle wasn't saked due to poor performences with England, it was due to his beliefs. He got the Spurs job after anyway, which was as big as anything he had before the England job.

Anyway, this thread is about Villa, sorry to go on, won't talk about England again.

Sven may have earned some money since but you can't deny the fact that the England job severely damaged his reputation. He went from managing Lazio (a major force in a strong Italian league back then) and England to managing an average Manchester City side (pre-investment). Following that he's found himself at Notts County, had brief spells at less than stellar International teams (Mexico and Ivory Coast - the latter more as a result of them desperately needing an available coach than anything else) and now finds himself in the Championship with Leicester City. Since England, and the negative image of him since, he's barely had a sniff of a big job. I have no doubt that had he not taken the England job he'd have had a more successful career path these last 5/6 years.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Rich99

« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
Sven may have earned some money since but you can't deny the fact that the England job severely damaged his reputation.

Yes, and so it should.  He was the highest paid coach in the world and failed to do much, why shouldn't that impact on his career in any way.

Also, his success in Italy was widely seen as due to him having huge amounts of money to spend.  I don't see too many Italian sides chasing after him, I doubt they care too much about his time with England.

It's clear we are more welcoming to him here than elsewhere because he chooses to stay here.  If he was so poorly done by us as is being claimed why isn't he abroad managing?  He isn't because he knows which side his bread is buttered.  He likes the money he gets here, he himself states he likes the way he is treated here.

Sven to Villa? ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:06:57 PM by Rich99 »

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »
Asven Villa!..........that would"nt work.......hopefully.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2011, 04:27:35 PM »
He got us to the quarter finals in two major tournaments with a group of players who were simply no-where near as good as everybody made them out to be. You saying he failed to do much is the exact  issue we have in terms of the England job….the fans and media’s expectations simply aren’t in line with the caliber of players we have. IMO Sven met the expectations we should have had of him, yet to most he’s seen as a failure.

Regardless of what he spent (and Italy was awash with money back then in general anyways) he won several trophies at Lazio and is in some quarters regarded as their greatest manager ever.  His CV prior to England was exemplary. As to why he isn’t abroad managing that may be down to personal choice or perhaps it’s down to the fact he hasn’t got the job offers he wanted following his ‘failed’ time with England.

Looking back on history I think it’s pretty fair to say that 90% of the managers who have managed England have come out the other side with reputations less than that which they came in with.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Mulumbu99

« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »
mcleish has just resigned at blues. off to villa then by the looks of it. deary me.  ;D

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
McLeish to Villa  ;D

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
Also, Forest are in talks with McClaren, so it looks like he won't be going to Villa.

Rich99

« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
McLeish to Villa  ;D

Yes, just heard this.

Ouch.

Bad for Brum in their manager turning traitor in joining the enemy and more than probably bad for Villa in that he's perhaps not that good. :D

Let's hope he can do the double, two relegations in a row. ;D

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
Do we have any Villa reactions to this from their forums?? Can't wait to see the banners about Mcleish before a balls even been kicked next season. HAHAHAHAHA tossers

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »
They seem to think that David Moyes will leave everton and join them , idiots
BOING BOING

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
Had a couple of comments on SSN from seals, "If AM becomes manager I will not be going to Villa Park next season and neither will thousands of other Villa fans. Lerner out" was one.

Also, is anyone else struggling to get on the Villa Talk website?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:47:54 PM by east-stand-nick »

Rich99

« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
Do we have any Villa reactions to this from their forums?? Can't wait to see the banners about Mcleish before a balls even been kicked next season. HAHAHAHAHA tossers

"I would cry if he became our manager"

"NO F***ING WAY DO WE WANT THAT DEFENSIVE BACKWARDS BLUE NOSE SMALL HEATH C*** SITTING IN OUR DUG OUT."

"This would push me over the edge if it ever happene"

http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6786&st=0

;D

Rich99

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
Also, is anyone else struggling to get on the Villa Talk website?

Yes, I think it's gone into meltdown.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
when they say "if manager X signs for us i wont be renewing my season ticket next season"
it tells you all you need to know about their Psyche.
Although i dont have the required wit or wisdom to convey it in words, there are plenty of smarter baggies on here to help me out.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
They should look on the bright side, he's Scottish which almost classifies as European, should fit in with the European Cup they never mention.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
"I would cry if he became our manager"

"NO F***ING WAY DO WE WANT THAT DEFENSIVE BACKWARDS BLUE NOSE SMALL HEATH C*** SITTING IN OUR DUG OUT."

"This would push me over the edge if it ever happene"

http://www.avillafan.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6786&st=0

;D
That brings back memories, it"ll be Learner out next!  ;D

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
How could this possibly get even more humourous? ;D :P
WestBromwichAlbion

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »
I bet Ancellotti and Rijkaard are both gutted to be missing out on the job  :D

Mulumbu99

« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:51 PM »
just had a phone call from a villa fan. he reckons moyes is off to villa and mcleish is off to everton.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
Did Learner go straight back to America after Blues won the League cup?

Just wondering if he is working his way through all his recorded MOTD programmes
he wont like the ending!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
just had a phone call from a villa fan. he reckons moyes is off to villa and mcleish is off to everton.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just had a chap saying that all over my facebook. Don't reckon there's much truth in it, even SSN are reporting that McLeish is favourite for Villa.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6986260,00.html

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....